News Important Newsletter Information

Deleted member 38366

D
I signed up but I do not like it and do not understand why we need to do this, at first I thought is was phishing.

I think this has to do with a new EU law concerning Data Privacy and Customer Information handling for Companies that'll go active in May this year (it's now at the end of a 2 year transition phase, where the old regulations remained valid).
AFAIK amongst other things, it requires a new Opt-In for various types of User Information, which absolutely includes EMail Addresses and meeting the requirements to send out Advertising content or the Newsletters - which includes Advertising.

Companies violating the new restrictions face quite painful consequences (fines upto 20Mil Euro or upto 4% of yearly global revenue of its last fiscal year).

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, I'm not happy about the lack of https in the URL either. This could have been posted by someone who lifted Will's forum password and set up a phishing site. Please FDev, do the right thing.

Can FD prove this came from them?
Will not re-sign until I am satisfied it is them.

Slopey

Volunteer Moderator
I'm sure they'll provide one, but it's definitely GDPR.

From the 28th May, anyone who holds any information about you needs to get your consent for you to be contacted - hence the "refresh". I'm doing it now for the company I work for, and it's quite onerous.

Technically, if you don't consent to them holding your data for the purposes for which they're going to process it, they must delete your details.

Last edited:
No, your wrong Will... I'd rather talk to FD than get hyperdicted by a Thargoid Medusa! [big grin]

I'm sure they'll provide one, but it's definitely GDPR.

From the 28th May, anyone who holds any information about you needs to get your consent for you to be contacted - hence the "refresh". I'm doing it now for the company I work for, and it's quite onerous.

Technically, if you don't consent to them holding your data for the purposes for which they're going to process it, they must delete your details.

Ah yes; informed consent. It's a beautiful thing. (Are we talking about PvP now?)

Is there any way Frontier might be able to lower the price of the subscription?

You've got to haggle, you know.

Sped read that.. picked out 'free' and 'anaconda' and signed up.. now what does it say? :p

That you have promised to buy the entire community a free (to them) Anaconda by quarter 4 in return FDev will provide you with a bumper sticker.

Top Bottom