Alien archeology and other mysteries: Thread 10 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Palin Mission

First reported by ReaperSpace (here)

"Got a mission from Palin when i docked with my python to Obsidian Orbital in Maia...

its a fetch mission asking 4 units of unkown tech samples (where do i even get that?) "

8bY7ijH.png

7sTiyHn.png

• You will ideally have Corrosion Resistant Cargo Racks (CRCR) - as many as you can fit (need to confirm if Tech Samples are corrosive). You can get them from Professor Palin if you have him unlocked as he is in Maia.
  • You will need a UA or UP or UL to open the site. You only need one!. Note that these are corrosive and will damage your ship!
  • Find a UP: You need an ammonia world from particular locations - here - look for Degraded Emission [Threat 2] USS around it. Get to the distance in the 5th column, go to speed between 210 & 350 km/s (see this post) and wait (maintaining distance approximately) - will probably take at least 30 mins to spawn (other similar methods here, here and here). There has been speculation that wide angle scanners help. But probably not.
  • Find a UA: Easiest to find at the alien crash sites (which are not the same as the wreck sites! - search FP (you are on it :)) for 'Alien Wreck' or go to HIP 17403 Planet A 4 A Coord: -34.96 / -141.37. Alien Wreck markers are bugged so don't bother trying to follow them to the wreck.
  • Unknown Links (UL) are available only inside the place you are heading, so if you haven't got one already you need a UA or UP
  • There may be more up-to-date locations for US / UP on the front page of the threadnaught
  • You can find Unknown Tech Samples at the Active Unknown Structure (US) Thargoid sites around Merope - see https://map.canonn.technology/us/ - you need an ACTIVE site!
  • Land near the centre, put the UA or UP (or UL) in the SRV and head inside (the object opens the doors. If the door doesn't open you are eithe rin the wrong place on the site or you are not at an active site).
  • You should see Unknown Tech which you can take back to your ship (IS IT CORROSIVE?). Remember you need to seem the UA / UP with you or the doors will not open.

Last edited:
I got a mission to unlock an Engineer called Colonol Burnett which failed due to being to slow.

I don't remember seeing the mission appear so I didn't do it.

It may be a glitch for a future engineer.

Here is the screen shot

https://1drv.ms/i/s!ApGE9TJaJClahEF2dGylv-7Shtm0

I recently unlocked a lot of permit locked systems so it may be related to that so I am going to retrace my steps

Ive worked it out, Burnett is the guy from Party of Yoru which is Zachary Nemo engineer.

PSA: don't forget to subscribe to the new thread (if you follow threads by mashing the settings button like me), or you'll think things have gone veeeery quiet :)

Might it be worth having a recap on things that are still to be answered?

- What are Wreaken doing in COL70? Is it just corruption based mining/exploitation rites?
- What heroic, important work are the Alliance doing in the California Nebula?
- Who are the organisation Rebecca/Salome worked to expose and are the major powers involved?
- Are the Flower Ships related to Barnacles? (I guess this is a yes now) UAs? UPs?
- What is important about Merope 5C?
- Who did Halsey and Jaques think they were contacted by during their respective mis-jumps?
- Who murdered the ex-Federal vice president and the reporter working on the Antares disaster and why?
- What happened to the Exodus documents Raan Corson stole when Sirius murdered Femi Dakarai to gain control of the company and it's research?
- Where is Raan Corson now, and what is he doing?
- Where is Luko now, and what is he doing?
- What were SAP8 Core Containers for?
- When will people stop pronouncing Mahon, Ma-Hon and start pronouncing it Maahn?
- What is the full meaning of the UP spectrogram?
- Why are the UPs transmitting data about Ammonia planets to COL 70 SECTOR FY-N C21-3?

Any others?

Last edited:
Well my current understanding from following everything is...

* Who are the organisation Rebecca/Salome worked to expose and are the major powers involved? Is that not rumoured to be INRA?
* Are the Flower Ships related to Barnacles? (I guess this is a yes now) UAs? UPs? Yes yes and yes :D

The spectrogram is still hotly debated - some say it was solved by the mere fact it was found. Others believe it had some link to finding ammonia planets. Still others believe that it's true purpose hasn't been found yet.

I'm looking at it now. On my mug.

Last edited:
* Are the Flower Ships related to Barnacles? (I guess this is a yes now) UAs? UPs? Yes yes and yes :D

Not necessarily they could be stealing the stuff the barnacles are extracting the same way we do (ok a lot more efficiently). Although I think this is unlikely.

Not necessarily they could be stealing the stuff the barnacles are extracting the same way we do (ok a lot more efficiently). Although I think this is unlikely.

That's still a relationship.

Unless of course we're talking biologically. That's..slightly more disturbing :eek:

Hey canonn guys, how about yall move your new fancy megaship to the system this encounter first happened and get us some info on what's going on? Also can we get a post detailing some facts, sites, etc of known / proven events, any time durations (rumors are 8 hours apart), etc etc? New thread is nice and all but we really need some new info now. And don't pull an Ash or David synthetic quote of "Mother is ... collating" or something. Give us some facts!

Just wanted to put this out there...
The design on the barnacles (I went there to see the UFO - no joy), instantly made me think of the Orion Nebula, I know it's a huge area of space but isn't there an area fairly close to it that's blocked by the pilots federation?
Also, when I scan the barnacles (Witch head nebula) I get an empty message, is this normal?
Cheers.

Hey canonn guys, how about yall move your new fancy megaship to the system this encounter first happened and get us some info on what's going on? Also can we get a post detailing some facts, sites, etc of known / proven events, any time durations (rumors are 8 hours apart), etc etc? New thread is nice and all but we really need some new info now. And don't pull an Ash or David synthetic quote of "Mother is ... collating" or something. Give us some facts!

I'm pretty sure as soon as Canonn have something concrete to share they will do...

Might it be worth having a recap on things that are still to be answered?

- What are Wreaken doing in COL70? Is it just corruption based mining/exploitation rites?
- What heroic, important work are the Alliance doing in the California Nebula?
- Who are the organisation Rebecca/Salome worked to expose and are the major powers involved?
- Are the Flower Ships related to Barnacles? (I guess this is a yes now) UAs? UPs?
- What is important about Merope 5C?
- Who did Halsey and Jaques think they were contacted by during their respective mis-jumps?
- Who murdered the ex-Federal vice president and the reporter working on the Antares disaster and why?
- What happened to the Exodus documents Raan Corson stole when Sirius murdered Femi Dakarai to gain control of the company and it's research?
- Where is Raan Corson now, and what is he doing?
- Where is Luko now, and what is he doing?
- What were SAP8 Core Containers for?
- When will people stop pronouncing Mahon, Ma-Hon and start pronouncing it Maahn?
- What is the full meaning of the UP spectrogram?
- Why are the UPs transmitting data about Ammonia planets to COL 70 SECTOR FY-N C21-3?

Any others?

lol not a bad idea.

Just wanted to put this out there...
The design on the barnacles (I went there to see the UFO - no joy), instantly made me think of the Orion Nebula, I know it's a huge area of space but isn't there an area fairly close to it that's blocked by the pilots federation?
Also, when I scan the barnacles (Witch head nebula) I get an empty message, is this normal?
Cheers.
The Orion Nebula's one of the unlocked regions within the Col 70 sphere/bubble, so it's probably Col 70 that you're thinking of when you're talking about the locked region nearby. The Col 70 sphere/bubble is about 1,000 ly in diameter though, so although some of it is close, some of it's also pretty distant. There's also Horsehead Dark which is locked, relatively small, and fairly near to the Orion Nebula.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom