ObsidianAnt's Cameo

Just docked at Obsidian Station in Maia. Over the loudspeakers come the dulcet tones of ObsidianAnt himself :"Hi guys and girls, welcome to Obsidian Station".

I'm about 90% sure that I didn't hallucinate it. This is new with 2.4 right?

he mentioned that he, and a few others, were invited to frontier to record some dialogue ! ( after that, they were given a tour )

he mentioned that he, and a few others, were invited to frontier to record some dialogue ! ( after that, they were given a tour )

I rember him saying he was very pleased of what he saw during that visit. It was not regarding 2.4 but 3.0+ content.

I just noticed this myself and near fell off my chair!

Nice one Mr Ant - wonderful to hear your dulcet tones within the game :D

• Like (+1)
Reactions: NW3
Who is obsidian ant? never heard of him. If it's some you tube yokel? no wonder. I don't go there.
Don't know about yokel (seems a little rude); but yes, he's on YouTube.

Personally I don't see the point of putting his voice into the game; but each to his own.

Last edited:
Nice for a chuckle, but I really don't want to be reminded every time I dock that this is just a game and there's a guy on YT that has videos on it.

Mind you I'm subbed and really like his videos, but that's a bit much.

Sir.Tj

The Moderator who shall not be Blamed....
Volunteer Moderator
Yes it was him, a few of us did some voice over work in June.

Who is obsidian ant? never heard of him. If it's some you tube yokel? no wonder. I don't go there.
You should, he is easy to listen to (great voice), has amazing backgrounds for his videos, reports most of the latest news from livestreams, long-winded patch notes, galnet, cannon, and others, several times a week.

I did 4 trips into and out of there earlier and I never even noticed, at least once with the volume turned up....bummer, I only just now saw this after I trucked over to Lizzies CG, it will be a couple days til I get back.

• Like (+1)
Reactions: NW3
Top Bottom