[CLOSED] EDDB - a site about systems, stations, commodities and trade routes in Elite: Dangerous.

Hello

In the Find Commodity page, if I filter on Landing pad size=M, the results include large landing pads but this is the same as choosing pad size=Any. Just wondering why there are two filters that do the same thing, or perhaps M was intended to only show medium pads (not that there's any real need for that)?

Y9FuRs6.jpg

Last edited:
Hello

In the Find Commodity page, if I filter on Landing pad size=M, the results include large landing pads but this is the same as choosing pad size=Any. Just wondering why there are two filters that do the same thing, or perhaps M was intended to only show medium pads (not that there's any real need for that)?

You are right, right now there is no difference. I had in mind to keep it modular, so if more pad sizes come up, I don't need to change anything but to add that one :)

Thank you for creating EDDB.io ! It's very helpful!

In the Station search ( https://eddb.io/station ), it would be even more helpful if we could specify two economies to search on (such as "Extraction" OR "Refinery") or specify Economies that should not be present (such as "Industrial" AND NOT ("Refinery" OR "Extraction") ).

The reason is that, at present, EDDB does not specify which kind of Material Trader to search for, and the type of Material Trader available at a station depends on the station Economy.

Raw Material Traders are available in stations with Extraction or Refinery economies.
Manufactured Material Traders are available in stations with Industrial economies.
Data Material Traders are available in stations with High Tech or Military economies.

The problem, however, is that a station can have two Economies, but only 1 Material Trader. Morgan Orbital ( https://eddb.io/station/8468 ) in Ragnorak, for example, has both the Industrial and Refinery Economies, so I didn't know what kind of Material Trader was here until I docked. (As it turns out, Morgan Orbital has a Raw Trader.)

The type of search that I'm requesting would allow us users to filter for the specific type of Material Trader that we need, filtering out wrong or ambiguous types.

Thank you for reading!

Thank you for creating EDDB.io ! It's very helpful!

In the Station search ( https://eddb.io/station ), it would be even more helpful if we could specify two economies to search on (such as "Extraction" OR "Refinery") or specify Economies that should not be present (such as "Industrial" AND NOT ("Refinery" OR "Extraction") ).

The reason is that, at present, EDDB does not specify which kind of Material Trader to search for, and the type of Material Trader available at a station depends on the station Economy.

Raw Material Traders are available in stations with Extraction or Refinery economies.
Manufactured Material Traders are available in stations with Industrial economies.
Data Material Traders are available in stations with High Tech or Military economies.

The problem, however, is that a station can have two Economies, but only 1 Material Trader. Morgan Orbital ( https://eddb.io/station/8468 ) in Ragnorak, for example, has both the Industrial and Refinery Economies, so I didn't know what kind of Material Trader was here until I docked. (As it turns out, Morgan Orbital has a Raw Trader.)

The type of search that I'm requesting would allow us users to filter for the specific type of Material Trader that we need, filtering out wrong or ambiguous types.

Thank you for reading!

An upcoming Elite patch will include more information about the economy logged in the Journal. Only then I will be able to make the selectable material trader more specific than it is now. Currently the economy list is not 100% accurate since the Journal only dumps the major economy.

Creating and operating EDDB is a great achievement, thank you!

Is there a set time when the factions.json and populated_systems.json are updated daily? I apologize if this data is available somewhere already, I recall seeing this somewhere, but I can't find it at the moment.

Creating and operating EDDB is a great achievement, thank you!

Is there a set time when the factions.json and populated_systems.json are updated daily? I apologize if this data is available somewhere already, I recall seeing this somewhere, but I can't find it at the moment.

It happens at night at around 5 AM UTC. You can also check https://eddb.io/api for the age of the files :)

Forgive a really dumb question, but having used the EDDB (and Inara) sites for a few years I thought I might like to help by adding data I collect, but I can't find any easy reference as to how. Inara talks about an API but that seems to be about downloading data from Inara, not uploading data to it, and the same for EDDB with the API page seemingly about downloading of various data from EDDB.

I've found the ROSS page and opened a system I'm interested in, for which its data is two days old. Do I just manually make changes, say to Minor Factions influence? It seems rather slow and prone to error. Is there a better (and faster) way I could upload data?

Forgive a really dumb question, but having used the EDDB (and Inara) sites for a few years I thought I might like to help by adding data I collect, but I can't find any easy reference as to how. Inara talks about an API but that seems to be about downloading data from Inara, not uploading data to it, and the same for EDDB with the API page seemingly about downloading of various data from EDDB.

I've found the ROSS page and opened a system I'm interested in, for which its data is two days old. Do I just manually make changes, say to Minor Factions influence? It seems rather slow and prone to error. Is there a better (and faster) way I could upload data?

I don't know if it will fulfil your requirements but EDDiscovery can update the EDDB automatically for you, just select EDDiscovery to sync to EDDB (I think it is on by default).

You can also use EDMC.

I am assuming that this question has already been asked, but I thought I would take the risk and ask it (again?).

Are Elite Dangerous console players (those Xbox One and PS4 guys....like me) left out of the loop when submitting data that has been collected (new planets/systems discovered, photos of such planets). I know that data does not register for console players such as it does for PC players with 3rd party tools, but I was wondering if there was a method for console players to submit data?

Thanks in advance to anyone that reads and responds to this particular question.

Hello,
I am starting in front-end web-development and am fascinated by your autogenerating inputs in your website (like on the page https://eddb.io/station). How do they work? Is there a library?

Edit: it appears to be a JS library named Select2.

Last edited:
Top Bottom