Just a list of what should be done since FD wants to focus on improving existing content. Add your own points!

Just a list of what should be done since FD wants to focus on improving existing content. Add your own points!

No talks, just a list of issues that need attention (some points are my personal opinion/suggestion like removal of RNG) in no particular order except for content type:

1. Netcoding

- Supercruise tunnel of death
- Rubberbanding
- Extreme high latency (up to 3000ms+)
- Parallel insatnces (even though only 2 players are in one instance)
- IP gathering/farming (I wanna keep my privacy, please)
- Ghost rams
- Station not assigning docking pads
- Station assigning used docking pads
- Nav-Lock throwing you out 200km too far
- Desynch when nav-locking to wingman near station
- Combat Logging (all modes - PvP/PvE. I have seen players logging on NPCs, too)
- Menu freeze when engineering stuff
- Invisible players
- Desynched players (C can be seen by A but not by B while C can see A and B)
- Multicrew DCs
- Matchmaking errors
- Extreme long transition times in hyperspace
- Connection error in populated systems
- Players not visible in supercruise (too small distance of 100ls sometimes)
- Interdictions throwing you out in different instances
- Interdictions showing false information (example: you are winning but all out of sudden you lose)
- Instantly win/lose interdictions

2. Gameplay and Balance

- Get rid of RNGineers and make them engineers (add slides that consume set materials)
- Get rid of the idea of upgrades and make them actual modifications (example: +1 thermal resistance -0.5 kinetic and -0.5 explosive resistance)
- Add engineer commodities to be spent and stored at engineer bases for special effects
- Nerf special effects across the board. (Such as emissive, cascades, etc.)
- Give NPCs access to modifications and special effects depending on their combat rank and player's ship loadout
- Connect PowerPlay and the BGS
- Add more interaction possibilities and most importnatly, possible rewards/losses with the BGS
- Add player group support (even basic group tags would be useful)
- Allow for player-to-player trades (screw off gold digging, it's a lame excuse, any given MMO provides player trading via direct or indirect trade like auctions for example)
- Add passive credit income sources for players who don't have much time (example: investing in BGS factions/stations)
- Make factions and stations feel more different. I basically can do everything within a 20LY radius. Railguns precicely cost always the same except in LYR space, etc.
- Make superpowers more aggressive against eachother, especially in powerplay.
- Coloured bookmarks
- Planet surface bookmarks
- Rebalance ships like the Gunship or Viper/Cobra IV ships and make the mless copy-pasta
- Rebalance combat so burst damage becomes a thing again
- Add NPC wings, especially in CZs that allow for more teamwork
- Get rid of AI aimbot, their aim is godlike even at lower ranks while their pip management is stupid
- Make missions pay out more for dangerous tasks and less for haulage missions or scans (Quince, Robigo, Sothis, etc.)
- Give NPC crew escape capsules so they don't die at their Elite rank when you die to a bug or accidentially forget about your ship in SC and run out of fuel
- Make Asteorids give WAY more stones, it's stupid that we can only mine 0.01% of their actual mass
- Allow for rare rings/asteorid clusters in deep space (outside the bubble) that contain alot of valueable resources AND (engineer) materials like ruthenium or palladium
- Make drones not consume cargo space and make them reuseable
- Give SRV immunity to pebble collision damage or atleast let the frickin' shield absorb it
- Allow f or more extreme prices i ncertain locations for commodities so extreme profit runs exist (especially for rares)
- Get rid of limited rare good supply tied to CMDR account
- Allow for player created NPC and player missions and let players select NPC mission rewards (I don't need your damn untypical shield scans, gosh)
- Give AI crew more "I" in fighters. They are unable to fight near planets, stations, asteorids or any object plus they sit around doing nothing when their PP got sniped.

- As already stated above: rebalance engineers to make the mmodifications rather than upgrades and rebalance ships to make them more viable against eachother
- Make unengineered ships equally powerful to fully modded ones (so Horizons is not P2W)
- Get rid of reputation, I don't want them to have holograms of me besides their bed ... let alone imagining their collection of the CMDrs ... uuuuugh ewwww
- Stop putting engineers in permit locked locations
- Rebalance blueprints such as long range, overcharged (Multicannons), efficient, Heavy duty, etc.
- Make materials be purchaseable by credits and/or let them be tarded by players

- Allow for advanced scans or USS to be scanned by discovery scanners instead of idle-waiting for them to spawn
- Give explorers data for scanning systems (those used for engineers), especially for detailed scans
- Add a wave scanner to certain ships like the ASP Explorer
- Do not use RNG to generate POIs, make them permanent once discovered (continue to use RNG when generating them THE FIRST TIME)
- Make surface settlements datapoints give more data and let players allow to choose from a pool of data depending on the settlement type and seize and security level
- Let us enter planet orbist faster
- Add a warning for larger and heavier ships before they approach a high G planet
- Allow for different supercruise manouverbility and speed by using different FSDs
- Integrate galaxy and star map inside cockpit, do not open additional window
- Add ingame MP3 player
- Add ingame access to internet (browser) and/or Netflix
- Allow for assigning ship and module transfer destinations from any location of the bubble (at stations) so we don't have to be at the target destination to transfer stuff
- Allow player minor BGS factions to be controlled by their player group. They should be able to give out certain types of missions for example and start a war with another faction, etc.
- Let CMDR kills drop materials
- Let CMDR kills give more merits than NPC kills (if alligned to hostile PP faction)
- Set a high, permanent bounty that can be paid off for clean player kills depending on their insurance costs (example: you kill a clean player that has a 5m insurance cost and recieve a 5m credit bounty)
- Player bounties collected can only be as high as player's insurance cost (example: you kill a wanted player that has a 1m insurance cost and recieve 1 out of the 4m bounty pool, the 4m remain on the wanted player)
- Add sanctions for hostile players to BGS factions, no docking permission etc.
- Do not allow NPCs to permanetely track our location, do not allow them to see silent ships, do not give the maccess to skills and features players don't have access to. Just because they are too damn dumb doesn't mean cheats are okay to compensate for their stupidity.
- Give black holes massive gravity force and let ships blow up quickly in a dark space when being soaked into one
- Give stars WAY more heat, I usually overheat due to boosting or thermal cascade rathter than being kilometers away from a star
- Non-apple canopy, give them more health and/or add a steel plating for emergencies
- Improvements for the interdiciton minigame, limit escape vectore to ship's supercruise manouverbility
- Ramming deals WAY MORE damage, shields shouldn't be able to hold back a ram at 500m/s on a 4G planet
- Add more malfunctions for modules like shield generators or SCBs
- Allow for different boost types. For example a more continous boost or shorter boost durations, etc.
- Docking Computer should allow for undocking, too.
- Docking Computer should not consume a module slot, integrate it to the main board computer. It already can land on planets and do basic flight manouvers ...

3. Visuals

- Add proper antialiasing, these pixel stars are unacceptable
- Proper explosion animations and way better smoke near planets
- Better scrap parts from exploded ships
- Allow for instant explosions for example if the kill accured due to a ram
- Do not let ships exlode if a single C1T Pulse Laser did the final hit, instead let them float in space, deactivated like the alien victim ships. Allow for explosion if hit by burst weaponary or a ram
- Increase draw distance
- Add different HUDs especially for different ship manufacturers
- Add ingame HUD customization options
- Add non-holo HUD panels
- More difference in ship cockpits of the same ship family (federal Dropships, Viper/Cobra III/IV etc.)
- Let bright stars blind you like EDFX mods allow you to do that
- Better hull damage models, especially more detailed ones
- Improved canopy cracks
- Improve galaxy map visuals and skybox by showing more stars in the galaxy map and let us manually select jump destinations by looking at certain stars in the skybox
- Better projectile impact visuals, get rid of firework effects
- More detailed paintjobs
- Ship kits are affected by paintjobs
- Better FSD effects (especially this blue break animation that only goes slightly behind your visual range unless you have increased your FOV manually)
- Better hyperspace visuals, get rid of 2D images. Ever looked 90° in any direction? Looks like crap.
- Better ship cockpit shake levels to improve feeling of G forces and less 90° +/- shake on/off jumping
- Correctly show ship thrust coming out of thrusters whe above the speed limit with flight assist on
- Allow to mnaually customize HUD to switch panels, etc.
- Improve render distance for planets
- Do not allow stones to float on planets
- Make stones visible from longer ranges
- Remove artificial lighting on dark side of planets, it looks stupid and makes it extremely unrealistic
- Alot of improvements to asteorid rings, make the background look the same as the actual asteorids, consider dust levels, etc.
- Less armageddon sparkling in ship cockpit when reciving tiny amounts of damage
- Show module intergity for selected modules like powerplant in HUD
- Improve yellow station truck visuals as well as other station and settlement visuals such as glass tubes, plants (especially in detail)
- Add more detail to ships
- Fix model clippings for example landing gear being larger than the landing gear shutter
- Get rid of 2D sun-flare images that rotate when you rotate as well

4. Sound

- Better hull damage sounds
- Different supercruise sound. Feels like a space scooter to me
- Greater variety of hyperjump sounds depending on location in space and FSD integrity
- Better ramming sounds
- Harder sounding impacts for large calibre wepaons such as plasmas and cannons
- Different sounds for different thruster classes
- Different sound for frag cannons, they sound like water pistols
- Different sounds for fuel scooping for different star types and seizes
- Louder and more frequent shield warnings starting at 25%

5. Bug Fixing

- Fix all sound bugs such as silent heat sinks, wrong sounds being played at wrong scenarios or missing sound effects
- Fix all netcoding bugs that prevent players from connecting
- Fix all bugs regarding engineers such as heat weapons STILL exceeding 100% heat
- Fix alot of bugs in general
- Fix those bugs you create when updating your game sooner

Last edited:
"- Improve yellow station truck visuals as well as other station and settlement visuals such as glass tubes, plants (especially in detail)
- Fix alot of bugs in general"

This sort of feedback will be invaluable i'm sure ;)

Something that concerns me is that a lot of us are a long way into the game, and if FD start pumping gameplay into, for example, military ranks etc, I hope they can do it so that those of us who have gained a high rank already (and don't wish to restart from scratch) can benefit from the new crunchy gameplay. It would, in my view, be a shame if the core gameplay additions they are talking about were really only a benefit to PS4 users, or people just starting out in the game.

If that sounded at all platform partisan, its not - but so that nobody feels cheated:

Specky, specky specky!!!

(Actually I was a CBM guy from the start but "Commie, commie, commie!!!" doesn't create the same effect.)

Is there any point, they ignore good advice or things like the DDF and go rogue with rubbish like rngineers and multi-pew; they haven't got a clue.

But not wanting to be entirely negative; start banning folk for exploits. Get some Gonads.

Last edited:
Let's make sure we don't ask for to much. We bought this and love the game because of what it is and how it plays. Let's not turn it into another game.

And example of this, is when people complains it doesn't do something like EVE. Its not eve which is why I play elite personally. I hated Eve so the last thing I want is to turn it into eve. Some people don't like the grind, its meant to be a Sim of life, so it shouldn't be to easy either. We want a Sim not an arcade gamed rememeber.

I have been playing for nearly a year, and have loved every minute of it...... I'm all for improvements and building depth to missions etc and having a dynamic back end preventing peoolle from all performing the same mission at an event.

Last edited:
No talks, just a list of issues that need attention (some points are my personal opinion/suggestion like removal of RNG) in no particular order except for content type:

1. Netcoding

- Supercruise tunnel of death
- Rubberbanding
- Extreme high latency (up to 3000ms+)
- Parallel insatnces (even though only 2 players are in one instance)
- IP gathering/farming (I wanna keep my privacy, please)
- Ghost rams
- Station not assigning docking pads
- Station assigning used docking pads
- Nav-Lock throwing you out 200km too far
- Desynch when nav-locking to wingman near station
- Combat Logging (all modes - PvP/PvE. I have seen players logging on NPCs, too)
- Menu freeze when engineering stuff
- Invisible players
- Desynched players (C can be seen by A but not by B while C can see A and B)
- Multicrew DCs
- Matchmaking errors
- Extreme long transition times in hyperspace
- Connection error in populated systems
- Players not visible in supercruise (too small distance of 100ls sometimes)
- Interdictions throwing you out in different instances
- Interdictions showing false information (example: you are winning but all out of sudden you lose)
- Instantly win/lose interdictions

