Patch Notes Update 2.4 The Return - Patch Notes

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
2.4 is Horizons. All 2.x is. And also, if i understand the expo vid, "Beyond" (season 3) is also part of it.

I think there was an announcement at some point, on how Horizons Season Pass holders, will have access to the content throughout 2018 too. Can't find it though. ;-)

Sounds positive.

Yes, but not all new content in versions 2+ requires Horizons.
Yes. That's my understanding, and the reason is that some of the things coming out relates to the things added in horizons. For instance, vapor and fog is something you can only experience if you can land. And landing, if I remember correctly, requires Horizons. Perhaps some of the expansions they do will make its way to version 1.x of ED, like mining maybe. It seems like they're not planning to call it season 3 and require a season pass, that's all.

Been out of the loop for a month or so! Enjoying the new patch but run into a small issue with scan happy npc’s interfering with passenger missions.

I’m currently running passengers from Okinura, I’m allied with the controlling faction which usually prevents me from being scanned when approaching or exiting the station with passengers who dislike being scanned. However, I’m getting bombarded with scans which has never happened here before...

Is this something to do with 2.4?

Okinura is in the Civil Unrest state. Does this influence scan frequency? Not something I’ve run across before...

Been out of the loop for a month or so! Enjoying the new patch but run into a small issue with scan happy npc’s interfering with passenger missions.

I’m currently running passengers from Okinura, I’m allied with the controlling faction which usually prevents me from being scanned when approaching or exiting the station with passengers who dislike being scanned. However, I’m getting bombarded with scans which has never happened here before...

Is this something to do with 2.4?

Okinura is in the Civil Unrest state. Does this influence scan frequency? Not something I’ve run across before...

Are your passengers criminals?

In retrospect, even though the usual expected troubles with bugs are present as always but 2.4 has been the best update so far to me personally, truly easily.

Did not really know where else to say this so I'm saying it here: Thanks FD, for all the hard work you guys have seen through. After 4k++ hrs the patch feels quite amazing on the whole. Many minor things I could complain about, but I'll leave those to another time. For once, a bask post :p

Are your passengers criminals?

Thats not the issue he mentions. The problem is that he is being scanned at all, which he didnt experience earlier. I dont personally know what the relation between reputation, faction state and scan frequency is.

Yes. That's my understanding, and the reason is that some of the things coming out relates to the things added in horizons. For instance, vapor and fog is something you can only experience if you can land. And landing, if I remember correctly, requires Horizons. Perhaps some of the expansions they do will make its way to version 1.x of ED, like mining maybe. It seems like they're not planning to call it season 3 and require a season pass, that's all.

It seems to me that Beyond is part of Horizons, and can only be bought by purchasing Horizons. There will also be new paid content in 2018, which they will reveal at a later date.

It seems to me that Beyond is part of Horizons, and can only be bought by purchasing Horizons. There will also be new paid content in 2018, which they will reveal at a later date.

I think this is unsurprising actually. Maintaining numerous different update paths would have been a nightmare for FD, sticking with one linear upgrade path (base game + optional Horizons + optional Beyond) seems fair enough to me.

As a KickStarter backer I am thoroughly disappointed. This is no where near on schedule or what I was promised. I want a refund, $150 down the drain. While other much smaller studios produce far more content, and I don't mean all the stuff in your digital store. It would seem you have fallen into the old trap of a Free To Play game. You are so busy trying to make money from your store with microtransactions that bugs from the original beta still pester us. Stop, fix the problems, then continue development. This first season is well over a year over its promised date...

"NPCs

• Fixed an issue whereby forgetful Military NPCs could sometimes have left their weapons at home
  • .."

Does this refer to the "Dad's Army" reserves? [haha]

WOW! Feeling 'spesh'/noobian. Not firing on all cylinders today!
The first link in orig post suggested this should have been fixed by now though.
Have you experienced this?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom