DSN Luxury Tour

So I went to Y Canum Venaticorum, a carbon star close to the bubble for a passenger mission with my recently engineered Dolphin "Canapé Surfer", for a kind of a test drive...

Liked : supercruise handling, normal space speed and manoeuvrability, low fuel consumption.
Disliked : heat management, good but not extraordinary jumprange, average fuel scoop.

Also, a very small ship means a tiny cockpit ! The view throught the canopy is good, especially when looking upward, but not as wide as from an ASP or a DBX. I need to compare with a Beluga now.

A few pics of the star itself :

34421x1804.jpg

34420x2140.jpg

So I went to Y Canum Venaticorum, a carbon star close to the bubble for a passenger mission with my recently engineered Dolphin "Canapé Surfer", for a kind of a test drive...

Liked : supercruise handling, normal space speed and manoeuvrability, low fuel consumption.
Disliked : heat management, good but not extraordinary jumprange, average fuel scoop.

Also, a very small ship means a tiny cockpit ! The view throught the canopy is good, especially when looking upward, but not as wide as from an ASP or a DBX. I need to compare with a Beluga now.

A few pics of the star itself :

My opinion leans for a Beluga for the size of the ship only.

Beautiful screens.

Hi guys,

Firstly, I'll not be joining you so no worries about organisation. I just can't commit to the time period.

However, being most interested in the tour, I plan to do it anyway starting today. Interestingly, I found a couple of systems on your tour are missing from EDSM/EDDiscovery - which I noticed as I was building a route. In any case, as I visit, I'll try to get that updated and if I'm done by the time you guys start, I'll make the EDD route public for anyone who uses that tool for plotting.

Fly safe out there commanders.

Good road Cmdr !

o7

In order to centralize a maximum of all the screenshots of the Luxury Tour, we have created a dedicated imgur gallery with sub-sections for each waypoints in order to find us more easily !

To add photos, you have to go on the discord of the expedition and follow the simplified procedure.

Good viewing ! :cool:

This is a great idea for an exploration expedition! I flew almost this exact route in my DBE when the asteroid bases were first implemented, there are some incredible views along the way and it was extremely scenic.

I'd love to come along in my Dolphin but I'll be on the Dead Man's Expedition when you all launch, otherwise I would.

This is a great idea for an exploration expedition! I flew almost this exact route in my DBE when the asteroid bases were first implemented, there are some incredible views along the way and it was extremely scenic.

I'd love to come along in my Dolphin but I'll be on the Dead Man's Expedition when you all launch, otherwise I would.

We actually hope to see some extraordinary things.

Good expedition to you ! :D

o7

Good luck commanders on this journey. If I'd had the time I would've joined but unfortunately.
Did the tour in my DBX though and have to say I'm quite impressed. Also collected 138 high-res screenshots worth 12GB. So some enjoyable wallpapers for the forseeable future.

o7

gse8vCM

gse8vCM.jpg

Image by CMDR Mist0

Only 13 days before the start of the DSN Luxury Tour!

If you have not yet registered, please do not hesitate to join:

What to do before departure?
1. Prepare a Beluga Liner / Orca / Dolphin (useful engineering: FSD, Life Support, Sensors)
2. If you wish to participate in the SRV events (WPs 2, 8, 10, 13 and 19), fit one or more SRV bays
3. If you want to start the Imperial eagle race at WP 15:
4. If you want to participate (as a fighter pilot) in fighter events:
  • Choose the Beluga Liner (to participate in WPs 3, 5, 18).
In this case you can:​

• Either travel with a fighter bay
  • Or prepare one and store it for transfer to the relevant WPs (which all have an outfitting section)

• Choose an Orca / Dolphin (WP 18 only), and store a ship equipped with a fighter bay (eg Keelback), to transfer it to the WP 18 (Shipyard available).

All the information and answers to the questions available on the DSN Discord (mandatory to participate in the meetings).

Last edited:
Top Bottom