Needless system locations

What in the world are capital ships and checkpoints even for?

Capital ships

I dropped out on a capital ship earlier today and saw what it was since ive never needed to go there. MY GOD THAT IS LEGIT. why cant we do anything with it except ooh and ahh at it? Surely a ship like that needs supplies of some kind? why arent there capital ship supply missions that allow you to temporarily dock on that leviathan? Or the capital ship that presumably belongs to a major power could become accessible upon achieving a certain rank. (seriously though, dont use that suggestion if its just going to be just like the other permit systems where theres literally nothing special about it. I was really bummed about sol being just another system with mediocre missions and poor trading opportunities). THERE COULD EVEN BE PASSENGER MISSIONS!!! "Commander transport the relief crew to the federal capital ship $150K REP++ INF +"

Checkpoints.

Has there ever been a bigger waste of time other than going to hutton orbital? Why arent there some interesting missions going on there? For example, Commander 20 deserters have been detained at the checkpoint [enter system here] bring them back here for trial, expect resistance.

Im sure there are others but this is a start. The point here is that we want to actually interact with the galaxy as a whole and not just have a bunch of stuff that you look at for a few minutes and fly away... oh wait thats tourist beacons.... awkward

Checkpoints.

Has there ever been a bigger waste of time other than going to hutton orbital? Why arent there some interesting missions going on there? For example, Commander 20 deserters have been detained at the checkpoint [enter system here] bring them back here for trial, expect resistance.

Checkpoints have a purpose, they contain security and civilian ships of the controlling faction. Very handy if you work the BGS

Top Bottom