Operation IDA - Repairing our Foundation

o7 It's great to be working together towards a common cause. Together we can repair. To begin with - that station is The Oracle. More will follow.

Right now it's best to buy stuff from Malthus Terminal @ Pleiades Sector HR-W d1-4. The reason for this is that there is an Aegis research lab there. It is very likely that the Thargoids will hit this station next (possibly later this week) - so it makes sense to make the most of the supply before it is no longer available.
The other station selling lots of metals nearby is Oort Orbital @ Pleiades Sector KC-V c2-4. This station isn't listed as having an Aegis research base. It is more likely that it won't be hit by Thargoids, so it is better to leave this station alone for the moment... at least until supplies are low elsewhere.

Aluminium is the best good as the % is highest. However, the profit is low.

If you want to make money.. Gallium is your friend right now.

All contributions are worthwhile and massively appreciated.

Last edited:
I forsee issues with the harder to source goods unless a reliable salvage option becomes available.

e.g. Energy Grid Assemblies - the total galactic supply at the moment is 160,000 - less than half of what is required to repair a station.
see https://eddb.io/commodity/290

The total available doesn't drop by the amounts taken from the market though. It takes some time for the amounts to drop. Plus small amounts are usually generated to keep the amount above zero.

I forsee issues with the harder to source goods unless a reliable salvage option becomes available.

e.g. Energy Grid Assemblies - the total galactic supply at the moment is 160,000 - less than half of what is required to repair a station.
see https://eddb.io/commodity/290

Good spot. We already thought about assigning some people to those long range hauls. However, keep in mind that those supplies replenish quite quickly. I don't know though how many players must buy in order for those commodities to run out of stock.

Have you already thought about joining the discord? You seem to be quite thoughtful and it'd be a good thing to have you around there.

Last edited:

The total available doesn't drop by the amounts taken from the market though. It takes some time for the amounts to drop. Plus small amounts are usually generated to keep the amount above zero.

The important number isn't the total amount of a specific commodity, the important number is the difference between "amount created every 10 minutes" and "amount taken from the market in that time".
If I remember correctly the stations produce new commodities every 10 minutes.

In short: If the stations create more of the commodity than players take away, everything is fine.

If the supply of the required commodity drops to 0 it might be a good idea to switch to a small or medium ship to grab the steady tickle that station produces instead of doing long range trips.
It all depends on how long the trip to the next station with enough supply to fill a big ship takes.

Example: Station A produces 100 units every 10 minutes. The next station is 20 minutes away. Any ship transporting less than 400 units will be ineffective on the long range route.

Getting that balance between transported cargo vs. time right can be difficult and is influenced by a lot of things.

The important number isn't the total amount of a specific commodity, the important number is the difference between "amount created every 10 minutes" and "amount taken from the market in that time".
If I remember correctly the stations produce new commodities every 10 minutes.

In short: If the stations create more of the commodity than players take away, everything is fine.

If the supply of the required commodity drops to 0 it might be a good idea to switch to a small or medium ship to grab the steady tickle that station produces instead of doing long range trips.
It all depends on how long the trip to the next station with enough supply to fill a big ship takes.

Example: Station A produces 100 units every 10 minutes. The next station is 20 minutes away. Any ship transporting less than 400 units will be ineffective on the long range route.

Getting that balance between transported cargo vs. time right can be difficult and is influenced by a lot of things.

Well, while no-one is shipping any of these it's not going to be an issue.

Happy to see this getting organized, good job!

I'm starting to do delivery runs with my T-10 now, first 400 tons of aluminium delivered at this moment.

Greetings Cmdr's

The Hutton Truckers have now been bought up to speed with this worthy project, we have added an event section to our facebook page to keep our members up to date with proceedings and will be directing them to follow the priorties as set out by Cmdr Fett_Li and the team.

#forthemug

*welp* Malthus seems to be gone. There goes a big source of materials.

Well, Malthus had a lab so it was expected. I had been hauling out of there on the chance that it would be attacked and thus keep the stocks at Oort a bit higher in the mean time. It seems that due to bgs reasons the stocks at any of the Aegis ports are a bit low at the moment but it shouldn't prevent work from being done (yet)

Obsidian has similar totals to The Oracle. If it starts getting supplies from a larger group due to sentiment then it may be worth redirecting this group.

StationSystemNeeded
The OraclePleiades Sector IR-W d1-559,387,123
Obsidian OrbitalMaia9,507,908

Last edited:
Hutton's systems have returned to stability so we have launched Operation HOT-POT (Hutton Orbital Truckers Pleiades Operation Team) off the back of Nocti's amazing top trucker recognition by Frontier for rescuing evacuees in the newsletter a few weeks back.
Sending large numbers of ships in wings that way to get truckin'

Obsidian has similar totals to The Oracle. If it starts getting supplies from a larger group due to sentiment then it may be worth redirecting this group.

StationSystemNeeded
The OraclePleiades Sector IR-W d1-559,387,123
Obsidian OrbitalMaia9,507,908

If there are player groups that repair Obisidian Orbital due to "sentiment" that's a good thing! As we're working with a group of players that aims at repairing The Oracle I wouldn't shift priorities now. I'd rather utilize the symbolic power of Obsidian Orbital to leave this station up to those who'd like to see it repaired and focus on the "less attractive" stations.

Top Bottom