Hi folks,

I recently picked the game up on PS4 and I’m having quite a lot of fun. I’ve already purchased a new ship, an Adder, and I’m in the process of working towards a DBX. I have gone through all 139 pages spanning years or theories and speculations and I thought I would throw my two cents in here. Mind you, I’ve never played or read anything related to Elite. All my theories are coming from this thread along with the Wiki.

Scouring this thread I’ve seen quite a lot of possibilities as to why it Raxxla hasn’t been found yet. I’m thinking it has something to do with being behind a content wall. This point isn’t really too sound with FD saying that it’s been around since day one.

I feel that we wont be able to get any solid evidence prior to Q4 this year with the big update due to FD wanted to set framework in place that will allow us to do more on-planet, more with phenomena and various anomalies and due to the Krait being released.

Reading the Wiki and the info for ED: Beyond, a big factor will be needing the Krait initially to find the Gateway needed to get to Raxxla. In terms of why the Krait will be needed is due to it being in the original Elite and it was an old antiquated model being rereleased Faulcon DeLacy, who has strong ties with Sirius Corp for their drives and such. The Krait will feature a newer drive that they will boast that is cutting edge, and only usable in the Krait for proprietary reasons. The drive will be the key that is also the door. The Krait itself will be locked behind at least one elite status. FD stated that Raxxla is part of a personal journey knowing that not everyone will be aiming for triple or quadruple elite status.

With zooming around the bubble in their new Krait, they will come across various phenomena and anomalies, when these are scanned, you will start to get bread crumbs for Raxxla. Through these bread crumbs, there will be new ways to engineer scanners and such. Once we have a trail, we will be lead to the Gateway. Now, I stated that the FSD is the key. The Gateway itself will be dormant until the CMDR flies close enough in the Krait, then it will become active and they can use it.

The Gateway will transport CMDRs to another region in the Milky Way where they will be able to find Raxxla.

Please note, I am just throwing things out there based on the roadmap and theory.

I think I might have figured out something. I say, I, but there have been others who have assisted to find the next clues with this. Specifically certain Canonn members.
This idea was first sparked by myself having the idea to input the planets, races and systems found in the Alien world's index into my Nav panel. I was surprised to find that there are indeed things to be found from doing that.

In the Alien World The Complete Illustrated Guide they tell the story of The Oisir-Raxxla and they tell the story of how they had found earth and founded Egypt. Soon after, they had created the pyramids and the pyramids were the stabilizers of the Talmor Lens, which gave them the ability to manipulate time and space. Although, the builders of the pyramids (stabilizers) had been born, raised and many died on the task ships that got them to Earth (basically generation ships) and they had forgotten exactly how to build the stabilizers and lenses and they messed up by pointing the pyramids at the stars, spelling the end to their dream. However, the Egyptians named the Oisir-Raxxla, Horus.

What I found in the index which did match up in my Nav were (these are not all Egyptian god names, but they are in the galaxy map) Algol, Almar (almarian race), Ghosts of Shulmeirik (Ghost of Jupiter Sector?) seem like an odd name to be in game if it has no ties to the book, Rana Federation (Rana just so happens to be a Fed controlled system) and Horus.

Using an online library of Egyptian God names (After having discovered Horus and Ra to be systems), I have found that there are Numerous systems named after Egyptian deity's and gods. All of them are very close to one another. Basically their own little bubble, within the bubble.

The current rumor in game has it that Raxxla has been found and that someone, or some group, secretly control it, protect it and keep it hidden.

What is basically smack dab in the middle of this bubble within the bubble? Sirius....
The ones who think they're so powerful that they can populate the entire galaxy.

Here's the gif showing all of the bookmarked Egyptian god systems + Polaris. [video]https://gfycat.com/TepidWholeDipper[/url]
Here's the list I used to cross check Egyptian god names into my Nav panel. https://www.ancient.eu/article/885/egyptian-gods---the-complete-list/

Good work. We have several things pointing loosely to Sirius at the moment. Among them the Egyptian Isis/Osiris/Horus connection to Alien World.

If you search in this thread, you wil see a few other possible pointer.

There is an actual scientific paper from 1994, that lists stable orbits for a potential Sirius C.
I’ll pot the link, when I get of the phone.

Edit: don’t put to much into the system names. There is hardly an ancient deity without a star system in ED. ;)

Last edited:
It's not Sirius, it's Polaris. Raxxla is in Polaris, however I'm not sure if it is a planet actually.

The stable portal to Witchspace is in Polaris and Sirius is possibly an exit to a one way (or currently one way) wormhole to Polaris. That's why it is a Waypoint. I also thint Sirius Corp "lost" the secret to how to properly open the wormhole and this is what they are really researching...

Which begs the question ... one of the two planets in the Sirius system is a gas giant named "Waypoint". Waypoint to what? What is it pointing to?

Check page 3. I think it is quite obvious what Waypoint is in that context. It's a lighthouse.

http://www.starlearner.com/new-course/documents/3.1e Finding Polaris and Sirius.pdf

Supplementary info:

That mention in the books about people already being on Raxxla? That won't back down from hiring assassins to stop the ones on the track?
That's Sirius Corp. As you know Raxxla contains portals to "other dimensions" - that is obviously the stable gateway to Witchspace. The home of you know who and say with me what is the most important "invention" of Sirius Corp (they actually obtained the research data form Alliance and they used it to build a prototype)?
Yeah, Frame Shift Drive. Such coincidence, much mystery.
Another thing - Antares event. The ship "disappeared" when performing the experiment. Remember Event Horizon? It went into the witchspace and exited at the ONLY known stable exit point. Raxxla. Later on we've found its "remains".
Further - Polaris alternative name apart from Alpha Ursae Minoris and North Star is... Star of Arcady. Yes, the mythical Arcadia as people call it.
So, to sum it up - it's Polaris ;)
As David Braben said it is in range of a stock Cobra III:

https://coriolis.edcd.io/outfit/cob...1/kA==.Aw1/kA==..EweloBhBGA2EoFMCGBzANokMK6A=

Jump range total 467LY. Polaris from LHS 3447 - 436.13LY. Remember you are not moving at a straight line.

Or and it's not like Lucifer would be the symbolical leader of the Dark Wheel.

Also, Polaris is a trinary system.

Polaris

Last edited:
It's not Sirius, it's Polaris. Raxxla is in Polaris, however I'm not sure if it is a planet actually.

The stable portal to Witchspace is in Polaris and Sirius is possibly an exit to a one way (or currently one way) wormhole to Polaris. That's why it is a Waypoint. I also thint Sirius Corp "lost" the secret to how to properly open the wormhole and this is what they are really researching...

Check page 3. I think it is quite obvious what Waypoint is in that context. It's a lighthouse.

http://www.starlearner.com/new-course/documents/3.1e Finding Polaris and Sirius.pdf

Supplementary info:

That mention in the books about people already being on Raxxla? That won't back down from hiring assassins to stop the ones on the track?
That's Sirius Corp. As you know Raxxla contains portals to "other dimensions" - that is obviously the stable gateway to Witchspace. The home of you know who and say with me what is the most important "invention" of Sirius Corp (they actually obtained the research data form Alliance and they used it to build a prototype)?
Yeah, Frame Shift Drive. Such coincidence, much mystery.
Another thing - Antares event. The ship "disappeared" when performing the experiment. Remember Event Horizon? It went into the witchspace and exited at the ONLY known stable exit point. Raxxla. Later on we've found its "remains".
Further - Polaris alternative name apart from Alpha Ursae Minoris and North Star is... Star of Arcady. Yes, the mythical Arcadia as people call it.
So, to sum it up - it's Polaris ;)
As David Braben said it is in range of a stock Cobra III:

https://coriolis.edcd.io/outfit/cob...1/kA==.Aw1/kA==..EweloBhBGA2EoFMCGBzANokMK6A=

Jump range total 467LY. Polaris from LHS 3447 - 436.13LY. Remember you are not moving at a straight line.

Or and it's not like Lucifer would be the symbolical leader of the Dark Wheel.

Also, Polaris is a trinary system.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polaris#/media/File:Polaris_system.jpg

Good stuff. Polaris has always been an interesting system in Elite: Dangerous and myself and others have brought it up as a candidate for possible connection to Raxxla. It is currently permit locked but those of us familiar with Frontier: First Encounters will recall it's connection with the Thargoids. I've always found it interesting that the Thargoids at Polaris were capable of opening a gateway to send that player to what is presumed to be the Thargoid's homeworld ... one of my backburner theories has been that finding Raxxla will require becoming allied with the Thargoids in order to access this technology. Polaris may not be Raxxla itself but rather the Key/Door to accessing it. Perhaps this is what Jason Ryder did ... and that encounter may have been what preceded mankind's first encounters with the Thargoids around the time of CMDR Jameson.

Like I said though. Backburner theory. Without a way to acquire a Polaris permit or begin to make friends with the Thargoids there isn't any way to put it to the test.

As to Waypoint being a lighthouse; I'm familiar with how to use various asterisms to locate specific stars in the night sky. I live in a rural area of the United States. On a clear and moonless night the Milky Way shines very brilliantly and I enjoy scanning the heavens via backyard telescope. This doesn't explain why one of Sirius' planets would bear the name "Waypoint" though. I totally agree with you though that Sirius Corporation is definitely on the top of the list of suspects for being the evil and twisted men who are exploiting Raxxla.

... do you have a source for DB stating that Raxxla is within the Range of a Cobra Mk III? I'm not familiar with the quotation.

I went to Irandan and found the Sirius outpost, Fourier Horizon. Non-enterable. Heavily defended. Ammonia giant in the system. Manifest scanned the ships coming in and out with no luck. Wake scanned an orca and ended up next system over on some star and then the orca vanished.

Apologies folks, I am not an expert at these things - how is the jump range of 467Ly achieved with the MkIII above? Is it to do with the fuel tanks?

That is total range without refuelling. It still requires multiple jumps.

You can also go a lot further if you use economical jumps. That calculation assumes max range jumps which are not very fuel efficient.

As for it being in range of a stock Cobra Mk3, well, you could still travel a long way in one. Even assuming 1.0 modules Beagle Point or thereabouts is technically speaking in range.

What i prefer to think about is the old FSDs which took a week to make a long jump and the 1 year decay on the drive system.

Bearing in mind people went to Raxxla and returned in their own lifetimes, then the far side of the galaxy is unlikely, and if we accept the 1 year need to repair the jumpdrive, then its not more than half a year away.

If we take a Frontier CM3 with a size 3 drive it has a 27LY range. Let's say 25LY average jumps, and 26 jumps (half a year), and that would mean Raxxla is within 650 LY of the old systems. Which fits with my pet theory that many people have been to the system where it exists and that its either well hidden or very far out from the sun.

That is total range without refuelling. It still requires multiple jumps.

You can also go a lot further if you use economical jumps. That calculation assumes max range jumps which are not very fuel efficient.

As for it being in range of a stock Cobra Mk3, well, you could still travel a long way in one. Even assuming 1.0 modules Beagle Point or thereabouts is technically speaking in range.

What i prefer to think about is the old FSDs which took a week to make a long jump and the 1 year decay on the drive system.

Bearing in mind people went to Raxxla and returned in their own lifetimes, then the far side of the galaxy is unlikely, and if we accept the 1 year need to repair the jumpdrive, then its not more than half a year away.

If we take a Frontier CM3 with a size 3 drive it has a 27LY range. Let's say 25LY average jumps, and 26 jumps (half a year), and that would mean Raxxla is within 650 LY of the old systems. Which fits with my pet theory that many people have been to the system where it exists and that its either well hidden or very far out from the sun.

Thanks Agony Aunt, that makes sense now.

Perhaps the hint that it can be discovered using a MkIII implies that it is much closer to the bubble than we think - and is a theory many here (including myself) believe. I remember the early days (was it alpha or beta pre-release?) of eye-balling systems for planets/bodies before the introduction of the discovery scanner. Like many, I have the sneaking suspicion that it's out there, we just need to spot it. Perhaps I am wrong though, but it just wouldn't make sense to place it randomly somewhere in the galaxy.

If they've stuck to the lore, then your approximation of being well within 1K Ly of the bubble makes sense.

Perhaps the hint that it can be discovered using a MkIII implies that it is much closer to the bubble than we think

Before I put bank on that as a clue I need to know where that hint comes from and what context it was given. If David Braben ever said anything about Raxxla being within discovery range of a Cobra Mk III then that is totally news to me. I have a sneaking suspicion that hints from the Formidine Rift mystery may once again be mingling with the quest for Raxxla.

Before I put bank on that as a clue I need to know where that hint comes from and what context it was given. If David Braben ever said anything about Raxxla being within discovery range of a Cobra Mk III then that is totally news to me. I have a sneaking suspicion that hints from the Formidine Rift mystery may once again be mingling with the quest for Raxxla.

I am 99% sure there was a Q&A between at least DB and some other developers about such things; it's related to a previous post I made here, but can't seem to find any links to it now. It's not the talk with MB that is well documented, but way back in time to that event ("the interview"). I've had no success with searches.

Actually, I am wondering if it's in a video as being as text search are not coming up with anything.

I don't know. I'd think that if DBOBE had mentioned anything about Raxxla it would have been pretty well documented. The only thing I've ever heard about him even mentioning Raxxla has been when Drew Wagar related his conversation with David in which he was told, "It’s out there and we (FD) know where it is." If there is something else out there then it is very imperative that we find it along with the exact words he used and the context of the conversation.

Indeed the cobra reference was a part of some interview. My brain may be playing tricks on me but I would say that interview had both Sando and David in it whatever it was.

My autistic "pattern detector sense" also picked up that Alioth bay be an important part to the puzzle. It may actually contain a hint or straight up way to open Polaris. Bifrost reference and the Golden Gate in the same system that supposedly has a crashed vessel that was able to bypass permits.

So, we now have Alioth and Sirius, both having almost exactly same gas giants - one named Waypoint other called Bifrost https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bifröst

If that is a coincidence It would be a massive one.

So we have the Gate (Raxxla in Polaris), the Bridge (Bifrost in Alioth) and the Way (Waypoint in Sirius).

Last edited:
Indeed the cobra reference was a part of some interview. My brain may be playing tricks on me but I would say that interview had both Sando and David in it whatever it was.

Driving me nuts! Two people with the same/similar memory. Gotta track that down!

My autistic "pattern detector sense" also picked up that Alioth bay be an important part to the puzzle. It may actually contain a hint or straight up way to open Polaris. Bifrost reference and the Golden Gate in the same system that supposedly has a crashed vessel that was able to bypass permits.

So, we now have Alioth and Sirius, both having almost exactly same gas giants - one named Waypoint other called Bifrost https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bifröst

If that is a coincidence It would be a massive one.

So we have the Gate (Raxxla in Polaris), the Bridge (Bifrost in Alioth) and the Way (Waypoint in Sirius).

Apologies... Bifrost? What does that mean? I don't understand the meaning here. Is it a reference to an out-of-game idea, or means something in another language?

POST EDIT: Forget it, found it. Rainbow bridge in Norse mythology. My Scandinavian great-great-grandmother would be ashamed of me!

POST POST EDIT: AND you supplied a link. I don't think I'll ever find Raxxla if I missed that... No breakfast, too much coffee (is there such a thing?), feeling a little jittery...

Last edited:
Apologies... Bifrost? What does that mean? I don't understand the meaning here. Is it a reference to an out-of-game idea, or means something in another language?

Bifrost. The Rainbow Bridge. Norse Mythology. Links Midgard (Earth) to Asgard (sort of Heaven).

Needs to be something that comes from the books to hold value in this search. Sadly. I have all sorts of ideas but if they don't apply to the story than I try to shy away. The rabbit trails are already everywhere with the story alone.

Top Bottom