THE FORMIDINE RIFT MYSTERY (Part 4)

Just wondering, but...

Wouldn't the next step be to go searching for Earth-like worlds in the Formadine Rift near where the Zaraura Megaship was found?

If the Megaship was found in a POI/Signal Source in that system, then could there be other things to find?

Isn't there still one more location to find?

The Galnet Article contained one location, correct?

Styx
Rhea
Yildun
Eurydice
Rhamnousia
Bellerophon
Epione
Eurycleia
Amphithea
Cronus
Daedalion
Chione
Iapetus
Anticlea
Aeolus
Erebus
Jupiter
Xanthus
Furies
Cassiopeia

Taking each starting letters, we then get :

SRYERBEEACDCIAAEJXFC0

"REBECCA" is cancelled out, leaving us with "SYREADIAEJXFC0", which is : Syreadiae JX-F c0.

Doesn't that mean there could be a second Megaship to find?

Has no one solved the DB-IB one in the trailer, yet?
naw
u mean that

DB-1B fi[0] T-13
19 SUM[10,7,5,3]

too busy doing lines of "hexedit"

You haven't solved it. You've found something significant. There's a difference.

Cheers,

Drew.

Edit - oops. Funny editing going on!

Can you confirm whether or not there are still undiscovered assets in the three regions for us to go looking for? Obviously the mystery isn't in the finding of *things*, but in the pieces of the story that these things give us, but there are still some glaring missing things alluded to in the previously discovered logs (see my previous post for a run down), and for completion's sake it would be good to know if they're actually there to be found.

Last edited:
What is going on with people treating the discover of the Megaship and its logs as though its the solution to the FR mystery?

Surely this is the discovery of part of the mystery, not the solution of the mystery.

Edit - ninja'd.

Last edited:
Wow. I can't believe how upset a lot of people are. Sure there are some other video games out there that are "community driven", but none come close to the level of Elite: Dangerous. How many of you can say that you were a part in determining the outcome of a novel? Well now we can. No matter who gets the credit for "solving" the mystery (I don't think it's even close to being solved) we all know that we've all contributed. Also, instead of complaining about WHAT unfolded we should be thanking DB, IB, and DW (and others involved in the entire Elite franchise), for HOW it unfolded. It has been a long journey for a lot of you (I'm fairly new to the series) and it's still going. There's still so much more to be revealed. All we know is there is a broke down mega ship in the Rift. How? Why? Who? What was the cargo? The men behind this franchise weather it be the game or novels, are all artists. They wouldn't just throw some paint at a wall and call it art (only Jackson Pollick can do that). Their moves are calculated and methodical. So I am excited about things to come and look forward to the 29th and beyond.

With that said…

So we've all solved one location. The other has to do with the video clue. Maybe the Galnet clue was the starting point and the video clue is the final location? I think it's going to work out to be a set of coordinates. I'm still looking through old posts that Drew might have hinted at being possible workout solutions but I don't have any solid leads. But let's stick together and work it out. Let's show that there is still hope for humanity.

I bet there is a Megaship in each of the two other regions as well: Conflux and Hawkin's Gap.
I wonder what is the true "end" of Formidine Rift, if we haven't solved it.

How could megaship be IG since gamma ? curious to know.

I think the running explanation at this point is that it was probably an anaconda prior to the latest update. It seems reasonable. And if nobody found it up to that point, no reason not to add a little flash when you can before it's revealed to the world galaxy.

Dear Drew,
Tried that Tweety thing but I guess that did not work (Sylvester issues I guess) so I will repost the question here.

In the video clue part "DB-IB" is the symbol "-" in the middle a minus sign or a hyphen?
Would really help eliminate possibles.

Regards

So, does that mean there is 'more to be found' in the Rift? Or are you meaning the overall bubble/galaxy-wide 'conspiracy' mentioned in one of the old lady's logs?

You know I can't answer that question. ;)

I have been at pains to say this mystery isn't 'a' POI. That's still true. That doesn't mean it doesn't contain POIs (because how else can players visit something/see it/learn?).

Some of those POIs have been upgraded overtime because the technology improved. Some additions have been made. I thought that was quite cool personally - lots of people put a lot of hard work into the Zurara for example.

Will you all be satisfied by the ultimate outcome? I'm guessing not after some of the comments today! I don't think I can satisfy you all.

This is a piece of in-game story when all is said and done. It has a finite set of resources available to it and only limited mechanics to allow players to affect and interact with it. Within those constraints I have improvised to the best of my ability. I do carefully observe how things are progressing. I'll admit could have done some things better. This is a learning experience for me too. I'll accept direct criticism when one of you has written a cohesive in-game MMO player influenced storyline, whilst writing a book and interacting with a busy dev team, working around bugs and issues and holding down a full-time job and a family. ;) We can compare notes - let me know when you're ready.

