The Blockade of Procyon

This is funny. I do indeed feel like that guy in this thread.

All Im asking is to cause a little bit of a stir in a system unrelated to BGS, and everyone flips their gaskets about needing Sirius Permits. >_< I get that actions in and around THAT system will affect the system, but not the faction as a whole. There is really a bunch of other systems you can farm rep in that Im not asking to mess with. Im even getting down voted on reddit for suggesting this. Its non-sense really.

https://eddb.io/faction/6707 Seriously, look at all these systems you could go to, to farm rep. >_>

Welcome to Elite:hostile.

People want someone to hate, so that the hate's not directed at them. It will blow over and they will be back to hating someone else (probably me :p)

Best not to worry what the 'group' thinks of you if what they think is not in your interests... Be happy with the few that like what you like.

Game needs bad guys, people 'stirring it up' (maybe not UA bombing, for reason i said), and best way to do it is... in the form of a kitten (lol the video, and my ship i use to upset systems is call the kitten Krusher :p)

More Terrorist acts by self proclaimed good guys based on assertions that they know the people they terrorize and murder are the bad guys without ever presenting any evidence

More Terrorist acts by self proclaimed good guys based on assertions that they know the people they terrorize and murder are the bad guys without ever presenting any evidence

Uhh withholding information on Project Exodus, attempting to silence Raan Corsen, aggressively defending secretive construction facilities (via Wreaken), then moving said facilities to Col 70 Sector where at least one person has died, the cause of which was also covered up, and many more. If you think Sirius Corp has a clean slate you are woefully ignorant!

Uhh withholding information on Project Exodus, attempting to silence Raan Corsen, aggressively defending secretive construction facilities (via Wreaken), then moving said facilities to Col 70 Sector where at least one person has died, the cause of which was also covered up, and many more. If you think Sirius Corp has a clean slate you are woefully ignorant!

Could you provide evidence for those accusations?

I'm especially interested on hard facts about any involvement of Sirius in the Dynasty project. Thanks.

Could you provide evidence for those accusations?

I'm especially interested on hard facts about any involvement of Sirius in the Dynasty project. Thanks.

A snippet from galnet Nov 19th of last year regarding the audit of Meta-Drive:
"...One such item is the Imperial Eagle of the company's late chairman Femi Dakarai, which was owned by MetaDrive. In a strange turn of events, the ship was stolen by former MetaDrive employee Raan Corsen, who disappeared shortly after the audit began.

A number of files relating to Dakarai's affairs are also believed to be missing. A junior member of the audit team reported that a series of so-called 'exodus documents' could not be located. The employee was unceremoniously removed from the audit team shortly afterwards..."

The audit took place after MetaDrive was acquired by Sirius. Raan took off with Dakarai's i-Eagle and the Exodus documents and according to him Sirius was hot on his tail to silence him. There are no "hard facts" as the story is delivered to us mostly second hand. But the pieces can be fit together by taking info from Galnet, tourist beacons (in regards to the Wreaken-Sirius connection in particular), and the first contact incident with Raan Corsen. Most of this stuff can be found and pieced together from the frank-heinrich galnet collection (ctrl-f) and google. Unless Sirius is a red herring, they weren't made a 1000 year old mega-corporation for no reason.

Last edited:
"...One such item is the Imperial Eagle of the company's late chairman Femi Dakarai, which was owned by MetaDrive. In a strange turn of events, the ship was stolen by former MetaDrive employee Raan Corsen, who disappeared shortly after the audit began.

A number of files relating to Dakarai's affairs are also believed to be missing. A junior member of the audit team reported that a series of so-called 'exodus documents' could not be located. The employee was unceremoniously removed from the audit team shortly afterwards..."

The audit took place after MetaDrive was acquired by Sirius. Raan took off with Dakarai's i-Eagle and the Exodus documents and according to him Sirius was hot on his tail to silence him. There are no "hard facts" as the story is delivered to us mostly second hand. But the pieces can be fit together by taking info from Galnet, tourist beacons (in regards to the Wreaken-Sirius connection in particular), and the first contact incident with Raan Corsen. Most of this stuff can be found and pieced together from the frank-heinrich galnet collection (ctrl-f) and google. Unless Sirius is a red herring, they weren't made a 1000 year old mega-corporation for no reason.

That's a lot of fuss about the cover-up of a few dozen deaths thirty years ago.

"…

Meta-Drive was involved - but Sirius? I don't think that this episode is an indication of an involvement of Sirius in the Dynasty project - other than trying to keep the information away from the public.

To bad that R. Corsen wasn't caught and interrogated.

That's a lot of fuss about the cover-up of a few dozen deaths thirty years ago.

Well it's not so much the deaths but the bigger implications. Who knew about the aliens and had the means to set up such an operation, how did they know, and what does this mean for us now that the aliens are here?

Meta-Drive was involved - but Sirius? I don't think that this episode is an indication of an involvement of Sirius in the Dynasty project - other than trying to keep the information away from the public.

To bad that R. Corsen wasn't caught and interrogated.

Meta drive essentially didn't exist until Sirius said "we are interested in acquiring meta drive." As far as I'm concerned MetaDrive IS Sirius

…Meta drive essentially didn't exist until Sirius said "we are interested in acquiring meta drive." As far as I'm concerned MetaDrive IS Sirius

That's an assumption without any evidence to support it.

Meta-Drive existed. Sirius wanted to take it over (for whatever reason). There is no evidence that Sirius knew what Meta-Drive was involved in before the acquisition.

R. Corsen might have known it. For some reason he now is seen as the good guy - why?
He worked for a corporation that apparently had a connection to the Dynasty project. He never disclosed any information about Meta-Drive or the Dynasty project.

Meta-Drive existed. Sirius wanted to take it over (for whatever reason). There is no evidence that Sirius knew what Meta-Drive was involved in before the acquisition.

R. Corsen might have known it. For some reason he now is seen as the good guy - why?
He worked for a corporation that apparently had a connection to the Dynasty project. He never disclosed any information about Meta-Drive or the Dynasty project.

Sure that bit is just speculation on my part. BUT just considering all the elements at play, a finger can easily be pointed at Sirius Corp. Consider a few points (peppered with some speculation, wrapped in tinfoil, (once I started my imagination started running wild)):

1. Both companies involved in the same line of work (hyperdrives and other tech). Whatever.
2. Sirius picks up MetaDrive casually, the MetaDrive audit, despite some turbulence, doesn't phase them.
3. If you'd like you can go on believing that MetaDrive is just some company that as far as we know did nothing worth mentioning besides fall on hard times and get bought and for some reason their CEO was involved with Dynasty and then died for reasons independent of anything else happening in the story. I don't buy it though.
4. Rewind to Dynasty Project; it's a BIG project. Who has the means to dispatch multiple large convoys, 9 (right?) planetary outposts, a mega ship, and pay the crew large sums of money on top of that? Who would even possess knowledge that we are going to be invaded and need a contingency plan? Well...
5. Rewind to the Antares incident. About 20 years prior to Dynasty. Sirius's new hyperdrive technology falls victim to a power surge, ripping them out of hyperspace, destroying everything. What was the real cause? Well...
6. Fast forward to the Starship One incident's investigation and the follow-up Antares investigation. We learn that the two incidents went down pretty much the same way. Power surge or something in the drives. But from Starship One we have a survivor! Halsey lives on to recount her contact with aliens at the time of the accident. Huh aliens, power surge causing drive failure, ripped from hyperspace, sounds familiar......

My take on all this: Sirius controls everything, Sirius knew about aliens before anyone else, they set up the Dynasty Project, they focused their efforts on bettering their technology after Dynasty failed, and now they are hiding something in Col 70. A lot of this is just guessing but it is difficult to present an argument that Sirius is not involved in any of it. Again, maybe they are a red herring, MetaDrive is just some plot element that FDev pulled out of the void, Raan Corsen is lying, and Wreaken's affiliation with Sirius and presence in Col 70 is just completely unrelated to what they are doing there. But I don't think that's the case.

"i'm not asking for bgs manipulations but can you plz manipulate BGS for me?"

This is not about bgs I don't know how many times I have to say it. We intend to create pvp for a reason. We intend to make procyon a dangerous place to be for players

You don't think that they knew? What's more curious is no one knows what became of it and what it was before. But we do know Sirius has access to col 70 along with wreaken construction, and latest evidence proves that the signals coming from pointing at col 70 are of Thargoid origin. Not only this, but the Thargoids harvest off the very things we get meta alloy from. Sirius Corporation knows way more than they lead on and everyone is to engrossed with their precious permits to push further about the issue. I'd personally like to have a word with Raan Corsen himself. Why did he feel the need to leave and steal from his employer after the Sirius corporation merger? Then suddenly got in bed with cor and Salome. In my opinion that is a loose thread that needs to be investigated.

You want your evidence!?

HERE it is! Iv been saying this all long. Dont believe me or trust me, but believe Fdev who just made what I've been saying about Sirius Corp. Meta Drive, Wreaken, all of it, its all just been made into the games lore!

[video=youtube_share;yRqXGNxtBQ0]https://youtu.be/yRqXGNxtBQ0[/video]

So why not follow her orders? let us see where it takes us! blockade Procyon, Let us have a hostile take over of a Powerplay Leader and force their hand to war with SiriuisGov! The time is now CMDR's whether you stand WITH or AGAINST me matters not, but that we make our own path into this games lore!

You want your evidence!?

As I wrote earlier. I've read Premonition and things are a bit more complicated/interesting.

So why not follow her orders? let us see where it takes us! blockade Procyon, Let us have a hostile take over of a Powerplay Leader and force their hand to war with SiriuisGov! The time is now CMDR's whether you stand WITH or AGAINST me matters not, but that we make our own path into this games lore!

I see. You are just an other who is happy to die for "glory", "honor" and "truth". You are happy to kill other humans just because a cute woman told you to kill others.
A woman that claimed to regret having caused the death of others for her own goals. A woman that even at the moment of her death is warmongering and wants to cause war.

Happily fighting wars in her name because the others are "evil" because they might be involved in wars.
She caused the death of more people, in her completely avoidable war over Prism, than died on the Zurara.
Thargoids are invading and she wants us to fight against each other and fight against those who build the weapons we need if we want to have a chance against the Thargoids?

She failed in every single thing she tied to do. Causing death and suffering for her own little vendetta because someone hurt her feelings by not asking her if it is OK to prepare for an alien invasion. How rude. Not asking plan C if it's OK to save humanity.

It doesn't make sense if you think about it for a second.

You want your evidence!?

You seem unclear on the difference between 'evidence' and 'unsupported accusation'.
You probably want to get that sorted out before you start running around encouraging people to blow things up.

Blindly taking the word of a murderous terrorist isn't the brightest move you can make.

You seem unclear on the difference between 'evidence' and 'unsupported accusation'.
You probably want to get that sorted out before you start running around encouraging people to blow things up.

Blindly taking the word of a murderous terrorist isn't the brightest move you can make.

Especially since all the message says is "There's a conspiracy! Trust me!" with no actual proof of anything.

Top Bottom