Screenie(s)...

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Wait...

Is that sidey scooping the Thargoid artefacts directly to the cargo-hold like some kind of purple pac-man?!?!?!?!?!

I wish I'd thought to try that!

Also - that last shot is also very atmospheric!
You can target mission items from quite a distance and scoop them up with your ship. Not sure if it works with bigger ships or normal cargo canisters. Non-mission items need you to get much closer, almost poking your nose on them, but it works.

You can target mission items from quite a distance and scoop them up with your ship. Not sure if it works with bigger ships or normal cargo canisters. Non-mission items need you to get much closer, almost poking your nose on them, but it works.

Works with any ship and anything collectible.

Pro-tip: Best ships for it are the "short & wide" ships (Sidey, Cobra, Viper) cos you retain a useful degree of pitch without bumping the nose/tail on the ground.
It's possible with longer ships (or any ship) but you have to be much more precise about your angle of pitch as you move in to scoop.
I've also tried it with an Eagle, DBX and an iCourier and it was possible but fiddlier.
I also tried it with an Anaconda but, erm, we don't talk about that anymore. :eek:

Here's me tying it in my starter Sidey:-

N0nLMqF.png

And here's my Viper 3 earning it's living:-

XPZe5GI.png

Adventures of a SpaceGoblin!

Refuelling somewhere in the Pleiades Cluster:

d2JHqKW.jpg

So, after a little (and in fairness to the guilty, it was only a little :D) encouragement from a couple of CMDRs in this thread I have created my own 'Adventures of a SpaceGoblin: in pictures' thread!

Its in the RP section, seemed the best place for it, but don't let that put you off, its pretty lightweight stuff, honest - its mostly captioned screenies of my travels and activities!

Fair warning its already (just) onto its 2nd page!

Haha, never knew this was possible!

This was used extensively during DWE in order to get a Sidey to Beagle Point: couple of commanders in SRVs shooting rocks for the Sidey to scoop up and make jumponiuim.

This was, of course, before Engineers made it possible any other way.

Last edited:
Star images seem to be well received, so here's a few more :rolleyes:

Observing a modest CME event:
QHoL8MX.jpg

Aaaand a few stars later, an Icarus moment!
vJmWlJm.jpg

I'm going to blame it on having changed the spoiler - I'll have to change it back! [uhh]

I'm fantastically late to the party regarding all of this alien ruins nonsense, but I went there and I done this:

2870FAAE50AFCE105115EC9325405F3F45EEC0DB

4669690242AFD2CB975AE88B6F8EF3D282A1F296

And then I swung by Antares on the way back (I know it's not on the way back), just to see if my Ghar army were anywhere in sight:

70E36865427827C5FD60EA40E5AC5B833C96A2E9

Works with any ship and anything collectible.

Pro-tip: Best ships for it are the "short & wide" ships (Sidey, Cobra, Viper) cos you retain a useful degree of pitch without bumping the nose/tail on the ground.
It's possible with longer ships (or any ship) but you have to be much more precise about your angle of pitch as you move in to scoop.
I've also tried it with an Eagle, DBX and an iCourier and it was possible but fiddlier.
I also tried it with an Anaconda but, erm, we don't talk about that anymore. :eek:

Here's me tying it in my starter Sidey:-

https://i.imgur.com/N0nLMqF.png

And here's my Viper 3 earning it's living:-

https://i.imgur.com/XPZe5GI.png

Haha, never knew this was possible!

Everything Stealthie said. At the start of the year the BRC even hosted a small event centered around this "technique". Some fun times. :)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom