Patch Notes Update Update 3.0.4

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Still no fix for the common Galaxy Map crash? (Seems almost certain when you first start the game, and then open the map.)

If you are on Steam, best to open up your Steam client and let IT handle the updates for ED. Using the Launcher to handle updates with a Steam based version of the game can lead to problems.

Speaking from first hand experience with that.

If you are on Xbox, it could just be a propagation thing with XBL.

If you're on Xbox, try restarting your console. An update appears upon restart.

ex

I still think that you should be allowed to outfit a hotship in an anarchy station (assuming the station has an outfitting shop). Nowhere else, but anarchies aren't supposed to care about any rules other than their own docking regulations so long as they make a profit. I understand that this could be exploited, but se la vie. If you use that module on a clean ship, it's going to come up in a scan and show as wanted so you'd be screwed if you tried doing that. I'd say the only thing you could probably do is sell the thing for whatever they'll give you for it. Unless you want to leave it on the original hotship and then clean the ship via the IF crew. But restricting services in an anarchy station, when none of their docking regulations have been violated, just sounds like a bad idea to me.

Simply showering with the dogs whilst feeding them solves this whole situation. *taps temple* THINK man..

Or do what an old work colleague used to and ........well.....er.....let’s just say he liberally applied dog food and got his dogs to give HIM a bath. That’s an image once in never gone I’ve carried it for 25yrs still as the colonials like to tell us it’s good to share.

A previously known bug about npc power plants seem to have not been addressed.
And still no fix for the NPC power plant bug...
I don't know about NPCs and their priority management but I have a FAS that's entirely capable of continuing to maneuver and shoot people in the face with its power plant at 0 integrity.
Elevated risk of spontaneous disassembly notwithstanding.

Woot! Thanks for all the fixes, FD! We appreciate the response hot on the heels of the 3.0 and 3.03 releases.

For the most part, things are getting better with each patch drop... of course, there are some things arguably worse but it's all part of working out kinks and seeing how they do in real-game with real-players. :)

I don't know about NPCs and their priority management but I have a FAS that's entirely capable of continuing to maneuver and shoot people in the face with its power plant at 0 integrity.
Elevated risk of spontaneous disassembly notwithstanding.

Well, that is because a PP at 0% still has about 50% of it's power output. This is the case with players as well.

I think what the main beef is the combination of taking the PP out to 0%, then the ship is still thrusting and spinning about. Even then hitting the engines it will continue in it's spin mode making pirating cargo a pain if not impossible depending on the ship spin and dead-drift velocity.

I kind of like this dynamic as it seems a bit more real. A damaged ship with malfunctioning gear may spin/drift in zero gravity vacuum. It's almost like we need a "pirate tether" so pirates can rope-in a disabled ship, set it still, then bust out the hatch-breakers. Maybe even use the tether to get a selfie with the pilot in the disabled ship... sitting helpless. :)

Well, that is because a PP at 0% still has about 50% of it's power output. This is the case with players as well.

I think what the main beef is the combination of taking the PP out to 0%, then the ship is still thrusting and spinning about. Even then hitting the engines it will continue in it's spin mode making pirating cargo a pain if not impossible depending on the ship spin and dead-drift velocity.

I kind of like this dynamic as it seems a bit more real. A damaged ship with malfunctioning gear may spin/drift in zero gravity vacuum. It's almost like we need a "pirate tether" so pirates can rope-in a disabled ship, set it still, then bust out the hatch-breakers. Maybe even use the tether to get a selfie with the pilot in the disabled ship... sitting helpless. :)
That would be cool :) Next step is boarding the other ship (in version 30.5).

To answer my own question, it still seems that you cannot locate with either the ads or by dropping into the nav beacon, so im out of here.

Yes you can have my stuff.

To answer my own question, it still seems that you cannot locate with either the ads or by dropping into the nav beacon, so im out of here.

Yes you can have my stuff.
to answer your own question ... now we have serious issues ...we have mental passionate talking to groups of imaginary people ! - we are totally doomed .

The changes to Crime & Punishment are a reasonable compromise, but I hope FDev abandon plans to soften it any further. If anything, it is now time to consider toughening it up in other places-increasing the size of bounties for repeat offenses, adding a 25% fee to bounty cleanig, & have bounties above a certain amount clearable only by Death.

Jesus. Take a walk or something. Read a book. And take some of the others with you. Don’t want to quote all that apparently didn’t get a hug this morning.
Thanks FDev!

Why because he's right? You can go if you can't stand some criticism which Fdevs deserved. Elite is not free to play game, devs should respect what players want.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom