Elite Shipyard

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Would it be possibly to make the shield regen rates dynamic based on pip distribution? I believe the values displayed for both regen and broken regen are best possible with 3+ pips to sys. Would be nice to see what happens to those numbers at 1-2 pips.

Would it be possibly to make the shield regen rates dynamic based on pip distribution? I believe the values displayed for both regen and broken regen are best possible with 3+ pips to sys. Would be nice to see what happens to those numbers at 1-2 pips.

Are you sure...? I wasn't aware that Sys pips could affect active shield regen rates (except by preventing the Sys Cap emptying, at which point regen ceases).

Are you sure...? I wasn't aware that Sys pips could affect active shield regen rates (except by preventing the Sys Cap emptying, at which point regen ceases).

Yes, but in a round about way. For example, when shields are up on a biweave fdl, only 1.5 pips to sys is needed to maintain the mj's needed for max regen with a charge enhanced distributor. When shields are down on a biweave fdl, 3 sys pips are needed to maintain best broken regen with a charge enhanced distributor. I only know those numbers cause coriolis factored them, but coriolis isn't up to date for engineers anymore, last I looked.

Last edited:
However when I enter eg a mass of -22.4% into a G5 Overcharged Beam Laser it reverts to 0, I tried moving the cursor in the blue slider manually along to -22.4 but can only get it to -21.7. I think I am doing something wrong but unsure what?
You have to enter the actual values, not percentages. For example, a 3C gimballed beam laser has the stock mass of 8t. 8 minus 22.4% equals 6.208 – that’s the value you want to enter manually.

If you play on the PC then the easiest way is to install E:D Market Connector and set it up to write ship load-outs into files. You can then drag&drop those files into E:D Shipyard. (Currently works only with the old E:D Shipyard interface.)

How can I import/export ships on the EDSY new look webpage? Thanks!
You have to enter the actual values, not percentages. For example, a 3C gimballed beam laser has the stock mass of 8t. 8 minus 22.4% equals 6.208 – that’s the value you want to enter manually.

If you play on the PC then the easiest way is to install E:D Market Connector and set it up to write ship load-outs into files. You can then drag&drop those files into E:D Shipyard. (Currently works only with the old E:D Shipyard interface.)
Is there a tutorial on how to insert the data for engineered modules etc. I am a long time Coriolis user but it hasn't been updated to v3.5 yet so thought I would give EDShipyard a try. However when I enter eg a mass of -22.4% into a G5 Overcharged Beam Laser it reverts to 0, I tried moving the cursor in the blue slider manually along to -22.4 but can only get it to -21.7. I think I am doing something wrong but unsure what?. If it was so difficult people wouldn't use it and they do so the problem must be on my side. It doesn't seem as straightforward as Coriolis to me. Anyway 59 pages is a lot to read so I would appreciate a heads up to a tutorial or like.

EDMarketConnector can be used with the new inferface. Basically, set it to export as usual, click on the Ship's name on EDMC (when in the Ship), it'll open up EDSY in your browser. In the Address Bar, go to the [edshipyard.com/#/shipnamehere] section and type in /new so it looks like this [edshipyard.com/new/#/shipnamehere], it'll have the engineer values and all modules correct. The only thing it doesn't do is display the name of your Experimental Effect in the drop-down menu, but it does have the values. If you add the Experimental from the drop-down, it'll double-up the values, so if you want/need the Experimental name upon export, just change the grade (then click whichever blue wheel to correspond of your "roll" in that grade to enable said grade) to reset it all so you can add Experimentals and have the name shown for all future links.

@Saltyseadog - If you use the new interface (says "click here for the new user interface" at the top of the page, or simply use the http://www.edshipyard.com/new/ url), it's vastly more intuitive than before, resembles Coriolis in ways so feels more familiar, and the layout is really nice, compared to the older version.
Obviously the new layout works with the current Engineer modules and values, so if you're using Legacy modules, you'll need the older one/Coriolis.

o7
Under the new interface, I can't select a proper power plant for my ship. I can see only a class 2 power plant and guardian power plants with classes 2-8. Does anyone have the same issue?

As previously asked, which ship? Can you be more specific at all? I've had no issues with EDSY under the new interface (other than some difficulties on mobile version).

My main reason was simply to give a huge thanks to the EDSY team/people/person. It really is a massive improvement and huge help! I love the new layout and it's the only reason I use it now, before it seemed very Windows 1 to me, and I didn't ever get a feel for it.
The only thing it lacks for me personally, is the ability to export a .json file for adding to my fleet in Inara, like with Coriolis. However both have their uses so I can't and won't complain at all, I'm grateful for both (and infact all) those that've spent time and effort making these tools/sites available for our uses. They're a huge part of the game for myself and many others.

Thank you.

Last edited:
EDMarketConnector can be used with the new inferface. Basically, set it to export as usual, click on the Ship's name on EDMC (when in the Ship), it'll open up EDSY in your browser.

Ah right – I forgot about that feature of EDMC. (I use EDMC but not that particular feature, for complicated reasons.)

In the Address Bar, go to the [edshipyard.com/#/shipnamehere] section and type in /new so it looks like this [edshipyard.com/new/#/shipnamehere], it'll have the engineer values and all modules correct.

