Anaconda 2.2 vs. 2.3 Cockpit Changes

Which one looks better? 2.3 looks cleaner, has more paint decorations, but no computer screens and less metallic textures. The loose wiring is the same in both. The floor is very smooth in 2.3. It needs a more textured surface to look less bland imo.

The big ships have a lot of empty cockpit space. Would be nice to have cockpit decoration and customization. Such as a sofa, table, chairs and paintings. Put that as cosmetic items in the store.

Here's the cockpit of every ship in 2.3 Beta 1.

1air3ysbjnpy.jpg

Update:

I'm not fond of the geometry downgrade:

unknown.png

unknown.png

The NPC is less detailed in 2.3 beta 5:

attachment.php

See this post on the subreddit.

Last edited:
The 2.3 version really does look a lot "cleaner" than the 2.2 version.
Almost to the point where it looks like they've deliberately reduced the polygon count and simplified the textures.

Can't say I really pay a lot of attention to that sort of stuff in-game although I'm sure there'll be people throwing their toys out of their prams over the changes.

Last edited:
It definitely looks like they reduced textures to save resources. It looks pretty bare but i have only seen pics. I will reserve judgement till it goes live.

I just hope they dont irredeemably break the game in some way with this next update.

Looks like some issues with the render/lighting. If they had to rework the cockpit for MC I guess it's possible they redid the texture layers too.

Looks unfinished, though.

First thing I've noticed in 2.3 - Anaconda's cockpit turned from 'meh' to 'absolute horror of a design'. Lightly coloured radar background - it's just lol. Can't be deliberate, it's just too stupid.
Rest of the surfaces just look so bleak and plain that you could easily think that they've forgot to actually texture them. Horrific.

Yes, negative. Cheap brittle plastic molds. Poor yuppi stuff. Definitely not an all-round industrial space cow.

It looks like 2000-style flat Halo textures. Less contrast and such ... reminds of the downgrading of planets`surfaces.
Not impressive.

BTW, you are sure your graphics settings were the same? ;)

Last edited:
The 2.3 version really does look a lot "cleaner" than the 2.2 version.
Almost to the point where it looks like they've deliberately reduced the polygon count and simplified the textures.

Can't say I really pay a lot of attention to that sort of stuff in-game although I'm sure there'll be people throwing their toys out of their prams over the changes.

That unfortunately is a given

I think it partly has to do with the lighting, 2.2 is darker.

But at least this way I don't need to look at mouldy carpet and half melted Atmosphere pumps even when fully repaired.

Top Bottom