Star Citizen Thread v6

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Thanks that worked!

That's the one! :D The best replies are showing as *deleted* though :(

Wow so they are taking out big loans now? Selling IOU jpegs to hopelessly optimistic nerds isn't enough to keep the show on the road? I wonder how many more years without a tangible product it will take till the penny finally drops? .............

Hmm rapidly censored it seems.

Yeah, One of them (if I remember correctly) was saying that this means that CIG can't get any more loans, as all their assets are now promised to Coutts & Co if they default on payments - you can't promise the same security to another bank if someone else has a prior claim.

It does look like a bit of a desperate move by CIG and not at all normal business practice.

Yeah, One of them (if I remember correctly) was saying that this means that CIG can't get any more loans, as all their assets are now promised to Coutts & Co if they default on payments - you can't promise the same security to another bank if someone else has a prior claim.

It does look like a bit of a desperate move by CIG and not at all normal business practice.

It does look desperate, but it's not necessarily bad as long as they don't default on the loan. I guess that all depends on how much the loan was for.

It does look desperate, but it's not necessarily bad as long as they don't default on the loan. I guess that all depends on how much the loan was for.

Pure speculation here - but I doubt they would put up all their assets (all physical and intellectual rights) as collateral for a measly couple of million $ .

There's also a fair bit of discussion on the reddit page: https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/6j828y/cig_recently_took_out_a_loan_from_coutts_co_in/

Not sure if I'm allowed to link to reddit stuff on this forum? If so - mods I'm sorry won't do it again.

The amount of crazy (unicorns and rainbows) spin in some of the posts in that thread is just amazing!

CIG have to put up EVERYTHING that backers have paid for as collateral for a loan (after raising $152m) and this is a GOOD thing.

Anyone who has doubts about this project and does not go for a refund right now, before it's too late, have only themselves to blame.

*edit*

Just re-reading this and I've just realised that I sound a bit like our friend Derek when I'm a bit drunk :)

Last edited:
I might be a bit clueless when it comes to loans but the way I understand it you get a certain amount of cash and have to pay back that amount PLUS a certain interest by a certain date. That means by getting a loan CiG is now on a schedule and the bank certainly wont take "soon" or "next week" for an answer like all the poor suckers have these past years :) So now that theres someone with power in the game who can shut down the whole game we are officially in the endgame folks, sit tight :D

I don't suppose there's been any word on whether the avocados have got their hands on 3.0 yet? I've not been following too closely but I'd be interesting in knowing whether anyone has managed to haul any cargo and whether it was a fun experience.

I don't suppose there's been any word on whether the avocados have got their hands on 3.0 yet? I've not been following too closely but I'd be interesting in knowing whether anyone has managed to haul any cargo and whether it was a fun experience.

Are they not under NDA anyway? So even if they got their hands on it we wouldnt hear about it until the whole thing goes live?

From Reddit: Star Citizen 3.0 Progress Watch (updated every Sat am)

TL;DR: Evocati 3.0 was delayed again. They will start testing on a day sometime from 7th to 20th July (a two week Evocati-launch window), assuming more delays don't happen.

Wow so they are taking out big loans now? Selling IOU jpegs to hopelessly optimistic nerds isn't enough to keep the show on the road? I wonder how many more years without a tangible product it will take till the penny finally drops? .............

They just probed the fan base, and they liked it :D

The amount of crazy (unicorns and rainbows) spin in some of the posts in that thread is just amazing!

CIG have to put up EVERYTHING that backers have paid for as collateral for a loan (after raising $152m) and this is a GOOD thing.

Anyone who has doubts about this project and does not go for a refund right now, before it's too late, have only themselves to blame.

*edit*

Just re-reading this and I've just realised that I sound a bit like our friend Derek when I'm a bit drunk :)

Don't worry, we all sound like Derek when we are drunk :D

Last edited:
I might be a bit clueless when it comes to loans but the way I understand it you get a certain amount of cash and have to pay back that amount PLUS a certain interest by a certain date. That means by getting a loan CiG is now on a schedule and the bank certainly wont take "soon" or "next week" for an answer like all the poor suckers have these past years :) So now that theres someone with power in the game who can shut down the whole game we are officially in the endgame folks, sit tight :D

Since everyone has already paid for the game I'm guessing it's not the release they are expecting to make money on. CIG is a crowd funding company, until something can regulate them. The bank is likely lending them cash to be repaid after the usual seasonal round of taking money from fans.

Actually releasing a final product wouldn't seem like a good way to make money.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom