Regor Sector Systems ... Guardian Related?

I was randomly doing some research on the Unknown Permit locked systems, and read that every Regor Sector system is locked behind said permit... And that they were just a bit over 1000 Ly from the core worlds. This got me interested, so I pulled them up on the GalMap. And I realized that these systems were just a little bit farther out from the known Guardian systems... Starting just past the farthest one named by Ram Tah shortly after 3.0 dropped. I put on the "Guardian Civilization" and No Civilization filters, and looked around the area. Guardian systems surround the entirety of the Regor Sector. Some on every side, albeit scattered.

Now, I don't know if it's been suggested, but I think that these systems were, or, if you put on the tinfoil hats, are, the Guardian Core Systems.
I just wanted to leave this here and see what all of you think, and prompt some discussion. Have fun, Commanders!

I was randomly doing some research on the Unknown Permit locked systems, and read that every Regor Sector system is locked behind said permit... And that they were just a bit over 1000 Ly from the core worlds. This got me interested, so I pulled them up on the GalMap. And I realized that these systems were just a little bit farther out from the known Guardian systems... Starting just past the farthest one named by Ram Tah shortly after 3.0 dropped. I put on the "Guardian Civilization" and No Civilization filters, and looked around the area. Guardian systems surround the entirety of the Regor Sector. Some on every side, albeit scattered.

Now, I don't know if it's been suggested, but I think that these systems were, or, if you put on the tinfoil hats, are, the Guardian Core Systems.
I just wanted to leave this here and see what all of you think, and prompt some discussion. Have fun, Commanders!

The Regor Sector, and Gamma Velorum that it is about, have been permit locked since Gamma. I'm pretty convinced myself that the Guardian homeworld was somewhere there. I suspect somewhere in Regor Sector is a high metal content world with a pressure-cooker atmosphere suggestive of runaway global warming from the nuclear armageddon they inflicted on themselves. I don't think any Guardians still live, but I'm betting that the AI constructs they made still beaver about endlessly, waiting in vain for their creators to return.

Now the Thargoid homeworld, on the other hand, I suspect is in a bubble of normal space inside hyperspace like the Ariloulaleelay from Star Control.

Well I'm glad to know you can filter for Guardian planets on the Galmap! Was just about to set off on a tour of them.
Quick question: are the guardian sites vastly different from each other (I've been to 3)?
Also where do I find what looks to be Guardian hand signals? I have a theory after reading about them that I'd want to check out.

Regor Sector has been permit locked since day 1 and it was noticed at the same time as the Polaris permit lock.
FGE ran a survey to probe the edges of the region back in early 3301.
Given the proximity to the known Guardian sites and increase in locations as you get closer to the Regor bubble, it is almost a certainty that the Regor Sector is locked off because it contains what remains of the Guardian's bubble.

As others have pretty much said, it’s been established for a while that the Regor Sector seems to be more or less in the middle of that region of Guardian space.

Nevertheless, great work in spotting it yourself, so have a load of virtual +rep on top of the real rep. Keep up the good work, and come and join us on the main Guardians thread. :)

Well I'm glad to know you can filter for Guardian planets on the Galmap! Was just about to set off on a tour of them.
Quick question: are the guardian sites vastly different from each other (I've been to 3)?
Also where do I find what looks to be Guardian hand signals? I have a theory after reading about them that I'd want to check out.

Unless something’s changed, it’s only systems with the Ancient Ruins that show up via the Galmap filters, so you’ll only find the new sites if they’re in the same system as Ancient Ruins (which some are).

The Ancient Ruins have 3 varieties when it comes to overall shape, but with a fair bit of variety in the detail. I couldn’t say how many layouts there are for the new sites at the moment. Maybe someone else will be able to chip in with some info on that.

The hand signals are on the bottom couple of layers of the Relic Towers. (Although as one of the original proponents of the idea that those glyphs represent an early written version of the sign language, I do feel I should say that it isn’t yet conclusively proven! :) )

The Ancient Ruins have 3 varieties when it comes to overall shape, but with a fair bit of variety in the detail. I couldn’t say how many layouts there are for the new sites at the moment. Maybe someone else will be able to chip in with some info on that.

I've been to around 8 structures and every single one was a different style, no two were the same.

Unless something’s changed, it’s only systems with the Ancient Ruins that show up via the Galmap filters, so you’ll only find the new sites if they’re in the same system as Ancient Ruins (which some are).

The hand signals are on the bottom couple of layers of the Relic Towers. (Although as one of the original proponents of the idea that those glyphs represent an early written version of the sign language, I do feel I should say that it isn’t yet conclusively proven! :) )
Thanks for the info: I was thinking about them as a measure of time/distance. The gap in the fingers indicating the alignment of a heavenly object relative to the position of the settlement on the planet surface.

Now the Thargoid homeworld, on the other hand, I suspect is in a bubble of normal space inside hyperspace like the Ariloulaleelay from Star Control.

And so their home world bubble of real space is what we see on the other side of their exit wormholes.

Interesting idea, it that bubble could be any size.

And so their home world bubble of real space is what we see on the other side of their exit wormholes.

Interesting idea, it that bubble could be any size.

We know that the Thargoids have the capability to jump further and faster than any human ship and if INRA / Aegis / Drew Wagar is to be believed that current frameshift technology was reverse engineered from some Thargoid artefacts in 3270, and given that we know they can interdict inside hyperspace, which indicates free flight (a la supercruise) inside hyperspace, and given we know that they can create stable wormholes, it's not a far fetched idea that they could move an entire planet and its parent sun into hyperspace and keep it there indefinitely.

Maybe this is why they need to barnacle planets. A huge undertaking like that would require vast amount of energy and materials to upkeep.

The Regor Sector, and Gamma Velorum that it is about, have been permit locked since Gamma. I'm pretty convinced myself that the Guardian homeworld was somewhere there. I suspect somewhere in Regor Sector is a high metal content world with a pressure-cooker atmosphere suggestive of runaway global warming from the nuclear armageddon they inflicted on themselves. I don't think any Guardians still live, but I'm betting that the AI constructs they made still beaver about endlessly, waiting in vain for their creators to return.

I know this is a very treated cliché of science fiction. But it makes me terribly sad to think about those AIs waiting endlessly for the return of the same people they were created to protect. To the return of the same people they failed to protect.

I know this is a very treated cliché of science fiction. But it makes me terribly sad to think about those AIs waiting endlessly for the return of the same people they were created to protect. To the return of the same people they failed to protect.

This speculation is based on Ram Tah guardian logs...

As far as i understand it, these AI constructs were the ones that wiped out their creators, the guardian race. I do doubt they are waiting for their creators to return, why would they?
Now, these guardian AI constructs might still be in these original guardian systems (Regor sector), perhaps making sure that any possible surviving guardian stragglers dont return to claim their systems.

This speculation is based on Ram Tah guardian logs...

As far as i understand it, these AI constructs were the ones that wiped out their creators, the guardian race. I do doubt they are waiting for their creators to return, why would they?
Now, these guardian AI constructs might still be in these original guardian systems (Regor sector), perhaps making sure that any possible surviving guardian stragglers dont return to claim their systems.

It's quite possible. This also worries me because now we have Guardian technologies and weapons, they might think that we are they.

It's quite possible. This also worries me because now we have Guardian technologies and weapons, they might think that we are they.

Yes, they might initially think that we are guardians if we use their technologies. But lets not forget that these AI constructs are not stupid. They will quickly notice, after first few encounters, when they analyze our bio signs (maybe bodies from wreckage) and dna that we are not guardians. They might first find out a bit more about human race, but once our violent nature is fully revealed to them, they might attempt to eradicate us like they destroyed the original guardians.

Last edited:
We know that the Thargoids have the capability to jump further and faster than any human ship and if INRA / Aegis / Drew Wagar is to be believed that current frameshift technology was reverse engineered from some Thargoid artefacts in 3270, and given that we know they can interdict inside hyperspace, which indicates free flight (a la supercruise) inside hyperspace, and given we know that they can create stable wormholes, it's not a far fetched idea that they could move an entire planet and its parent sun into hyperspace and keep it there indefinitely.

Maybe this is why they need to barnacle planets. A huge undertaking like that would require vast amount of energy and materials to upkeep.

Actually INRA says the Wormhole drive is vastly different the the Spacial Compression drives humanity use.

Also funny as the Velorum "constellation" is in Star Control

Last edited:
Actually INRA says the Wormhole drive is vastly different the the Spacial Compression drives humanity use.

Maybe, but I did to go Alpha Vulpeculae and noted the lack of incomprehensible fish-aliens who were actually the strangely friendly emanations of an eldritch abomination. Or maybe I'm just being *silly cows* and not a *happy camper*.

You forget that INRA said that 100 years before the FSD, and while it compresses space for supercruise, I don't remember witch space jumps being explained with the drive.

Top Bottom