Anyone else preping a Ship for the Thargoid's?

I am ready as possible, also fattening liquid cr for re-buys.

Everything is A's and 5's.

Member of a wing so we can make a coordinated response.

There will be losses and lessons. Semper Paratus.

Other than unlocks and progressing engineers to higher levels, I've suspended even my slow and casual engineering process - I'm not going for "the mods I want to keep" any more. There's almost certainly going to be new blueprints so I want my mats as fully stocked as my gameplay can make them when its time to switch from "loaded for bear" to "loaded for bug".

I bought a fleet of sidewinders for cheap rebuys when the Thargoids blow me up. None of them have weapons, in the hope that they see me as friendly.

No. Seems kind of early for that since we have no idea what's what. Maybe I'll build a dedicated Thargoid ship, if there's some point in messing with them. Otherwise, I just plan to avoid them.

No.

1) I am not a combat pilot
2) I don't think it is a good idea to wage war towards something we know very little about
3) I hope to interact with them in a peacefull manner

No.

1) I am not a combat pilot
2) I don't think it is a good idea to wage war towards something we know very little about
3) I hope to interact with them in a peacefull manner

Hi, I represent an interest that has asked if, kindly, you happen to die, can they have all your stuff?

[I would be thrilled if there was even a hint of being able to have a fifth column within humanity. Sympathisers, if you will. No no, I understand. It's just a convenient business transaction. Just be careful though, bad things tend to happen to fifth-column and sympathisers. But hey man, so many credits. Assuming they use credits. Do the flower people have a use for credits? Probably not. But I'm sure there will be some sort of 'payment' for selling out your kind. Right? Good luck! :)]

Last edited:
Hi, I represent an interest that has asked if, kindly, you happen to die, can they have all your stuff?

[I would be thrilled if there was even a hint of being able to have a fifth column within humanity. Sympathisers, if you will. No no, I understand. It's just a convenient business transaction. Just be careful though, bad things tend to happen to fifth-column and sympathisers. But hey man, so many credits. Assuming they use credits. Do the flower people have a use for credits? Probably not. But I'm sure there will be some sort of 'payment' for selling out your kind. Right? Good luck! :)]

I for one will be more than willing to spread deserved payment should one be interested in profit from species betrayal to the hostile Thargoids. Probably with hardpoints mind you, but for those representing a group and using solo/private to avoid human reprisal I and others know how and are willing to crash a PMF player faction in BGS.

So I landed my conda at a Thargoid Surface Site for the first time tonight only to find that my hull rapidly dropped to 50% for some mysterious reason while I was out driving my SRV around the site. I wasn't carrying anything corrosive, but I did leave my ship with my shields down and all systems powered down to try to minimize its signature. Was it damage from scavangers, or are the Thargoid sites just naturally corrosive if you park your ship there? Just wondering if it becomes necessary later in the game to revisit these sites for future Thargoid conflicts...

740 is nothing to scoff at. 740 has to be something else.

Oh hellz no, its amazing for getting out of trouble when/if things go south , in a light courier build if it goes south it tends to happen very quickly (no pun intended). Usually 1 - 2 boosts sees you quite a few km's away from danger.

Edit .. i could probably get it over 800 if i removed the hull packs and weapons but then wheres the fun in that :) a bit of a glass cannon if the shields fail but if you keep your wits about you its an awsome little ship. Defo become my favourite next to the vulture.

Last edited:
Answer tp original question is "yes".

As we have no clue as to what's required other than to say our current build will have zero affect...I have taken to gutting my second account....sold all my modules and weapons and ships and now simply have the following:-

A) Fully A rated Sidewinder
B) 13 of every single material
C) 13 of every single data
D) 1 Billion Credits
E) Docked at an anonymous station a looooong way outside the bubble.

Nuff said.

Clicker

Answer tp original question is "yes".

As we have no clue as to what's required other than to say our current build will have zero affect...I have taken to gutting my second account....sold all my modules and weapons and ships and now simply have the following:-

A) Fully A rated Sidewinder
B) 13 of every single material
C) 13 of every single data
D) 1 Billion Credits
E) Docked at an anonymous station a looooong way outside the bubble.

Nuff said.

Clicker

Wheres (F)? The nuclear hardened bunker for just in casies :)

Oh hellz no, its amazing for getting out of trouble when/if things go south , in a light courier build if it goes south it tends to happen very quickly (no pun intended). Usually 1 - 2 boosts sees you quite a few km's away from danger.

Edit .. i could probably get it over 800 if i removed the hull packs and weapons but then wheres the fun in that :) a bit of a glass cannon if the shields fail but if you keep your wits about you its an awsome little ship. Defo become my favourite next to the vulture.

A couple of PvPers from what I've heard have weapons and shields on Couriers that go past 800, so yeah it's certainly possible.

A couple of PvPers from what I've heard have weapons and shields on Couriers that go past 800, so yeah it's certainly possible.

Yeh most likely, alot of my rolls where mid range or better and i just accepted them. It could defo be lighter and a better G5 dirty drive roll but i am quite pleased with the little bird i shelled out for some nice green coloured drives, weapons and a shiny nameplate.

do you have an "A" rated toilet to flush it down when you find out you will be doing CGs?

It wouldnt even touch the sides hehehe. (Greased lightning) i was at the last CG in it .. i kept it in the role of skirmisher and to harrass and chase down fleeing ships. It excelled in these roles and my only death was to a boy wizard who rammed me when coming into land at a station. Lol good times.

Last edited:
We are cannon fodder, nothing more. If the Thargoid scout ships can easily destroy a fleet of Farragut-Class battleships, none of our toy ships has any chance of engaging them

any ship can destroy a fleet of capital ships if it can render it helpless first with a single fart, that's what they do, and that's what we need to counter.

don't worry, we will get some countermeasure gadgets and suddenly we can hit back, from there it will be just good old carnage, but new. can't wait!

No prep required - Currently, Thargoids appear, ship powers down and you go pop! - So I will stick to a sidewinder until we have a solution to their EMP. (Cheaper Rebuy)

this

Last edited:
Top Bottom