2. Gameplay and Balance

- Get rid of RNGineers and make them engineers (add slides that consume set materials)
- Get rid of the idea of upgrades and make them actual modifications (example: +1 thermal resistance -0.5 kinetic and -0.5 explosive resistance)
- Add engineer commodities to be spent and stored at engineer bases for special effects
- Nerf special effects across the board. (Such as emissive, cascades, etc.)
- Give NPCs access to modifications and special effects depending on their combat rank and player's ship loadout
- Connect PowerPlay and the BGS
- Add more interaction possibilities and most importnatly, possible rewards/losses with the BGS
- Add player group support (even basic group tags would be useful)
- Allow for player-to-player trades (screw off gold digging, it's a lame excuse, any given MMO provides player trading via direct or indirect trade like auctions for example)
- Add passive credit income sources for players who don't have much time (example: investing in BGS factions/stations)
- Make factions and stations feel more different. I basically can do everything within a 20LY radius. Railguns precicely cost always the same except in LYR space, etc.
- Make superpowers more aggressive against eachother, especially in powerplay.
- Coloured bookmarks
- Planet surface bookmarks
- Rebalance ships like the Gunship or Viper/Cobra IV ships and make the mless copy-pasta
- Rebalance combat so burst damage becomes a thing again
- Add NPC wings, especially in CZs that allow for more teamwork
- Get rid of AI aimbot, their aim is godlike even at lower ranks while their pip management is stupid
- Make missions pay out more for dangerous tasks and less for haulage missions or scans (Quince, Robigo, Sothis, etc.)
- Give NPC crew escape capsules so they don't die at their Elite rank when you die to a bug or accidentially forget about your ship in SC and run out of fuel
- Make Asteorids give WAY more stones, it's stupid that we can only mine 0.01% of their actual mass
- Allow for rare rings/asteorid clusters in deep space (outside the bubble) that contain alot of valueable resources AND (engineer) materials like ruthenium or palladium
- Make drones not consume cargo space and make them reuseable
- Give SRV immunity to pebble collision damage or atleast let the frickin' shield absorb it
- Allow f or more extreme prices i ncertain locations for commodities so extreme profit runs exist (especially for rares)
- Get rid of limited rare good supply tied to CMDR account
- Allow for player created NPC and player missions and let players select NPC mission rewards (I don't need your damn untypical shield scans, gosh)
- Give AI crew more "I" in fighters. They are unable to fight near planets, stations, asteorids or any object plus they sit around doing nothing when their PP got sniped.

- As already stated above: rebalance engineers to make the mmodifications rather than upgrades and rebalance ships to make them more viable against eachother
- Make unengineered ships equally powerful to fully modded ones (so Horizons is not P2W)
- Get rid of reputation, I don't want them to have holograms of me besides their bed ... let alone imagining their collection of the CMDrs ... uuuuugh ewwww
- Stop putting engineers in permit locked locations
- Rebalance blueprints such as long range, overcharged (Multicannons), efficient, Heavy duty, etc.
- Make materials be purchaseable by credits and/or let them be tarded by players

- Allow for advanced scans or USS to be scanned by discovery scanners instead of idle-waiting for them to spawn
- Give explorers data for scanning systems (those used for engineers), especially for detailed scans
- Add a wave scanner to certain ships like the ASP Explorer
- Do not use RNG to generate POIs, make them permanent once discovered (continue to use RNG when generating them THE FIRST TIME)
- Make surface settlements datapoints give more data and let players allow to choose from a pool of data depending on the settlement type and seize and security level
- Let us enter planet orbist faster
- Add a warning for larger and heavier ships before they approach a high G planet
- Allow for different supercruise manouverbility and speed by using different FSDs
- Integrate galaxy and star map inside cockpit, do not open additional window
- Add ingame MP3 player
- Add ingame access to internet (browser) and/or Netflix
- Allow for assigning ship and module transfer destinations from any location of the bubble (at stations) so we don't have to be at the target destination to transfer stuff
- Allow player minor BGS factions to be controlled by their player group. They should be able to give out certain types of missions for example and start a war with another faction, etc.
- Let CMDR kills drop materials
- Let CMDR kills give more merits than NPC kills (if alligned to hostile PP faction)
- Set a high, permanent bounty that can be paid off for clean player kills depending on their insurance costs (example: you kill a clean player that has a 5m insurance cost and recieve a 5m credit bounty)
- Player bounties collected can only be as high as player's insurance cost (example: you kill a wanted player that has a 1m insurance cost and recieve 1 out of the 4m bounty pool, the 4m remain on the wanted player)
- Add sanctions for hostile players to BGS factions, no docking permission etc.
- Do not allow NPCs to permanetely track our location, do not allow them to see silent ships, do not give the maccess to skills and features players don't have access to. Just because they are too damn dumb doesn't mean cheats are okay to compensate for their stupidity.
- Give black holes massive gravity force and let ships blow up quickly in a dark space when being soaked into one
- Give stars WAY more heat, I usually overheat due to boosting or thermal cascade rathter than being kilometers away from a star
- Non-apple canopy, give them more health and/or add a steel plating for emergencies
- Improvements for the interdiciton minigame, limit escape vectore to ship's supercruise manouverbility
- Ramming deals WAY MORE damage, shields shouldn't be able to hold back a ram at 500m/s on a 4G planet
- Add more malfunctions for modules like shield generators or SCBs
- Allow for different boost types. For example a more continous boost or shorter boost durations, etc.

3. Visuals

- Better scrap parts from exploded ships
- Do not let ships exlode if a single C1T Pulse Laser did the final hit, instead let them float in space, deactivated like the alien victim ships. Allow for explosion if hit by burst weaponary or a ram
- Increase draw distance
- Add ingame HUD customization options
- More difference in ship cockpits of the same ship family (federal Dropships, Viper/Cobra III/IV etc.)
- Let bright stars blind you like EDFX mods allow you to do that
- Improved canopy cracks
- Improve galaxy map visuals and skybox by showing more stars in the galaxy map and let us manually select jump destinations by looking at certain stars in the skybox
- Better FSD effects (especially this blue break animation that only goes slightly behind your visual range unless you have increased your FOV manually)
- Better hyperspace visuals, get rid of 2D images. Ever looked 90° in any direction? Looks like crap.
- Better ship cockpit shake levels to improve feeling of G forces and less 90° +/- shake on/off jumping
- Correctly show ship thrust coming out of thrusters whe above the speed limit with flight assist on
- Improve render distance for planets
- Do not allow stones to float on planets
- Make stones visible from longer ranges
- Remove artificial lighting on dark side of planets, it looks stupid and makes it extremely unrealistic
- Alot of improvements to asteorid rings, make the background look the same as the actual asteorids, consider dust levels, etc.
- Less armageddon sparkling in ship cockpit when reciving tiny amounts of damage
- Improve yellow station truck visuals as well as other station and settlement visuals such as glass tubes, plants (especially in detail)
- Fix model clippings for example landing gear being larger than the landing gear shutter

4. Sound

- Greater variety of hyperjump sounds depending on location in space and FSD integrity
- Better ramming sounds

5. Bug Fixing

- Fix all sound bugs such as silent heat sinks, wrong sounds being played at wrong scenarios or missing sound effects
- Fix all bugs regarding engineers such as heat weapons STILL exceeding 100% heat
That's some god work here, nothing more nothing less, just perfect list of what ED should be. Here hoping FDev will take it to consideration and future implementation.

Make all 3 major factions have totally different kind of architecture. I.e have current space station/installation and planetary bases/poi assets for independent factions and make new assets that represent federation empire and alliance. These major factions should all have differently looking stations etc. This would go long way to make the game universe feel more realistic.

Also make federal navy and Empire navy use more their own ships instead of "ships that are for all" and if you want to use other ships then color code them to navy colors.

And of course ad back ground simulation that do more than change name of faction controlling some system. Current bgs is far away from interesting/game enchanging simulation.

1. Netcoding

And then you lost me.

"Netcoding" is a garbage word made up some time ago, and spread throughout the internet like Gospel. See here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Netcode
Now I'm not saying Elite's network model is perfect, as it clearly isn't, however... as most of the game is handled Peer-to-Peer, rather than a client/server model...

- Supercruise tunnel of death - Is more likely Your Problem (latency)
- Rubberbanding - more likely your problem, or someone in your instance.
- Extreme high latency (up to 3000ms+ - probably nothing to do with Frontier, but something between you, another player and/or Frontier.
- Parallel insatnces (even though only 2 players are in one instance) - Also known as a net-split.
- IP gathering/farming (I wanna keep my privacy, please)- The notion of Privacy online is a myth at best. Your ISP knows who you are, your Government knows who you are, and your best efforts to hide is laughable at best.
- Ghost rams - I've never had this happen. What is this?
- Station not assigning docking pads - Docking Request Denied usually means the pad you need is occupied. Wait and try again. Only problem I've ever had.
- Station assigning used docking pads - Hasn't happened to me, but doesn' mean it hasn't happened.
- Nav-Lock throwing you out 200km too far - NavLock is unlike an imaginary netcode issue, but an issue with the NavLock mechanics.
- Desynch when nav-locking to wingman near station - Don't know about this, don't usually use NavLock anyways.
- Combat Logging (all modes - PvP/PvE. I have seen players logging on NPCs, too) - Not an imaginary coding issue. This is a people issue. You'll have to fix the human race instead. Not Frontier's problem.
- Menu freeze when engineering stuff - Haven't seen this in quite a long time.
- Invisible players - Sounds like net-split, as above. This can just as easily be an ISP or routing issue as an issue with Frontier's matchmaking.
- Desynched players (C can be seen by A but not by B while C can see A and B) - See above.
- Multicrew DC - No arguments here. Multi-pew has had its share of issues since implementation.
- Matchmaking errors - May or may not be a Frontier issue.
- Extreme long transition times in hyperspace - have not had one of these in months.
- Connection error in populated systems - have not had one of these in months.
- Players not visible in supercruise (too small distance of 100ls sometimes) - Haven't experienced, suspect this is an Open only problem.
- Interdictions throwing you out in different instances - Never experienced.
- Interdictions showing false information (example: you are winning but all out of sudden you lose) - Haven't had this since before 2.2
- Instantly win/lose interdictions - Haven't had this since before 2.2

2. Gameplay and Balance

- Get rid of RNGineers and make them engineers (add slides that consume set materials) - I have a whole suggestion post about how to improve this.
- Get rid of the idea of upgrades and make them actual modifications (example: +1 thermal resistance -0.5 kinetic and -0.5 explosive resistance)- I have a whole suggestion post about how to improve this.
- Add engineer commodities to be spent and stored at engineer bases for special effects- I have a whole suggestion post about how to improve this.
- Nerf special effects across the board. (Such as emissive, cascades, etc.) - No. Nerf nerfs and fix real problems instead.
- Give NPCs access to modifications and special effects depending on their combat rank and player's ship loadout - Pretty sure this happens already to some degree.
- Connect PowerPlay and the BGS - Powerplay and BGS are candidates for a major overhaul.
- Add more interaction possibilities and most importnatly, possible rewards/losses with the BGS- Powerplay and BGS are candidates for a major overhaul.
- Add player group support (even basic group tags would be useful) - Killing me here.. i'm not totally opposed, but this isn't EVE and must never be turned into it.
- Allow for player-to-player trades (screw off gold digging, it's a lame excuse, any given MMO provides player trading via direct or indirect trade like auctions for example) - Absolutely NEVER.
- Add passive credit income sources for players who don't have much time (example: investing in BGS factions/stations) - Powerplay has a weekly stipend.
- Make factions and stations feel more different. I basically can do everything within a 20LY radius. Railguns precicely cost always the same except in LYR space, etc. - Not opposed to some variety.
- Make superpowers more aggressive against eachother, especially in powerplay.- Powerplay and BGS are candidates for a major overhaul.
- Coloured bookmarks - Colored? Maybe. Better notations, for sure. There's quite a bit of work that could be done here.
- Planet surface bookmarks - Possibly.
- Rebalance ships like the Gunship or Viper/Cobra IV ships and make the mless copy-pasta - these are very different ships already.
- Rebalance combat so burst damage becomes a thing again - Eh?
- Add NPC wings, especially in CZs that allow for more teamwork - NPCs do fly in wings already
- Get rid of AI aimbot, their aim is godlike even at lower ranks while their pip management is stupid - Short of replacing all NPC's with human players, you're asking too much from a simple AI.
- Make missions pay out more for dangerous tasks and less for haulage missions or scans (Quince, Robigo, Sothis, etc.) - Or leave mission payouts alone and give us more mission variety instead.
- Give NPC crew escape capsules so they don't die at their Elite rank when you die to a bug or accidentially forget about your ship in SC and run out of fuel - This I completely support, but for different reasons.
- Make Asteorids give WAY more stones, it's stupid that we can only mine 0.01% of their actual mass - can't argue this.
- Allow for rare rings/asteorid clusters in deep space (outside the bubble) that contain alot of valueable resources AND (engineer) materials like ruthenium or palladium - Seems reasonable enough.
- Make drones not consume cargo space and make them reuseable - I'd say treat them like fighters - 3d print them as you need them.
- Give SRV immunity to pebble collision damage or atleast let the frickin' shield absorb it - If the SRV were any tougher, I would say rename if from "Scarab" to "Chuck Norris".
- Allow f or more extreme prices i ncertain locations for commodities so extreme profit runs exist (especially for rares) - Maybe? Maybe cyclic to create a sense of changing demand?
- Get rid of limited rare good supply tied to CMDR account - No.
- Allow for player created NPC and player missions and let players select NPC mission rewards (I don't need your damn untypical shield scans, gosh) - No. No "I'll make a 100,000,000,000,000 credit mission to jump to the next station over.
- Give AI crew more "I" in fighters. They are unable to fight near planets, stations, asteorids or any object plus they sit around doing nothing when their PP got sniped. - What do you do when your PP gets sniped. Please don't answer that!

- As already stated above: rebalance engineers to make the mmodifications rather than upgrades and rebalance ships to make them more viable against eachother - See above.
- Make unengineered ships equally powerful to fully modded ones (so Horizons is not P2W) - No. Buy Horizons instead. It's good for you and good for Frontier.
- Get rid of reputation, I don't want them to have holograms of me besides their bed ... let alone imagining their collection of the CMDrs ... uuuuugh ewwww - Stop imagining such things.
- Stop putting engineers in permit locked locations - Unlocking a system isn't that big a deal, as long as the mission system is working correctly.
- Rebalance blueprints such as long range, overcharged (Multicannons), efficient, Heavy duty, etc. - They seem pretty balanced already. Leave combat alone until at least season 5.
- Make materials be purchaseable by credits and/or let them be tarded by players - No.

- Allow for advanced scans or USS to be scanned by discovery scanners instead of idle-waiting for them to spawn - Maybe?
- Give explorers data for scanning systems (those used for engineers), especially for detailed scans - Exploration needs a lot of love.
- Add a wave scanner to certain ships like the ASP Explorer - Only if it comes with a purpose, unlike the Data Link Scanner.
- Do not use RNG to generate POIs, make them permanent once discovered (continue to use RNG when generating them THE FIRST TIME) - Very likely not possible without a rewrite of the entire engine. Not worth it.
- Make surface settlements datapoints give more data and let players allow to choose from a pool of data depending on the settlement type and seize and security level - Gotta say no here.
- Let us enter planet orbist faster - What if I want to enter slower - perhaps for dramatic effect while filming, or to annoy an NPC?
- Add a warning for larger and heavier ships before they approach a high G planet - Or pay attention to the Gravity indicator on your screen, in front of you.
- Allow for different supercruise manouverbility and speed by using different FSDs - Maybe?
- Integrate galaxy and star map inside cockpit, do not open additional window - No. This would be terrible.
- Add ingame MP3 player - Why? WinAmp works just fine.
- Add ingame access to internet (browser) and/or Netflix - No, fly your ship and pay attention, then you won't run out of fuel in SC and kill your Elite crew.
- Allow for assigning ship and module transfer destinations from any location of the bubble (at stations) so we don't have to be at the target destination to transfer stuff - I do like "Ship it here, I'll pick it up when I get there, but only if you've already been "there" at least once.
- Allow player minor BGS factions to be controlled by their player group. They should be able to give out certain types of missions for example and start a war with another faction, etc - [explative deleted] No!
- Let CMDR kills drop materials - [explative deleted] No!
- Let CMDR kills give more merits than NPC kills (if alligned to hostile PP faction) - Powerplay is in need of a major overhaul.
- Set a high, permanent bounty that can be paid off for clean player kills depending on their insurance costs (example: you kill a clean player that has a 5m insurance cost and recieve a 5m credit bounty) - C&P needs massive overhaul.
- Player bounties collected can only be as high as player's insurance cost (example: you kill a wanted player that has a 1m insurance cost and recieve 1 out of the 4m bounty pool, the 4m remain on the wanted player)​- C&P needs massive overhaul.
- Add sanctions for hostile players to BGS factions, no docking permission etc.- Powerplay and BGS are candidates for a major overhaul.
- Do not allow NPCs to permanetely track our location, do not allow them to see silent ships, do not give the maccess to skills and features players don't have access to. Just because they are too damn dumb doesn't mean cheats are okay to compensate for their stupidity. - Again, you're asking too much of a simple AI.
- Give black holes massive gravity force and let ships blow up quickly in a dark space when being soaked into one - Agreed, if someone wants to get that close, let them.
- Give stars WAY more heat, I usually overheat due to boosting or thermal cascade rathter than being kilometers away from a star - Stars are hot enough, thanks.
- Non-apple canopy, give them more health and/or add a steel plating for emergencies - Upgrade your Life Support for better Canopy?
- Improvements for the interdiciton minigame, limit escape vectore to ship's supercruise manouverbility - Do you suck at evading interdiction?
- Ramming deals WAY MORE damage, shields shouldn't be able to hold back a ram at 500m/s on a 4G planet - Being near a ship explosion should also take out near-by ships, or deal massive damage as well.
- Add more malfunctions for modules like shield generators or SCBs - All that tasty salt... I agree.
- Allow for different boost types. For example a more continous boost or shorter boost durations, etc. - I could get on board with this.

3. Visuals

- Better scrap parts from exploded ships - This has little to with visuals, I think.
- Increase draw distance
- Add ingame HUD customization options - I like this.
- Let bright stars blind you like EDFX mods allow you to do that - I don't use any of these, doesn't seem necessary.
- Improved canopy cracks
- Improve render distance for planets - See stones below.
- Do not allow stones to float on planets - or make them collectible. A floating stone would be valuable.
- Make stones visible from longer ranges - Yes.

4. Sound

- Better ramming sounds

5. Bug Fixing

I don't have many issues with the audio-visual side of things. Improvements are always welcome.
All bugs should be fixed, but I know this is not a magical process.
The rest, I itemized.

OPTIMIZE the Cobra Engine!

So tired of it failing to deliver frames after dropping into a station or coming out of GLIDE at a planetary base. The end result is very annoying stutter/judder, even when running a high performing 1080ti overclocked with a 2070mhz boost clock!

No excuse to be seeing any frame drops with high end hardware like this.

but.......................just where is FD? no word but ambiguous tones of 2.4. Rats to 2.4. sort out 2.3.

'Fix' - 'Build' - 'Grow'

in that order.

Combat Zones not spawning when they should, requiring a log out / in to get them to spawn as they should. To me that is so basic to the operation of the game it should work right every time!

[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR]And then you lost me.

"Netcoding" is a garbage word made up some time ago, and spread throughout the internet like Gospel. See here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Netcode
Now I'm not saying Elite's network model is perfect, as it clearly isn't, however... as most of the game is handled Peer-to-Peer, rather than a client/server model...

I don't have many issues with the audio-visual side of things. Improvements are always welcome.
All bugs should be fixed, but I know this is not a magical process.
The rest, I itemized.

I just gonna ignore the netcoding comments as you apparently don't play open and hence you don't experience it as you don't play open ... and with that said I furthermore exclude any multiplayer related comments such as player-to-player trade or CMDR kill dropping materials as these comments are of no value. Then I gonna skip the "overhaul needed" comments as they lack in accurate content but somewhat say "common issue, somewhat agree".
Additionally, "better life support for improved canopy" ..?...??...?!??? Have I missed anything or is "Life Support" called "Canopy" today? These are two seperate modules, you can even select and repair them seperately!
Following on that, I personally never ran out of fue land killed my crew because of that .. just saying it's possible and an inconvinience.
For the interdiction minigame: It's FAR easier to win interdictions against NPCs, I bet it's impossible to lose even if you'd turn 180° and fly backwards. Against palyers, however, this is a different thing and as soon as the escape vector decides to turn faster than your ship can manouver in supercruise, you have lost as the interdictor doesn't experience these kind of tight turns as the targetted ship can not turn faster than it can actually turn ...
With that in mind, no, I am actually extremely skilled in the interdiction minigame if I say so myself.
I am fine without a gravity warning ... it's a QoL improvement, tho.
Lastly I like the idea of 3d printed limpets. Oh and the scrap parts is for visuals. You know this stuff that floats in space when you blow some ship up? This is scrap and it looks insanely terrible. No matter the paintjob, any part instantly gets burnt and looks very much the same and basically only consists of metal but I guess ships are made out of more than just that. Let some sparkling wries attached to it or some smaller parts like unused ammonition or even some cargo canisters.

Also, what on earth is WinAMP? I don't need another useless software on my PC. I either use Spotify or Youtube ... mainly YouTube becuase it hasn't got as much stupid advertising as Spotify does. Hence an MP3 player for local files would be useful.

Oh! And get rid of commodity rewards for missions! The Engineers no longer require them, so at this point they are just a nuisance that fills up your cargo hold, or requires you to carry a cargo module even when doing passenger missions. Otherwise the missions can not be turned in. (insufficient cargo capacity)

Last edited:
Oh! And get rid of commodity rewards for missions! The Engineers no longer require them, so at this point they are just a nuisance that fills up your cargo hold, or requires you to carry a cargo module even when doing passenger
missions. Otherwise the missions can not be turned in. (insufficient cargo capacity)

Well there are suggestions for using them (spending them for special effects rather than engineer reputation levels) so may be useful in the future soonTM.

This is the second "what this game needs or what should change" thread posted here within ten minutes this morning.

I would like to read responses from the developers on these points.

People are entitled to an opinion but, and this is an assumption, no one in either of these threads (so far) actually works for FD as coder, programmer, designer etc.

This is the second "what this game needs or what should change" thread posted here within ten minutes this morning.

I would like to read responses from the developers on these points.

People are entitled to an opinion but, and this is an assumption, no one in either of these threads (so far) actually works for FD as coder, programmer, designer etc.

So what?

We play the game. Tons more hours per day than anyone at FD does. Who better to suggest areas that need the most improvement?

You must be new around here.

Can the docking computer also take us out of stations soon? Please? I am lazy and it would be a good opportunity to roll a cigarette (Can't believe that the British slang term is blocked), just like docking is.

Last edited:
Top Bottom