Some constraints are also forced upon me. The book must end at a point in time (I hated 'Lost' for that reason!) and all this is bound up in it. That may require some contrivances or nudges in certain directions.

Those of you who've met me know that I only have the best interests of the Elite Dangerous community at heart. If you haven't, I'll appeal to your judgement of character.

The event on the 29th may not work either. It's a risk, we all know that. But nobody ever achieved anything worthwhile by holding back and playing it safe.

Cheers,

Drew.

Can you confirm whether or not there are still undiscovered assets in the three regions for us to go looking for? Obviously the mystery isn't in the finding of *things*, but in the pieces of the story that these things give us, but there are still some glaring missing things alluded to in the previously discovered logs (see my previous post for a run down), and for completion's sake it would be good to know if they're actually there to be found.

That's just it: I would love to get in on this. IF the devs would confirm, in no uncertain terms, that yes, there is something out there, right now, to be found.

All these vagueries though...Getting to wonder whether they are just stringing us along while they work to insert the next Discovery with the next update.

Also, scanners that actually find things would help.

I have been at pains to say this mystery isn't 'a' POI. That's still true. That doesn't mean it doesn't contain POIs (because how else can players visit something/see it/learn?).

Some of those POIs have been upgraded overtime because the technology improved. Some additions have been made. I thought that was quite cool personally - lots of people put a lot of hard work into the Zurara for example.

Will you all be satisfied by the ultimate outcome? I'm guessing not after some of the comments today! I don't think I can satisfy you all.

This is a piece of in-game story when all is said and done. It has a finite set of resources available to it and only limited mechanics to allow players to affect and interact with it. Within those constraints I have improvised to the best of my ability. I do carefully observe how things are progressing. I'll admit could have done some things better. This is a learning experience for me too. I'll accept direct criticism when one of you has written a cohesive in-game MMO player influenced storyline, whilst writing a book and interacting with a busy dev team, working around bugs and issues and holding down a full-time job and a family. ;) We can compare notes - let me know when you're ready.

Some constraints are also forced upon me. The book must end at a point in time (I hated 'Lost' for that reason!) and all this is bound up in it. That may require some contrivances or nudges in certain directions.

Those of you who've met me know that I only have the best interests of the Elite Dangerous community at heart. If you haven't, I'll appeal to your judgement of character.

The event on the 29th may not work either. It's a risk, we all know that. But nobody ever achieved anything worthwhile by holding back and playing it safe.

Cheers,

Drew.

Remember that some time ago... "The Core of the problem" and then Rebecca has now said the "Problem aint out here. its back in the core worlds" It was like it was in front of us the whole time...

Jenner

I wish I was English like my hero Tj.
Congrats to all those who helped find this. I am truly impressed by your dedication and tenacity in unraveling the mystery. :)

Obsidian Ants new video annoys me "Elite Dangerous - Formidine Rift Mystery Solved" How on earth has it been solved. Megaships were not in game until 2.3. audio logs were not a thing until 2.3. The rift mystery has been in since gamma. so. How. On earth. Is this solved.

- - - Updated - - -

Holy crap. We came here just to say the same thing.

It isn't solved. :) I've corrected the title and description of the video.

It's actually strange to read this thread. From the mega ship discovery onwards, there are many posts talking about this mystery having been "solved". Maybe it was a case of Chinese whispers...that is certainly how I incorrectly got the wrong impression. :)

No harm done though, and hopefully a lot more stuff to look forward to.

Last edited:

Cheers,

Drew.

You don't have to satisfy us all Drew, just me :D

It isn't solved. :) I've corrected the title and description of the video.

It's actually strange to read this thread. From the mega ship discovery onwards, there are many posts talking about this mystery having been "solved". Maybe it was a case of Chinese whispers...that is certainly how I incorrectly to the wrong impression. :)

No harm done though, and hopefully a lot more stuff to look forward to.

Yeah I dont know why people were saying its solved. megaships were not in gamma :D

Phaethon's reach. Phaethon arrived till the Scorpio constellation when he lost control of the horses and dropped to Eridanus river.
Path of souls. According to Greek mythology is the river Acheron where Hermes (for some) or Charos (for others) was accompanying the dead through to Hades

Hope I am correct and that it helps

Last edited:

Cheers,

Drew.

Well said Drew - Can't rep you again so take a virtual +1 :D

Top Bottom