Guide / Tutorial ANCIENT GUARDIANS MISSION GUIDE,Step by Step;111MCr(was 201MCr)

Thanks a lot people.
This work here has helped a lot to understand the mechanic quite fast [up]
After the first site, i have used the Canonn Route Optimizer and got through it very fast. 12 sites in 10 systems :)

Thanks again to everyone for this good work, +100 rep to everyone here :D

Last edited:
Doing 2nd Mission without the thargoid bits, very atmospheric the structures are, just don't look at the module grind. Slightly following my own way, partly cannon. For some reason most guardian systems aren't on the galaxy filter, even after visiting. Wonder if there is a guide to this mission (which is confusing as mission invite in inbox is same as for the other mission).
Got 1 week left to catch a few obelisks and then get back in my dbx, be warned not much space to land so take a small ship and plenty of restocks.
Sry for punctuation.

Last edited:
Doing 2nd Mission without the thargoid bits, very atmospheric the structures are, just don't look at the module grind. Slightly following my own way, partly cannon. For some reason most guardian systems aren't on the galaxy filter, even after visiting. Wonder if there is a guide to this mission (which is confusing as mission invite in inbox is same as for the other mission).
Got 1 week left to catch a few obelisks and then get back in my dbx, be warned not much space to land so take a small ship and plenty of restocks.
Sry for punctuation.
There’s a guide on the Canonn site. There’s a link to it from the FP of the main Guardians thread.

I’ve bug reported the new type is sites not appearing on the filter as I checked straight away after 3.0 dropped and I’m sure at that point they had started appearing via the filters once they’d been discovered. No response yet.

Yeah thanks, using the canonn.science guide, it's OK, maps aren't very clear as difficult to know your orientation and finding pylons can be hard. They don't pop up straight away, not sure what triggers them, maybe shooting a sentinel, or raising all relics?

Yeah thanks, using the canonn.science guide, it's OK, maps aren't very clear as difficult to know your orientation and finding pylons can be hard. They don't pop up straight away, not sure what triggers them, maybe shooting a sentinel, or raising all relics?
It just seemed to be driving near to where they are to me. Btw, I might be misunderstanding something here - are you just looking for the pylons to help orientation? Or are you doing the pylon puzzle at the sites as well?

Edit - just to be clear, my experience with the pylons is from straight after 3.0 dropped. It might have changed. I wouldn’t have thought it would have, but you never know.

Last edited:
I completed route 2 for the first time. Now off to do some exploration before I head back to cash in my 111M
cheers :) o7

I am on 75 scans right now(doing route 2) , really enjoying it immensely.
I am sure when I wrote this guide we didn't have all these lovely sounds?(or much less of it)

Near ruins and it feels like both sound effects and music...not sure

Interesting...it might be my sound setup, but one thing I remember is how eerily quiet it was out in those ruins. Then again, I might've simply lost my hearing from dual assault of the DBX and SRV engines. :D

Really though, I bet there are some new environmental effects since 3.0. Heading out there this weekend to check it out...I don't feel like starting another 10K+ LY exploration trip, but the mission should satisfy my thirst for now. Plus I'll get to visit some planets with my name on them! Hard to believe there are still undiscovered worlds in these areas, especially since I really didn't wander very far off the routes.

Took this quest the other week, and started it yesterday, Only to find that the quest has been removed from my Transactions list.

Took this quest the other week, and started it yesterday, Only to find that the quest has been removed from my Transactions list.

I think it was one of the bugs that came with the update. According to FDev, it should be fixed now (and your mission should be back in your Transactions list).

is this guide for 'decoding the ancient ruins' that you get as you dock at felice dock?

its just that, there are a couple of missions like this isnt there? cannot remember what the other one is called though so i just want to make sure i am doing the mission that the guide is designed for..

yes, yes it is. here and doing it and cr is going up.

note to first timers, it seems your SRV turns into papier-mache around these sites, i am driving quite gently but have had to board my ship 3 times already to repair. that is 11 scans in..

Last edited:
Top Bottom