Elite Dangerous 2.3 Beta Q&A Part 2 - Tuesday 21st March 7PM - Your Questions Needed

Hello everyone,

We haven't got a stream tonight (Thursday 16th) as we're still recovering from PAX! So instead, let's get prepped for the next of our 2.3 beta Q&A livestreams with Sandy Sammarco.

He did such a good job of answering your questions at PAX... we thought we'd continue.

Here's the thread we're going to be using, please have a look to see if you're question has already been asked... Alex will be updating the post as we get closer to the livestream on Tuesday:

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...ANTED-Elite-Dangerous-2-3-Q-amp-A-Livestreams

The stream will be at the link below on March 21st at 7PM GMT:

https://www.youtube.com/user/FrontierDevelopments/live

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
Question 1: Is there any chance of having more foreign characters implemented into the game? Specifically Polish characters, but of course other languages too.

Question 2: What was most difficult obstacle to overcome when developing the game for Playstation platform?

Thanks!

I will also do my best to pick up any questions that get asked on this thread. :)

See you Tuesday!

Edit:

Question 1: Is there any chance of having more foreign characters implemented into the game? Specifically Polish characters, but of course other languages too.

Question 2: What was most difficult obstacle to overcome when developing the game for Playstation platform?

Thanks!

Added

Last edited:
Can FD get Alex a paint job pack or 'Good Egg' decal for curating this list?

Heh to be honest I'm only missing 5 or 6 of the "money can't buy" paintjobs now, I've been around too long... Frontier need to make more of them :p

The gesture is appreciated though.

Last edited:

Arimus

Volunteer Moderator
Question: Has there been any discussion regarding the colors used in the comms panel? At the moment any remarks made by your NPC crew is in yellow, the same color as messages from friends. Should a friend send me a message whilst I am in combat I miss it because I am giving orders to my crew and he is giving feedback. Perhaps different colors can be used to differentiate the various messages further?

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
Heh to be honest I'm only missing 5 or 6 of the "money can't buy" paintjobs now, I've been around too long... Frontier need to make more of them :p

The gesture is appreciated though.

Some of us have been around for possibly longer and still not won a single one ;)

Hehe, awesome work though as always.

Did you add the question i asked about why is the R1 DSS upgrade locked behind a T3 engineer, the R2 behind T2 engineers and none of them (including the R5 upgrades) are with engineers who have anything to do with exploration?

What kind of changes can we expect next regarding SRV / surface combat? Most base assaults (or random POIs) have a single wave standard skimmers that is trivially dispatched, often from outside the permiter without anyone even shooting back. At the same time other bases have ships on station that are completely impossible for SRVs to deal with. Clearly there's room for both expansion and rebalancing, so what kind of improvements do you think you'll get around to first?

- - - Updated - - -

Can we expect to see any expansion of NPC crew usage and capabilities? What we got is one of my favorite bits of Season 2 and I want more! (Being able to see them on the bridge would also be ace).

Can the Helm position please have more control over what the Gunner can access? Say a checkbox in the firegroup selection menu?

It'd benefit both group mining and bounty hunting.

Last edited:
Question: Has there been any discussion regarding the colors used in the comms panel? At the moment any remarks made by your NPC crew is in yellow, the same color as messages from friends. Should a friend send me a message whilst I am in combat I miss it because I am giving orders to my crew and he is giving feedback. Perhaps different colors can be used to differentiate the various messages further?

Added

FD needs to hire you.
Or at least send you some pizza. :)

Excuse me whilst I blush.

Some of us have been around for possibly longer and still not won a single one ;)
Hehe, awesome work though as always.
Did you add the question i asked about why is the R1 DSS upgrade locked behind a T3 engineer, the R2 behind T2 engineers and none of them (including the R5 upgrades) are with engineers who have anything to do with exploration?

Really?!?

I think I was a bit lucky with some to be honest. I was on the first 24hr livestream most of the night being a student so the packs were a bit easier to win when the giveaway is between 200 people and not 500-700 as most recent streams have had.

Yes, going to re-word it slightly but yes it's in. :)

What kind of changes can we expect next regarding SRV / surface combat? Most base assaults (or random POIs) have a single wave standard skimmers that is trivially dispatched, often from outside the permiter without anyone even shooting back. At the same time other bases have ships on station that are completely impossible for SRVs to deal with. Clearly there's room for both expansion and rebalancing, so what kind of improvements do you think you'll get around to first?
Can we expect to see any expansion of NPC crew usage and capabilities? What we got is one of my favorite bits of Season 2 and I want more! (Being able to see them on the bridge would also be ace).

Added both

Can the Helm position please have more control over what the Gunner can access? Say a checkbox in the firegroup selection menu?
It'd benefit both group mining and bounty hunting.

Added

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
Really?!?

I think I was a bit lucky with some to be honest. I was on the first 24hr livestream most of the night being a student so the packs were a bit easier to win when the giveaway is between 200 people and not 500-700 as most recent streams have had.

Yes, going to re-word it slightly but yes it's in. :)

Aye i was there for the 24 hours, but to be fair I won the book from Michael and I'd take that over all the paint job packs any day of the week. :)

Question...
In Solo mode, when an NPC crew member is aboard and operating the ship launched fighters (via telepresence).
Will we in the future see them occupying the co-pilot seat ? AKA multi-crew style.

Many thanks
Flimley

Last edited:
Will we be able to pick up Commanders for Multicrew if we are docked on the same station without using Telepresence? If not, would it be a feature you'd consider, have more risk/reward if everyone is actually present in the ship?

Question 1: Since 2.3 adds turreted Mining.
Do you have any plans to make mining more attractive?
Like giving a bonus when you mine in a wing or with multicrew?

Question 2: Any chance that the Mineral distribution in asteroid belts gets a change someday so that it resembles planetary surface droptables?
Randomized droptables with Common, Uncommon and Rare materials, and not a fixed one like it is now where every single metallic belt has the same content?

Question 3: Markets
Is there a way that markets can react better to overflooding them with materials?
i mean...if no one ever mines the low-value ores and only goes for painite, platinum and whatnot, shouldnt the price drop into oblivion then?
wouldnt it be way more interesting if the market prices would fluctuate more? so that an uncommon material could sell for a higher price than a rare one?

2 Question :

What news can you share with us about Atmosphering planets?

Peoples seems carring about the an improved exploration system. Do you plan anything about that ?

Q1 : Will the gold Anaconda ever come back for sale?

Q2 : Will the other limited ship skins ever come backup for sale? (eg. Chrome / silver Viper MK3)

Can SCB control and heat sinks be changed to helm only? A gunner isn't aware of the overall ship heat patterns, and firing SCB without heatsinks can cause self-inflicted damage.

- - - Updated - - -

Will the Braben bobblehead ever make a return or has it been perma-banned?

Last edited:
Q1: Timelines. Could you give an estimate of the remaining time for the beta and also for the remaining season?

Q2: Is there a chance for ship/player customization through in-game unlocks?

Q3: How will multi-crew be expanded from 2.3 onwards?

Q4: When will we see more gameplay surrounding installations?

Thank you!

Top Bottom