Another way is to save the loadout, then switch to the new EDSY look, select the proper ship type and select the loadout from the drop-down list.

The only thing it doesn't do is display the name of your Experimental Effect in the drop-down menu, but it does have the values. If you add the Experimental from the drop-down, it'll double-up the values, so if you want/need the Experimental name upon export, just change the grade (then click whichever blue wheel to correspond of your "roll" in that grade to enable said grade) to reset it all so you can add Experimentals and have the name shown for all future links.

This won't work if your roll does not match exactly one of the pre-defined EDSY rolls, however. In that case the only option at the moment is to adjust the values manually afterwards.

I love the new layout and it's the only reason I use it now, before it seemed very Windows 1 to me

TBH, that’s what I like in the old interface :D

Also I find the old interface to be much more responsive.

can use the present version okay but when I click on the link to the new version I get an "Unresponsive Script warning" and it freezes up my Pale Moon browser. thinking it may be a browser issue I tried to open it in Microsoft Edge but got the same outcome. Anyone else having problems with this and how do I resolve it?. Windows 10 64 bit system all updates and my browsers are also 64bit if this could have a bearing.

can use the present version okay but when I click on the link to the new version I get an "Unresponsive Script warning" and it freezes up my Pale Moon browser. thinking it may be a browser issue I tried to open it in Microsoft Edge but got the same outcome. Anyone else having problems with this and how do I resolve it?. Windows 10 64 bit system all updates and my browsers are also 64bit if this could have a bearing.
Firefox and Chrome are working fine for me (same system as you and 64bit browser).

With Edge I can't click one the ship names to start a new build with the new look. Nothing happens.

Firefox and Chrome are working fine for me (same system as you and 64bit browser).

With Edge I can't click one the ship names to start a new build with the new look. Nothing happens.

I'll just have to learn to live without it then. 3-4 weeks back I thought I would install the new Firefox Quantum and it all went superbly until I imported my bookmarks which it did. Only it forgot the folders and I ended up with a single column of hundreds of sites bookmarked for various reasons over the years. I did a search with Startpage and found that loads of people were having the same problem with no word from Mozilla on any sort of solution. I decided to just stick with what I know and uninstalled the whole carbuncle. I won't use Chrome in fact I try to avoid using Google stuff as much as possible. If people think the Cambridge Analytical scandal is a big deal they really ought to be thinking about what Google use their data for.

Thanks again for the great tool, using Shipyard quite regularly now.

But how is the save option supposed to work? When I save some engineered moduels (and give them individual names), how can I access them later (after closing my browser)? I don't get the save options, also regarding the ship. I just make my changes to my build and copy the URL.

GLITCH?!

BTW, Where can we report potential bugs for the website?

http://www.edshipyard.com/new/#/L=C...J3038wPcIu00L0000KU3,PLASMA_0HAMMER_0INTERDIC

I'm working on this ship design(theorycrafting) and I'm running into a weird problem where increasing pips in weapons heavily reduces the time to hit maximum thermal mass... I'm not sure if this is from a legitimate gear combination or a glitch on the site. Any insight?

It starts with 1 minute till it reaches max heat with 4 imperial hammers at 2 weapon pips. Then at 3 pips it only 7 seconds. Then at 4 pips it's 4 seconds of heat. This is the unlabelled portion of the thermal section(What does this unlabelled portion represent?). It's using the experimental new site layout.

Or is that just passive heat? I was assuming it was including weapons fire. Which I'm thinking I may be incorrect about.

It's also odd because lightweight and sturdy seem to be acting the opposite of what you would think in regards to how much it should overwhelm the heat sinks regardless of fireing or not. Edit: NVM, I think it's from the power draw difference... Edit2: Nope, I'm still confused. Lowering weapons pips in decreasing heat in that combination. Is it something related to the power distributor?! it's on weapons focus.

Does the firing time shown in the weapons category take into account heat from fireing weapons or just having the hardpoints active?

BTW, The new look is alot nicer. It's a lot easier to manage and find everything.

Last edited:
taleden, i have a quick question:

the resistances increase for the hull are lower for the new EDSY compared to the old version, which one is the actual one in game please ?

i like both, please keep doing what you do. Thanks

+1
Great tool, taleden, thank you very much for creating it. Can I ask if there is a way to transfer the saved builds list between computers?

Best regards,
Yianni.

Last edited:
Thank Braben for edshipyard.com/new

Coriolis may be pretty and easy to use but the calculations on there are currently bugged to hell and back.

Well done to Taleden for being the lodestone of accuracy.

Edit: Disregard the bug report that was here, I was using the old version of EDShipyard and the error I was going to point out has already been corrected.

the resistances increase for the hull are lower for the new EDSY compared to the old version, which one is the actual one in game please ?

After looking at both 2.5.0 and 3.0.0 alpha 4, I can say the former is definitely incorrect, while the latter appears to be spot on.

Last edited:
I would like to point out that the new version of edsy is impossible to use on mobile due to the fact you have to double tap to select things, on mobile this just zooms the webpage in and out.

I would like to point out that the new version of edsy is impossible to use on mobile due to the fact you have to double tap to select things, on mobile this just zooms the webpage in and out.
You have to select the module slot first, and then press long on the module you want to add. This way it works for me on mobile.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom