Engineers Bromellite - Where do I mine it?

I need to mine some Bromellite for an Eng Upgrade.

Is there a site that I can go to and figure out where I can go to mine it rather than just dropping into random rings and trying to find some?

This site does not even list Bromellite.
https://eddb.io/body

Bromellite is mined in ice rings. I've only ever done pristine ice so I don't know about lesser rings. Does the description of Bromellite in the commodity list mention how it's obtained?

Bromellite is mined in ice rings. I've only ever done pristine ice so I don't know about lesser rings. Does the description of Bromellite in the commodity list mention how it's obtained?

Opp. My bad.

For the life of me, I can't remember where I did the ice mining. And now it's gonna bug all day!

LLaP

S1E

Remember that you have to unlock before you do the bromellite thing. Otherwise you will have to carry it around with you and be a pirate magnet. And there will be tears!

Remember that you have to unlock before you do the bromellite thing. Otherwise you will have to carry it around with you and be a pirate magnet. And there will be tears!

This ^^^^

Bill Turner lives in Alioth which requires a permit.

Getting the permit takes a lot longer than mining the bromellite :)

Thankfully Ice rings are pretty, because they don't got much else going on. :)

Except for Bromolite in pristine Icy Rings like Hip 4005 7.

Just look for a pristine ring finder app if you want something closer, then check in the galaxy map for Icy.

I use android ED Finder is awesome for engineer works. Nice to look up common material sources closest to eng bases. Trust meh I have 5k lo level builds.

I just finished my mining bormo for Turner :p

Last edited:
I get the Bromellite for Turner these few days...

really annoying.

I first try an ice ring about Alioth...LHS 2637 4. I spend hours and hours to get around 38 units.

For the last 13, I decided to chance my spot and I went to SANG WANA (4) ~150 LY from Alioth. There is a pristine ring close to a ice ring.

I tried the pristine ring at first but did not find any Bromellite. Then, I reached the ice ring just next the pristine.

I got my 13 remaining units in about 20 minutes. You have plenty to Broomellite around. Lot of rocks with 5 to 6%. And from time to time, rocks with around 25%.

I hope it can help other commander ^^

Last edited:
I get the Bromellite for Turner these few days...

really annoying.

I first try an ice ring about Alioth...LHS 2637 4. I spend hours and hours to get around 38 units.

For the last 13, I decided to chance my spot and I went to SANG WANA (4) ~150 LY from Alioth. There is a pristine ring close to a ice ring.

I tried the pristine ring at first but did not find any Bromellite. Then, I reached the ice ring just next the pristine.

I got my 13 remaining units in about 20 minutes. You have plenty to Broomellite around. Lot of rocks with 5 to 6%. And from time to time, rocks with around 25%.

I hope it can help other commander ^^

If a system is pristine, all rings and belts are pristine. You are thinking Metallic, which you will never find Bromellite. It only exists in Ice rings.

Alioth doesn't have any ice rings, just metal rich and rocky, so you will never find Bromellite there. What's more, Alioth is depleted reserves, so any minerals in the rings will be in small amounts. I have mined in a couple of the rings in Alioth, but this was for materials only, so the mineral reserves don't matter.

edit - here is a system with all 4 ring types: Metallic, Metal Rich, Rocky and Icy. It's also Pristine.

2dlj7rs.jpg

Last edited:
@lizard:

Thx for the clarification =)

yes I meant "metallic" ring and not "pristine" ring =)

I wasn't aware that "pristine" system can boost other rings (than metallic) in the same system. So that I loose a lot of time.

I didn't know HIP 14922. I used SANG WANA

You can also get it doing passenger missions. I obtained mine this way whilst Empire ranking in Aditi. This is a slow method but kills 2 birds with one stone.

Top Bottom