Just saw the new trailer. WOW!

Lol its funny how different people are psyched for differed things (this is a good thing).

For me i thiught those spikes were the weak part of the vid, it was the terrain on that planet in the distance and the cave which did it for me ( and the thargoid) but to each their own :)

True, I really dont care that much about alien content, but the spike cobra got my eye instantly. But dont get me wrong, I would love to visit planet that looks like one in the vid too!

Last edited:
Credit where its due, Frontier arent bad at knocking up great trailers. :)

Wouldn't it be wonderful if for once we get something like that by, you know, playing the game. It did look pretty cool.

Now imagine if the spikes are not just for looks...that thought just gave me space wood...

Last edited:
as I stated in another thread about this, cinematic cutscene is always awesome and exciting to look at, but game play is a complete different from cinematic cutscene.

11356482_813520858744352_1660530431_n.jpg

Now imagine if the spikes are not just for looks...that thought just gave me space wood...

I am still waiting for them to make different hulls look different, oh boy I was disappointed after i bought my first mirrored surface composite and the ship didn't look any different and no were close having hole surface covered in mirrors.

The spikes look cool, though. Why they always release new type of stuff first to cobra mk III, most who have played game enough to care about buying skins fly bigger ships.... They should start with Anaconda, as the most seem to fly one these days.

as I stated in another thread about this, cinematic cutscene is always awesome and exciting to look at, but game play is a complete different from cinematic cutscene.

Yeah we know, it will probably be copy/paste POI on two/three planets in Pleiades that looks like that but... let ppl dream :D

Let's hope the "spiky" planet isn't just the art department's promotional teaser and eventually shows up in the game. As the live streams have never revealed anything like it we'll wait and see. Definitely not in 2.3 Beta.

Meanwhile with the Thargoids showing up it looks like surface prospecting just got a whole lot more dangerous! Hmmm...Maybe the mothership protecting Tharglets on the surface...

I don't think those background spikes are planetary features, more base or mahoosive ship features.

Watch the last you can see some organic Geiger style surface features and then the standard planer underneath.

Methinks Barnacles have been growing something......BIG!

Wow yes spikes on a cobra.

at 0.21 sec
right at the top of the screen just over from middle to right. I thought that looked like a big ships undercarriage or some kind of craft.
prob just a rock formation.

short but very good.

Lol its funny how different people are psyched for differed things (this is a good thing).

For me i thiught those spikes were the weak part of the vid, it was the terrain on that planet in the distance and the cave which did it for me ( and the thargoid) but to each their own :)

A commander can't have to many spikes, I'm ready!

The subject matter is very important in relation to the quality of the popcorn, a really controversial thread and out comes the butterkist if its a bit meh then its aldi. it always has to be toffee popcorn mind.

Top Bottom