Elite Shipyard

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
There seems to be a problem with the new look using Chrome on Windows 10. I can see the shipyard and saved builds, but clicking on a ship or build does not load the ship or build. I can access the ship or build I clicked by clicking on the outfitting tab after clicking the ship or build. Also, the statistics panels at the bottom do not populate with information. https://imgur.com/a/Fd2ZI

Last edited:
Thanks for the great update, changing modules on a mobile device works fine now (and the maximum mass stat was adapted).

Last edited:
Nice update.
I'm liking it better. The module storage seems to work great although I didn't extensively test it.

I would ask for more description on the experimental effects so the ones without text describe what they are statistically doing. I suspect not everyone knows those by heart.

Is there enough room to add a second weapon attribute column drop down?

There seems to be a problem with the new look using Chrome on Windows 10. I can see the shipyard and saved builds, but clicking on a ship or build does not load the ship or build. I can access the ship or build I clicked by clicking on the outfitting tab after clicking the ship or build. Also, the statistics panels at the bottom do not populate with information. https://imgur.com/a/Fd2ZI

Same problem with same OS and browser. Was not present until alpha 4.

Also clicks to change pips don't seem to work (highlight registers but no pip change), and when first adding a module, no engineering options available, have to click off of it and back on the update UI. Oh and the new ATTRS tab doesn't display anything with Chrome.

Verified all this works fine with Firefox Win 10, just a Chrome problem.

Last edited:
Same problem with same OS and browser. Was not present until alpha 4.

Also clicks to change pips don't seem to work (highlight registers but no pip change), and when first adding a module, no engineering options available, have to click off of it and back on the update UI. Oh and the new ATTRS tab doesn't display anything with Chrome.

Verified all this works fine with Firefox Win 10, just a Chrome problem.
That's very strange, because my own primary browser is Chrome on Win 10 and it works fine for me; what version of Chrome are you using? I'm on 64.0.3282.186 (64 bit) but there's an update I'll install now, maybe their latest broke something.

Oh, I think it's just a cache problem again; after updating I had an error because the HTML and JS were out of sync, which I fixed with shift-F5 to force refresh all content (and I bet it worked for you in Firefox because that browser had no cache of the old version). I really need to figure out some way to deal with my hosting provider's super aggressive caching causing this stuff to get out of sync after updates.

That's very strange, because my own primary browser is Chrome on Win 10 and it works fine for me; what version of Chrome are you using? I'm on 64.0.3282.186 (64 bit) but there's an update I'll install now, maybe their latest broke something.
Same OS, same browser version as you, and I have the problem described above, as of alpha 4. Also, double-clicking a module installs it but no longer highlights it, so another click on the installed module is necessary before selecting any engineering to it.

Also, the bottom left section with the power management does not display properly, there are 8 large grey buttons for AVL, SYS, ENG and so on, and no visual change to them when clicking on for instance ENG. These grey old windows-style buttons also make an appearance top left, the row of buttons above the engineering field. The row of the same buttons above the middle section still look the same as before.

Edit: Shift-F5 has indeed solved it. Could've sworn I tried that first, but maybe I just have too many tabs open that I switch between.

Last edited:
The ATTRS tab looks a good addition. I especially like the normal font, and the black background, as I'm not a fan of the blocky all-caps font or the orange-on-orange elsewhere in the new design.

Functionally I'm getting used to the new design, though for legibility I still feel it trails the old one. I know you're squeezing a lot more functionality into it, so it is possibly inevitable. The tables section along the bottom feels especially busy - I think the sub-sections could do with a little more air between, defining each section more clearly. But I'm using a normal desktop monitor, I don't know what space restraints you're working within for use with other devices. And again, I personally feel the blocky font adds to the business (eh, busy-ness? : ) of it. Could be just me.

Edit, for the sake of not serial-posting too much:

In ATTRS for hardpoints you've put a dropdown menu where each selection only shows one value, which seems to underuse the space to me. For instance, the sustained values would to my eyes fit next to the unsustained ones, unless I'm missing something. With fewer selections, perhaps they could also be selected by a row of buttons rather than a dropdown? I know it's a first draft, and that getting all relevant info at once would take too much space, but those are just my initial thoughts. Thanks for the good work.

Last edited:
Oh, I think it's just a cache problem again; after updating I had an error because the HTML and JS were out of sync, which I fixed with shift-F5 to force refresh all content (and I bet it worked for you in Firefox because that browser had no cache of the old version). I really need to figure out some way to deal with my hosting provider's super aggressive caching causing this stuff to get out of sync after updates.

