News Elite Dangerous 2.3.01 bug fixes update coming early May

Minonian

Banned
Early May? For the first patch?

Gotta be honest, I'm rather surprised by the marked slowdown in development. Really starting to feel like ED is much lower in priority these days.

Thanks for the update, anyway.

I think it's the opposite this far we had to waited for the patches, and rebalancing until the next mayor update. :p
And also? Belíve me it's better to do once or twice in a month than do the patches weekly. Because in this case? The patches only producing more bug...

Last edited:
I think it's the opposite this far we had to waited for the patches, and rebalancing until the next mayor update. :p

IDK, I'm used to seeing good patches come within 1 or 2 weeks of release...this has been the case for a long time.

Well,
Thanks for the update, but if the release is in May, then I guess I will be out for a while.
The Map bug is a big issue for me, and as it was reported during the first beta, I am done for a while.
Good luck FD I wish you the best.

Last edited:
two more weeks to fix the bug with map UI pointer? wow..... well at least we know something now :(

"You will take your crumbs and like it"

Is how I feel right now...I know someone will call me impatient and petulant, but man, there are some glaring bugs out there. Up to 4 weeks for a patch that probably won't cover everything. Packhounds, Multi-Crew...Open unplayable with friends out in the deep and a multitude of folks with severe GalMap problems. I can't help saying I'm unhappy about this.

Minonian

Banned
IDK, I'm used to seeing good patches come within 1 or 2 weeks of release...this has been the case for a long time.

Than you did not played with some of the games i did... there was some who rolled up weekly patches, but that patches usually created as many issue than they resolved. (if not more)

Than you did not played with some of the games i did... there was some who rolled up weekly patches, but that patches usually created as many issue than they resolved. (if not more)

We're not talking about other games.

Frontier has set a precedent of releasing buggy updates but following up with quick patches that fix most things.

Ed, surely FDEV will postpone the event on April 29th until theses fixes are implemented. The MC and packhound ammo bugs alone will ruin that event day and not give Drew the ending he's hoping for, not to mention lots of Salomé supporters

Last edited:
"You will take your crumbs and like it"

Is how I feel right now...I know someone will call me impatient and petulant, but man, there are some glaring bugs out there. Up to 4 weeks for a patch that probably won't cover everything. Packhounds, Multi-Crew...Open unplayable with friends out in the deep and a multitude of folks with severe GalMap problems. I can't help saying I'm unhappy about this.

You are absolutely right. A month long wait on a fix for some game breaking bugs is too long. :( It's common knowledge that patch releases often come with numerous bugs but they get fixed in a week or two max. This is just too long.

It's good news, & the update can't come soon enough.
Nice to have the acknowledgement of the bugs reported too.

Unacceptable.
Releasing a bunch of bugs, slowing down developement over the last months, shifting ressources and basicslly sidelining players by leaving major bugs in the game is unacceptable. Sorry, Ed, nothing personal.

Top Bottom