ObsidianAnt's Cameo

A nice touch by FD to acknowledge the hard work 'Ant puts into his videos and therefore promotion of (intended or not) the game. Always nice to receive a nod of respect.

Just docked at Obsidian Station in Maia. Over the loudspeakers come the dulcet tones of ObsidianAnt himself :"Hi guys and girls, welcome to Obsidian Station".

I'm about 90% sure that I didn't hallucinate it. This is new with 2.4 right?
LOL that's awesome. Nice work Obsidian Ant, you do a lot to make the community great. Kudos to FD for the recognition!

I like the guy and his work but i hate youtubers in my space game... oh well.. I hope others enjoy it. I can`t

As far as I'm concerned, Obsidian Orbital is ObsidianAnt's station. It was named after him, hence the Ant Hill Mob as well...
(Seriously) Really glad to hear him in game, awesome work guys!

• Like (+1)
Reactions: NW3
I think this is a great addition and recognition for some really interesting YT vids.

Nice one Antie & FDEV :)

V2k.

(Just need a scouse accent for a few stations now like ay,ay you trying to get a pad or wot? (There's a wigan accent in there already))

I think it is great and I enjoy watching his videos also they are the right length and to the point not all the fluff and nonsense seen on some of the other ones

For those who feel this takes away from the immersion think of it like this, Obsidian Ant is a CMDR, and a part of the community. It's not like they put Seth Meyers in the game doing his regular schtick. I would imagine in the future people like him would exist, commenting on the news of the day, and they would be based at a station. Furthermore, if OA brought traffic in due to his popularity, he might be invited to greet travelers. If anything it makes the game more realistic.

For those who feel this takes away from the immersion think of it like this, Obsidian Ant is a CMDR, and a part of the community.
That doesn't help my immersion in the least. :p

It's not like they put Seth Meyers in the game doing his regular schtick.
Thankfully.

I would imagine in the future people like him would exist, commenting on the news of the day, and they would be based at a station. Furthermore, if OA brought traffic in due to his popularity, he might be invited to greet travelers.
Still doesn't help the immersion. :)

If anything it makes the game more realistic.
To you. For me it just reminds me that Frontier stuffed a random YouTuber into the game. One I don't listen to (for one reason or another).

Luckily, I'll never visit that station anyway; so all good on my end. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:
As far as I'm concerned, Obsidian Orbital is ObsidianAnt's station. It was named after him, hence the Ant Hill Mob as well...
(Seriously) Really glad to hear him in game, awesome work guys!

I`ts just that... well i`m torn. On one side this is an awesome voice ingame, well acted out, and as you have said, from a guy who has rightfully earned it.
But.. I hate to say it Mah Immrshun is somewhat ruined when i encounter it

nothing against it though, ill just avoid frequent exposure

For me it just reminds me that Frontier stuffed a random YouTuber into the game. One I don't listen to (for one reason or another).

Exept he is not just some random utuber, he is a great member of our community and I think its awesome that Frontier put his voice in to the station, he deserved it for all those wonderful videos he made. Strongly recommend you watch at least one (just pretend its not on "bo ho evil YT", maybe that will help you enjoy it ;) ).

Exept he is not just some random utuber, he is a great member of our community and I think its awesome that Frontier put his voice in to the station, he deserved it for all those wonderful videos he made. Strongly recommend you watch at least one (just pretend its not on "bo ho evil YT", maybe that will help you enjoy it ;) ).
In your opinion he might not be; to me he is.
I've watched more than one, I'm not a fan.

Rafe Zetter

Banned
Don't know about yokel (seems a little rude); but yes, he's on YouTube.

Personally I don't see the point of putting his voice into the game; but each to his own.

It was a PR stunt *cough, bribe* by FDev - ply him with ingame rewards and he'll not say bad things about the game publicly as he has such a large following.

It was a PR stunt *cough, bribe* by FDev - ply him with ingame rewards and he'll not say bad things about the game publicly as he has such a large following.

Well, if that theory has anything to it, it sure backfired on 'em.
The only ED vids i may occasionally watch are the ones by OA, and that's in no small part because of his critical stance on the game.
For some reason, he can also present that criticism without having his views being immediately and harshly shot down by the disagreeing dwellers on this forum.

Sir.Tj

The Moderator who shall not be Blamed....
Volunteer Moderator

I was there and did some V/O work as well and at no point was there any shenanigans going on... except me trying to steal anything not tied down... I still have 3 desks, 2 chairs and a very nice potted plant if anyone's interested.

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
I was there and did some V/O work as well and at no point was there any shenanigans going on... except me trying to steal anything not tied down... I still have 3 desks, 2 chairs and a very nice potted plant if anyone's interested.

You selling?

Top Bottom