Yep that was it! Totally skipped my mind to try that. Tested out all the problems I mentioned and all working fine.

Last edited:

Deleted member 110222

D
Hi OP, just wanted to say that the Guardian power plant can be engineered on your site. Obviously this isn't representative of the game. Not a major issue, but thought you should know.

Hi taleden! Overall ship armor resistance calculation is wrong, plz correct the maths. It seems FD changed the way resistances stacked in last updates. Anyway, great tool. Thank you.

Last edited:
There are currently 4 grades for the Shield Cell Bank engineering recipes available in the shipyard, however ingame there are only 3 grades available. Would it be possible to remove the non-existing grade?

How can I import/export ships on the EDSY new look webpage? Thanks!

I believe it's not implemented yet in the new interface. By the look of it the dev(s) are adding the new data, will solidify that and iron out conversion issues and then implement profiles fully.

Are the crew/distributor settings really more intuitive down in the stats panel? The layout there got a little janky, and I had to squeeze the power draw display which I'm not thrilled about; maybe it would be better to go in the opposite direction and move the current fuel/cargo levels into the build panel?
I guess it’s a matter of getting used to it being at the bottom rather than near the top… That said, the power draw display could use more horizontal space indeed.

I’m not sure what resolution you’re aiming for, but at the nowadays most common desktop (1920px horizontal) there’s still quite a bit of space left to expand the bottom panel.

Is it okay for stored modules to have a "universal" namespace, so (for example) a stored Beam called "Long Range 5" would overwrite a stored Cannon called "Long Range 5"? Or should stored module names be per-module (i.e. 1E/F Beam), or per-type (i.e. Beam Lasers)?
Per-module, absolutely, for a very simple reason: modules are shared between the old and the new site, and the old site uses per-module name spaces. In fact, I do have different engineered modules saved under the same name; the new site cannot access the duplicates, and I don’t even want to find out what will happen if I save one of those modules in the new site.

By the way, the Stored Modules view should show module class and rating next to the saved name, for the same reason; since the old site does not even show saved modules that do not match the selected class and rating, I quickly stopped bothering to include module names (much less class/rating) in the saved names. Renaming all the modules now would be a PITA.

The dropdown to quick-load a stored module from the module details panel currently filters the list by module (i.e. 1E/F Beam); should that instead show all stored modules of the current type (i.e. Beam Lasers)?
IMHO not; we have the left panel for that. (See above…)

Are the choices of attributes to show in the new toggleable column appropriate for each module type? The goal is to offer the most important things to see at a glance or compare between slots, without taking up a ton of space for things that aren't usually important (you can always see everything in the details panel anyway).
On a quick glance, the choices seem reasonable. I’m a bit torn on the weapon attributes, though; on the one hand, the raw vs sustained values are really useful; on the other, just one attribute seems a waste of space. (Edit: Zarquon had a few good ideas a few posts up.)

Besides, I still miss the old ‘attributes dump’ mode. As it is, it seems the attributes have been chosen to avoid line wrapping at all costs; what makes it really annoying is the fact that module names frequently wrap, leaving lots of unused space. Of course, I’m fully aware that modules with long names are seldom those with many attributes; my point is, if it’s not possible to consistently have one line per item anyway, then why avoid adding more attributes? The layout is not going to get clunkier than it already is.
And in case some people prefer the limited attributes mode (i.e. the current way) – perhaps we could access the ‘dump’ mode via an extra button (like this: |MASS|POWER|ATTRS|+|PRICE|)?

Oh, and again, thank you very much for all the hard work you’re putting into the Shipyard!

Last edited:
o7
Under the new interface, I can't select a proper power plant for my ship. I can see only a class 2 power plant and guardian power plants with classes 2-8. Does anyone have the same issue?

Is there a tutorial on how to insert the data for engineered modules etc. I am a long time Coriolis user but it hasn't been updated to v3.5 yet so thought I would give EDShipyard a try. However when I enter eg a mass of -22.4% into a G5 Overcharged Beam Laser it reverts to 0, I tried moving the cursor in the blue slider manually along to -22.4 but can only get it to -21.7. I think I am doing something wrong but unsure what?. If it was so difficult people wouldn't use it and they do so the problem must be on my side. It doesn't seem as straightforward as Coriolis to me. Anyway 59 pages is a lot to read so I would appreciate a heads up to a tutorial or like.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom