Experimental Equipment/Weapons

Has anyone tried the turreted versions yet? If so what is their accuracy like?

I'm wondering if they'd be useful on my Clipper? Fit the turreted ones to the Wingtip mounts and fixed to the inner mounts, but I won't bother if they're rubbish.

They are terrible, really they only hit maybe one out of 24, go fixed it's not that hard once you get the hang of it

The AX missiles need synthesis so we have a chance with anything below FDL/Python standard.

Honestly in that case smaller ships shouldn't really be taking in the thargoids Solo, in sure a wing will be enough with maybe 2 pods each

They are terrible, really they only hit maybe one out of 24, go fixed it's not that hard once you get the hang of it

Honestly in that case smaller ships shouldn't really be taking in the thargoids Solo, in sure a wing will be enough with maybe 2 pods each

Have you seen how wide spaced the wingtip mounts are on the Clipper? I'm not even sure they'll both be able to hit a thargoid, let alone a specific target like a heart. I use fixed on most ships it just isn't practical on a Clipper (i'm not even sure the middle two mounts are close enough together either). The result may well be that the Clipper is useless for fighting Thargoids, which may well be the case if the turrets are that bad :(.

Have you seen how wide spaced the wingtip mounts are on the Clipper? I'm not even sure they'll both be able to hit a thargoid, let alone a specific target like a heart. I use fixed on most ships it just isn't practical on a Clipper (i'm not even sure the middle two mounts are close enough together either). The result may well be that the Clipper is useless for fighting Thargoids, which may well be the case if the turrets are that bad :(.

Yes I have one, but well on my corvette I'm using all 4 fixed and one is on the huge hardpoint while the others are in the medium ones and the large, the gap is pretty big but so is the Thargoid, I think you'll be fine. Give it a shot

So I've carried out a semi successful test of the AX missiles on my Clipper. I was able to take out two hearts and escaped with 36% of my hull intact. Should have done better but got zapped by the yellow, lighting bolt of doom while trying to bug out (I was almost out of ammo by then)

I went with my original loadout idea of 2x turreted, 2x fixed. The turrets accuracy wasn't that bad, although pretty poor if firing at an angle, when head on they more than compensated for their lower damage. The fixed weapons on the other hand were as bad as I feared (from my long experience piloting the Clipper, I expected this). While I could land one of the missiles on target the other could end up just about anywhere or even miss entirely, in fact I managed to do over 50% damage to a heart I wasn't even aiming at!!! There's no way using fixed on the outer wingtips will work (the Cyclops simply isn't as big as it looks). I may try an all turreted loadout next.

Carried out another weapons test, this time with 3x turreted AX missiles and 1x fixed. Similar result to the first fight, although I had more missiles remaining at the point where I decided to bug out, so the extra accuracy was appreciable. Not sure I would have had enough shots left for the 3rd heart though and soloing would be impossible. The biggest drawback to the turrets is their much shorter range than the fixed missiles, they wouldn't start firing until the 2500-2000m range, whereas I could hit the target with a fixed round at almost twice that range.

I may try the fixed missiles on different firegroups to keep up a steady controlled barrage. Would require constantly adjusting aim, but would be fun to try.

Last edited:
ammo is way too low, need synthisis, and my weapon colours dont apply.

Also... were is the size 3??

If you want the bigger weapons then you need to help complete the community goal. Otherwise we may get stuck with only size 2 again.

Managed to get a tissue sample and get it to Wolf, but you can only sell it on the Black Market. Odd that its illicit in that system despite the public call. Aegis research should be legal.
Also, its only worth one tonne also despite the expense and risk of getting it under fire from a 'goid. Unfortunately it feels like (breaking immersion) that FDev have not bothered to alter the CG mechanism or any cargo rules to add this feature, which makes it illogical and counter intuitive in game. 8^(
Just why should I bother getting more?

If you want the bigger weapons then you need to help complete the community goal. Otherwise we may get stuck with only size 2 again.
lots of people are tired of CGs, before launch of 2.4 they redid the same community goal a couple of times.
its hard to keep people motivated for a tier goal that says nothing about the award.

I bet it wasn't the tier of completion that's barring us from the size 3 and 4 weapons. I bet we just haven't found a Thargoid worthy of them yet.

I bet it wasn't the tier of completion that's barring us from the size 3 and 4 weapons. I bet we just haven't found a Thargoid worthy of them yet.

I certainly hope this is the case, and they'll be released over time as the arms race continues. Until we're given evidence to the contrary however, the only way to know for sure is to reach each tier and see what we've unlocked

lots of people are tired of CGs, before launch of 2.4 they redid the same community goal a couple of times.
its hard to keep people motivated for a tier goal that says nothing about the award.

I know. I'm struggling to keep motivated myself. I dislike trading CGs as a general rule and feel forced into helping with this one, in order to get the reward.

Top Bottom