Jurassic Park in ED

Surely some intrepid entrepreneur thought of putting a dino park on some small moon. I want to visit! Maybe my money grubbing npc will treat me to a day pass for paying her so many credits.

It looks fun, and I recognize that Fdev is a business that needs to meet a bottom line fiscally speaking, but let's face it gents: this and Planet Coaster are why Horizon's was so skimpy and will take nearly two years to wrap up development on.

News just in!
Game developer,develops games!

Presumably the COBRA game engine won't be capable of realistic dinosaur animation so they'll be substituting live motion capture of rhesus monkeys instead. But hey, everyone loves monkeys, and gameplay trumps realism every time, eh?

when you look at the end at that city then you can see they have put more work and quality in it then the planet outposts in the Horizons expansion

Last edited:
It looks fun, and I recognize that Fdev is a business that needs to meet a bottom line fiscally speaking, but let's face it gents: this and Planet Coaster are why Horizon's was so skimpy and will take nearly two years to wrap up development on.
It's also possible that they have been working on 3.0.

Possible. But I think someone at FDev was recently quoted as saying they have not even started coding atmospheric planets yet. Was it Sandro?

But yes, I would agree this is good practice, and much of the code might be re-usable.

Although it highlights the point as to why this is such a big job - expectations of an infinite permutation of alien creatures, plus the need to generate game-play in these environments. I'd rather they concentrated on improving what we've got.

Possible. But I think someone at FDev was recently quoted as saying they have not even started coding atmospheric planets yet. Was it Sandro?

But yes, I would agree this is good practice, and much of the code might be re-usable.

Although it highlights the point as to why this is such a big job - expectations of an infinite permutation of alien creatures, plus the need to generate game-play in these environments. I'd rather they concentrated on improving what we've got.

I didn't say they are working on atmospheric planets, I said they might be working on 3.0 ;)

This might be true, as long as the trailer wasn't like Elite's trailers hahaha.

This is good practice for Frontier so they can bring us landable ELWs with lots of strange creatures.
I hope so, but they will focus on what is working the best. Their policy is that if something doesn't work, they abandon it. In other words, Elite will be treated the same way MC, PP, and so on were treated.

And also that, but so far things don't seem to be adding up so well. And so many "it's on the on the list" and "we would like to do that" type of answers give the impression that nothing that is expected, or supposed to come, is coming for "3.0". Hopefully they will reveal something worth waiting for in those 30 minutes allocated for Elite at Frontier Expo in October. But we been through this already too many times.

Last edited:
Planets with atmosphere, coming soon?

The good about JP, beside keeping FD alive is, its release is scheduled next summer. There'll be PS4 and if god wills it PC mind you, but hopefully the affair doesn't take them too long, since the company already has experience there.
[blah]

Top Bottom