Modes Master Griefer List

I was told to ask in this forum instead of the last thread I posted so . . .

I recently joined the game and want to play more in open so I can do some PvP, but the griefers . . yeah, I don't have unlimited time to play and so on, so . . I read a post about blocking people IG< and how those people often are sent to other instances. Logic dictated that perhaps out there, somewhere, is a master list of blatant griefers. Not the once off gankers, but the guys who do nothing but grief at all costs.

Has anyone complied such a list? People on the list I am sure would begin to feel lonely if enough people used it. I would not mind placing the most egregious griefers on a list before I even get into playing in Open often.

Just curious, not trying to antagonize anyone. Thanks!

I recently joined the game and want to play more in open so I can do some PvP, but the griefers . . yeah, I don't have unlimited time to play and so on, so . . I read a post about blocking people IG< and how those people often are sent to other instances. Logic dictated that perhaps out there, somewhere, is a master list of blatant griefers. Not the once off gankers, but the guys who do nothing but grief at all costs.

Has anyone complied such a list? People on the list I am sure would begin to feel lonely if enough people used it. I would not mind placing the most egregious griefers on a list before I even get into playing in Open often.

You won't find such a list on these forums due to the rule against naming and shaming here. Maybe reddit has something like this, but i don't use that site.

You want to PvP, but want to separate your game out from PvPers?

Dude, don't just hit the panic button at the sight of the word "griefer". Many murderers out there are the same gimbal-only scrubs that they knock when preying on people.

Git gud, git modified, and git them.

Probably not to the level of Eve, but you want to be careful around "hot spots" - Eravate, Community Goals, the Engineer bases, any discoveries (especially if they've only just been found), and by keeping an eye on the community anything which is currently in vogue or will contain a larger gathering of players.

Your best bet is to use the mode system to its fullest. Use Private Groups for PvE / limited PvP and use Open when you fancy the thrill of the chase etc...

Plus there are some great groups out there all with custom rules to suit any mood or style of play.

You won't find such a list on these forums due to the rule against naming and shaming here. Maybe reddit has something like this, but i don't use that site.

Reddit has most of the "griefers" and PvP'ers on it.
Try asking about the less confrontational play on there and you get jumped on by folks banned from here for mouthing off about getting "gud" and all that bull.

You want to PvP, but want to separate your game out from PvPers?

Dude, don't just hit the panic button at the sight of the word "griefer". Many murderers out there are the same gimbal-only scrubs that they knock when preying on people.

No one said they were panicking, and they don't need to get "gud" - they want their own style of play and you're trying to force yours (as usual).
We get it, you have your way of playing - thanks for telling us, over and over and over. But we are allowed the same treatment - so don't tell others how to play unless you want us to dictate how you play.

How about I go back to drumming up support for removal of open, so everyone has to use private groups?
After all, PvE players were forced to create their own groups, why shouldn't PvP'ers ?
Yes, I think forcing my idea on to PvP'ers may help teach them to stop trying to force PvP on others, shoe on the other foot and all.

;)

Thanks again for the answers! I do plan on getting gud and not worrying about getting blown up, although from what I read about modding / Engineers the path for that is a bit grindy.

Thanks again!

Why can't we name and shame these weasels? Are FD coping out and doing us a disservice here?

I would guess that maintaining a griefer list would itself be griefing. What recourse would someone have if they were put on the list unjustly?

As suggested above, I think OP's best course would be to join one of the Mobius groups and get the hang of the game in that environment, before cautiously trying Open.

Chill your beans ma'am. "As usual" you've taken your own offense that wasn't there to a comment so you can get your pitchfork out and start ranting.

I don't need a pitchfork when you throw "Git Gud" around, you've already shown you're trolling the forums with your griefer comment.
Just like how your lot used to throw "Carebear" about. You've lost the debate so you just throw nasty comments and veiled insults about.

It's a game, no one needs to "Git Gud", no one is panicking or afraid etc. People are just trying to enjoy their purchase how they choose.
And because of the attitude of some of you, people would rather enjoy the game without those attitudes involved.

You catch more flies with honey than vinegar ;)

Just like how your lot used to throw "Carebear" about. You've lost the debate so you just throw nasty comments and veiled insults about.

I proposed OP be the crime and punishment that Gotham needs, and you've constructed a strawmen so you can throw vitriol.

If you look down at your high horse, you might notice you're actually riding a pig in the muck.

OP, some things to think about (before the usual inevitable PVP/Anti PVP argument gets going any further lol):

1. Lots of those "griefers" will also fight a duel with you if you ask. Many of them will also give you a hand with your skills if you ask. Your milleage will vary though, some PVPers are honourable people, some most definitely aren't. There's even a discord chanel set up for this, although I forget the details.
2. Nothing to stop you PVPing with people by arrangement. PVP involving stock non-engineered eagles can be a lot of fun. I recall having a fantastic 15 person hauler fight once outside Cleve Hub in Eravate.
3. Player groups will often train you up and you'll get much more involved in both duels and arranged wing fights.

I proposed OP be the crime and punishment that Gotham needs, and you've constructed a strawmen so you can throw vitriol.

Really?

Dude, don't just hit the panic button at the sight of the word "griefer".

Funny, when none of this answers the OPs question of a list of names of people who are griefers.
Not a single word there is relevant to the OP or the thread or is even a suggestion of them becoming Batman.
But it is the comments made by those pouting over losing targets in open due to their own behaviour (aka griefers)

If you look down at your high horse, you might notice you're actually riding a pig in the muck.

And I refer you back to my comment on veiled insults.

But please, continue proving my point.
At least OP knows to add you to their list should you use the same in-game name.

Yes really. I'll inject humour into my points as I see fit; git gud hasn't been taken seriously as a phrase for months.

As OP's request is against forum rules, they aren't getting any answers as to a list of griefers. So it's either this or threadlock.

But yes, "continue to prove my point". You're accusing someone of vitriol by throwing vitriol. Get indignant as you want, you're as much a forum griefer as I am. In fact, you might even be my long lost griefer sibling. Come here, brother <3

Last edited:
Top Bottom