News Elite Dangerous PlayStation 4 Set For Launch!

Great news Commanders,

We’re excited to tell you that you’ll be able to play Elite Dangerous on your PlayStation 4 from midnight tonight in your region. If you have pre-ordered the game, or you buy the game now, you’ll be able to download the Day One patches and play as soon as midnight ticks over in the region you’re playing in.

For some players, such as those in Australia and New Zealand, it’s already past midnight, so you should be able to play right away!

We can’t wait to see you in the black (that's how we say "see you in space," should any new Commanders be confused by this!)

[video=youtube;rdqSuV1WiZ0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdqSuV1WiZ0[/video]

If you have any concerns and issues accessing the game, please don't hesitate to get in touch with our awesome Support Team who will be happy to assist you right here. https://support.frontier.co.uk/kb/

stormyuk

Volunteer Moderator
Disk uses are in, and in the full game, not just tutorials. Damn them! :(

I am locked out for 3hrs, the torture.

Last edited:
PS4 legion, hand SALUTE!

o7

Thank you for the great welcome and all the hours of work to make this possible. We're proud to be the newest alien race in this galactic world. Here's to peace, prosperity and unity.

Let's. Do. This.

If you have pre-ordered the game, or you buy the game now, you’ll be able to download the Day One patches and play as soon as midnight ticks over in the region you’re playing in.

For some players, such as those in Australia and New Zealand, it’s already past midnight, so you should be able to play right away!

Quick, everyone run fast as you can toward the west. We need to speed up the earth's rotation!

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
Awesome news, great job Frontier. Also a massive, round of applause to the team responsible for that trailer, it's brilliant!

Patch notes for 1.01 and 1.02 please? ;)

I don't know Stormy they give you what you want and you still want more :p

stormyuk

Volunteer Moderator
Awesome news, great job Frontier. Also a massive, round of applause to the team responsible for that trailer, it's brilliant!

I don't know Stormy they give you what you want and you still want more :p

I want "everything" :D

But yes, great job Frontier. :)

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

Just got the game on PS4, ran the training missions and went out in open play for the first time last night. Absolutely loving the game. what should I be doing first to earn money?

Thanks commanders

Hi everyone,

Just got the game on PS4, ran the training missions and went out in open play for the first time last night. Absolutely loving the game. what should I be doing first to earn money?

Thanks commanders

The real question is what would you "like" to do first? (I don't like the idea of "should" in this game ... blaze your own trail dude!).

A couple of suggestions ...

- pick up Missions from the mission board

- trade "rare" goods around the galaxy (these increase in value the further you take them), here's a nice map of the more common "routes"

- contribute to the Community Goals (CG's pay a reward to anyone in the top 100% who's made any contribution, no matter how small - these can sometimes reward new players handsomely)

- do a spot of bounty hunting (new player hint: drop into nav beacons or non-hazardous RES sites, head towards laser fire, scan the ships involved, work out which one is the criminal (WANTED), wait for cops to get his shields down, then join in and claim the killing blow).

Top Bottom