many, many hours played... Noob-moment

anyone else with loads of hours in the game having Noob-moments? Here's mine...

On 3 occasions I blamed & kicked crew for launching shield cells and setting silent running before realising I bound the 'C' key to cells and 'H' to silent running.
should make sure the messenger window is up before saying "hi cmdr" whilst fighting in a combat zone.

I am "The Noob" with newly assigned keys to important functions which were previously set for Voice Attack usage. They are now left-control+left-shift+C and H.

On a slightly different note concerning Voice Attack, does anyone else's, not know the difference between sober voice and drunk voice?

I think most people will have a story like this. It was only quite recently I realised the SRV makes a noise when it is lined up in the correct position to transfer cargo. Until then I had been driving slowly backward and forwards looking at my knees :)

Last edited:
I still get times when I overshoot the landing pad, reverse overshoot the landing pad ......... overshoot the landing pad. Just in case , yes, I have FA on! It is like brain suddenly forgets.

Simon

Yes but too many to list.
Oh! all right just one. Forgetting to retract my landing gear and wondering why I am going so slowly and can't jump.

anyone else with loads of hours in the game having Noob-moments? Here's mine...

On 3 occasions I blamed & kicked crew for launching shield cells and setting silent running before realising I bound the 'C' key to cells and 'H' to silent running.
should make sure the messenger window is up before saying "hi cmdr" whilst fighting in a combat zone.

I am "The Noob" with newly assigned keys to important functions which were previously set for Voice Attack usage. They are now left-control+left-shift+C and H.

On a slightly different note concerning Voice Attack, does anyone else's, not know the difference between sober voice and drunk voice?

I have noob moments all the time. :)

I constantly forget to check the gravity when landing on planet ports and end up smashing into the ground when it's not 0.1G like the last but a 1G+ and my boost ain't lifting me no more!!

10k out in the black, another long exploration trip, think I may as well use my AFMU as some modules are now 99%. Start on thrusters, immediately drop out of SC with 8%+ damage to everything, including hull & power-plan (which cannot be fixed in space).

One day I will remember - Thrusters => SC, FSD => jumps, but not today :(

I think most people will have a story like this. It was only quite recently I realised the SRV makes a noise when it is lined up in the correct position to transfer cargo. Until then I had been driving slowly backward and forwards looking at my knees :)

Why are you looking at your knees? There's a light on the dash/hud that comes on when you are aligned.

Last edited:
Ive been playing for over a year and a half.
I have done, and will probably continue to do, everything listed in this thread...

At over a year and a half played, I still;

•Do the loop of shame half the time
•Forget Limpets.
•Fail to check local gravity, multiple times, usually resulting in either death by ground, or death by surface port for flattening one of their Sentrys.
•Forget Crew (New for 2017!)
•Take my Anaconda to outpost CGs near Maia.
•Took an unarmed iCourier farming for hauler materials.
•Used said unarmed iCourier to ram haulers. After a very prompt visit to the rebuy screen, I fitted weapons.

And many many more.

CMDR Cosmic Spacehead

I docked at a station once with a VIP Passenger Mission that paid 12 Million CR. I got distracted by THIS forum and failed the mission when it ran out of time! I had been sitting there for almost an hour! All I needed to do was turn in the mission before the clock ran out. ;)

Last edited:
I still overshoot in supercruise once in a while. I fly "manually" all the time and am usually pretty good at it, but sometimes just space off on approach.

just had my noob moment(s) today while fighting in an adder against Archon Fury's sidewinder.

1. forgot to turn of "report crimes" when i wanted to fight fair&square
2. after my shields went down, i tried silent running, not realising that he was shooting emissive bursts at me
3. after my heat didn't go down i realised that SR was still on when my heat reached 400%
4. noobs luck - he had to leave with 1% hull left due to police and a collision with my hull.

There's a what!?

I'm assuming:
VPC1RdP.png

... the board ship indicator - goes blue when in position

Last edited:
Top Bottom