2.3 Beta Release News (27th Feb)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Fake dates? They were dates that we originally were aiming for a BETA release for.

The dev team simply found some issues with the beta client. Rather releasing a game client that would be 1) extremely prone to crashing, 2) generally unstable, it was held back so that the remaining bugs could be resolved and wouldn't make it to live. Because let's be honest here, if we shipped beta as it was, this forum would be filled with complaint after complaint about game crashing, networking issues, etc. Which well, wouldn't be helping anyone.

Pay no attention to the whiners.. While its frustrating for those of us waiting for beta to drop, I can imagine it would be even more frustrating for you guys to sort out the issues. Its better to wait and get a final version that is stable.

I am pretty sure I can speak for the majority of players, that we appreciate your efforts and just hope you guys manage to sort it out soon. Before I lead a revolt and storm Frontiers offices brandishing pitchforks in one hand, and wet fish in the other! ;)

Fake dates? They were dates that we originally were aiming for a BETA release for.

The dev team simply found some issues with the beta client. Rather releasing a game client that would be 1) extremely prone to crashing, 2) generally unstable, it was held back so that the remaining bugs could be resolved and wouldn't make it to live. Because let's be honest here, if we shipped beta as it was, this forum would be filled with complaint after complaint about game crashing, networking issues, etc. Which well, wouldn't be helping anyone.

Alternative facts!

That reminds me, i should add in a salt canister emoticon to the forums at some point. :D

Can I have a Squirrel one while your at it?

Don't worry about those that think just because they have paid for something they can have it right now, they would be the first people to complain it's broken and then not actually do what a beta TESTER is meant to do. Break it and report the bugs.

Beta and early access have lost all meaning these days. You use to be paid to do this and now it's like a given right to get stuff early and then complain how broken it is.

Last edited:
Pay no attention to the whiners.. While its frustrating for those of us waiting for beta to drop, I can imagine it would be even more frustrating for you guys to sort out the issues. Its better to wait and get a final version that is stable.

I am pretty sure I can speak for the majority of players, that we appreciate your efforts and just hope you guys manage to sort it out soon. Before I lead a revolt and storm Frontiers offices brandishing pitchforks in one hand, and wet fish in the other! ;)

and maybe we're the silent majority because are grown enough to not whine for a beta (a BETA!) release posponed.

The point is that I am myself not really interested in 2.3 content. What bothers me is the fact that when a date or an estimation is given people expect something to happen.

As I said some people, me included, can understand that.

But that said : we are now experiencing debate about date/estimation. My concern is the image given outside the community (videogame website, external forums, etc.), and inside the community.

Can I have a Squirrel one while your at it?

Don't worry about those that think just because they have paid for something they can have it right now, they would be the first people to complain it's broken and then not actually do what a beta TESTER is meant to do. Break it and report the bugs.

Beta and early access have lost all meaning these days. You use to be paid to do this and now it's like a given right to get stuff early and then complain how broken it is.

Exactly this [alien]

looks like another Forum Funday - yesterday was brill

AAAAAnnnd in the Red Corner we have "The White Nights" defending....

Aaaaaaand in Blue Corner we have "The Whiners" who once again will resume their attack

READY, STEADY ....... GO!

Last edited:

^ This.

In my opinion a community should relax a bit, reduce the pressure. FDev is doing what thay can. Its not a release of 2.3 its beta 2.3. Its a kindness from developer to allow us to participate in it and present our opinion.

That reminds me, i should add in a salt canister emoticon to the forums at some point. :D

360fx360f

Last edited:

Exactly. The forum screaming and dissing would be a lot worse than the current entitlement levels happening right now.

Folks don't seem to realise that programming is hard. Especially coding for games. Debugging doubly so.

Keep up the excellent work FDEV - you'd think we lived in a perfect world where slipping a few days on a beta causes so much sadness.

Last edited:
@brettc @edwardclewis @zacantonanci Hyperion got your back were we disappointed yes but hey ho this is game development no one died it will be ready when its ready so everyone chill and look forward to seeing the beta 😀

The point is that I am myself not really interested in 2.3 content. What bothers me is the fact that when a date or an estimation is given people expect something to happen.

As I said some people, me included, can understand that.

But that said : we are now experiencing debate about date/estimation. My concern is the image given outside the community (videogame website, external forums, etc.), and inside the community.

I mean... you DO know what "estimation" means, right?

Surely the patch notes aren't bugged, maybe release those in the meantime?

Also, when the "go" button is finally pushed, I hope someone says "RELEASE THE KRAKEN"

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom