Ships The Adder Appreciation Thread

The Runabout

While out at Jaques, I decided to pick one up to give my very old battered Asp Ex a rest and to use as a local runabout for Colonia space. Here is a friend and me just outside Jaques.
razorandmeatjacques.jpg
razorandme2.jpg
Have a Black Friday & Chrome paint job for it and it looks great in both. :)
Will leave it parked here once I head back to the bubble but can see me getting another as it proved to be a useful little ship for a range of jobs.

Last edited:
While out at Jaques, I decided to pick one up to give my very old battered Asp Ex a rest and to use as a local runabout for Colonia space. Here is a friend and me just outside Jaques.
Have a Black Friday & Chrome paint job for it and it looks great in both. :)
Will leave it parked here once I head back to the bubble but can see me getting another as it proved to be a useful little ship for a range of jobs.

Now that you say it. In the past I had mine transported to Colonia and later transported back to the bubble again.
A ship that is very well fit for Colonia with payable transportation costs.
It is made for ship transfer.
Lots of low/medium range armed exploration at Colonia, a keeper ship.

I also got my first alien hyperdiction in it, corrosion resistant cargo racks.

View attachment 118814

Adder: daily reconnaissance.

Last edited:
Now that you say it. In the past I had mine transported to Colonia and later transported back to the bubble again.
A ship that is very well fit for Colonia with payable transportation costs.
It is made for ship transfer.
Lots of low/medium range armed exploration at Colonia, a keeper ship.
I think (considering the level of equipment available at Jaques) its the best ship out there; cheap to buy, cheap to run and has enough slots for all sorts of goodies. I used mine for some mining and exploration without the worry of rebuy costs of the Asp Ex. I hope the choice of equipment out at Jaques gets better in the future tho and maybe some engineers decide to head out that way too one day, but yes Pakhuis1973, most certainly a "keeper" :)

Brilliant! This thread has suddenly made me feel like I made a huge mistake going straight to the Cobra. I'm going to buy one right now, dressed to the nines - and see how it parties.

Although perhaps the real point is to see how little it needs to be dressed to still hold its own? A cheap ship that takes down a billionnaire's ship is always something to cherish.

rwmCnyy.png

I just "fungineered" my Adder. I wasn't happy with the beams and frag cannons I had on it, so I replaced them with three rails! Yes, they do get hot, but I have the c1's bound to one button and the c2 bound to the other, plus, they all have thermal reductions, so as long as I don't fire them all at once too often, it's ok. Now, it's much more fun to use in combat.

Despite having just outfitted a multi-role Anaconda, I found myself hauling passengers and doing planetary landing jobs in the Adder - again. :)
I love this ship, I'm glad I bough the chrome paint for it. :)

So I got an Adder to use as fast Shuttle with cheap transfer costs, but the thing that annoys me is that we are forced to sit on the right side instead of the left. There needs to be an option to switch seats.

Just bought my first Adder last night and am slowly exploring the possibilities with it. Love the way it looks, like a space ship from a sixties sci-fi cartoon!

I love it's looks too. Such a great little ship that seems to get overlooked for one reason or another. Not the best trader I guess but it's a capable explorer and with it's maneuverability, a good little fighter.

http://i.imgur.com/OIEK4hT.jpg

I'm temped to get another one and engineer it a bit to see if I can actually do anything in it.

I currently own 1 ship again (Cobra III) and have more cash than I care to admit but I'm just wanting to mess around and have fun. Adder might be it.

Even engineered, it's still pretty useless but kind of in a fun way. If you have an upgraded FSD and vehicle hanger you can use it to collect engineer mats. The second seat is only exceeded in uselessness by the one in the Vulture though.

Even engineered, it's still pretty useless but kind of in a fun way. If you have an upgraded FSD and vehicle hanger you can use it to collect engineer mats. The second seat is only exceeded in uselessness by the one in the Vulture though.

Yeah thats was pretty much the reason why I didn't fly it much the last time....I'm also thinking of getting into PVP and was contemplating the adder as my weapon of choice to get my feet wet.....maybe.....Yes I am daft I know!

I'm using mine for planetary scan missions and for transfers.
It has an overcharged plant which is an overkill as I won't fit weapons and it makes the ship run hot, so I'll probably swap to a low emissions plant that can still drive the G5 perfomance enhanced thrusters and a decent shield.

The Adder is so immersive, it looks like starhips I've always built from LEGO when I was a kid. Very cozy. Although the visibility is really making some things difficult, like for example landing safely during a CG when there are SO many players (with various piloting skills) trying to do the same all around you :)

Top Bottom