Ships Why Would Anyone want One...

For the longest time I've kind'a wanted a T-10 - like since they were first announced. And since I had a spare 1/2 billion just laying around growing moldy I figured what the heck - let's go see what we can put together.

So I made a trip to the ED Shipyard and built this Multi-Role T-10 just the way I wanted. $318M cr.

And then I took a serious look at the performance. A Battleship. Whoa! BUT! also a turtle which is what I call a totally non maneuverable ship - like a T-9. Now - don't get me wrong - I love my T-9 not as much as my T-7 but still a great ship IMO. Even with G3 7A thrusters the T-10 would have been like flying a boulder! Tried playing around with losing some of the cargo holds, D rated everything I could get away with - and - still a turtle. Even tried G5 thrusters (which I'll never get - not playing the grind game to get those and the improvement just wasn't worth it to me anyway).

The lack of maneuverability pretty much makes all those beautiful and powerful weapons moot - the lousy maneuverability would preclude ever getting them pointed at anything - why I'd be a feared of taking on a sidewinder in one. Heck! Even an anaconda could stay behind the beast and eat it alive IMO. Then again - maybe it was just set up wrong.

So - I no longer want a T-10 and for the life of me cannot imagine why anyone else would want one either (just projecting, I guess) though I suppose there are plenty that do.

ASIDE:

Bummer - oh well - I'll find something else to spend the money on though right now I can't think what it would be (it just keeps piling up slowly but surely - doesn't come in in big buckets like some but enough). Anaconda - nope - doesn't do a thing for me - Corvette or Cutter - tired of the grind earning rank - so - not going there. I've got an engineered Cobra MK3 set up for smuggling, an engineered Asp set up for passenger sight seeing and planet mining. A T-6 for asteroid and ring mining, an engineered T-7 set up for sheep transport that handles almost as good as my Python, an engineered T-9 for making lots of money delivering high margin goods 720T at a time and an engineered Python used for kicking behinds and taking names. Had an engineered Orca which was kind'a cool but turned out a T-7 (except for Luxury cabins) will do the same job just as well. Thought about a Beluga but after running the numbers on ED Shipyard went away with a shrug and a NAH! No point.

Bummer...

Last edited:
Facetanking Goidfortress. You'd be better off walking if you're in a hurry.

Take an M size ship, do Ceo - Sothis, from platform to station, data & cargo mission, get fed rank and make bank, buy a vette, uprate engines and whatever, have fun with the comedy huge hard points, and if you get bored, sell it and get a conda. Sounds like the cutter would disappoint. I like maneuverability too.

Last edited:
Facetanking Goidfortress. You'd be better off walking if you're in a hurry.

Take an M size ship, do Ceo - Sothis, from platform to station, data & cargo mission, get fed rank and make bank, buy a vette, uprate engines and whatever, have fun with the comedy huge hard points, and if you get bored, sell it and get a conda. Sounds like the cutter would disappoint. I like maneuverability too.

Fitting an SLF transforms it into a very capable weapons platform. It's the combination that counts.

I came to this thread thinking this was going to be about the latest shop offering of galvanized paint for the T-10 .... with which I was about to agree :D

Fitting an SLF transforms it into a very capable weapons platform. It's the combination that counts.

I came to this thread thinking this was going to be about the latest shop offering of galvanized paint for the T-10 .... with which I was about to agree :D

Lol. Takes about three years to paint it though.

Be good if you could use two slfs, if only on T10.

I'm a Type-10 fanboy, so I'll do my best to keep this short.

You have to go G5 Thrusters on this monster, it's an absolute requirement. Really, you need to engineer the hell out of it to realize its full, unstoppable, unassailable awesomeness.

In my current loadout(which I can't post because I'm at work), I'm running G5 engi mods all over the place and the grind really wasn't bad, had all the mats I needed in a single Saturday(took about 5 hours between SRV and USS hunting) for the core and optional modules, took another Saturday for utilities(8 Shield Boosters).

Even with G5 Dirty Drives, with Drag Drive modifiers, I still max out around 300m/s, but it's able to turn and rotate at 30 degrees/second, which is damn quick. Still drifts like a barge, but at least you can aim at your target while flying by them sideways. In my opinion, especially with a brick like the T-10, you'll never outrun anybody anyway and the ability to turn fast is much more desirable than anything else. Factor in the Resistance and Heavy Duty mods for the Shield gen, the same on the Hull Reinforcements, and it really doesn't matter how heavy this beast gets, you only get stronger the heavier you are(as long as you can still turn).

TLDR: If you don't engineer anything else on the T10, make sure you go full G5 on the thrusters with the modifier.

The T10 flies exactly how all big ships should fly. The problem is that people don't know how to build one for the prey they are seeking. The T10 I built can take down any NPC in a few seconds and can't be flanked. Most people either use poorly fitted turrets without the necessary modifications or slap gimbals on and try to fly the thing like a fighter jet getting into fruitless turning wars with Eagles.

Last edited:
TLDR: If you don't engineer anything else on the T10, make sure you go full G5 on the thrusters with the modifier.

I agree; G5 dirty drag drives is absolutely necessary. The difference in performance is like night and day.

I love my T-10, and haven't flown anything else since getting it engineered up. It sounds cool, looks cool, and the view from the cockpit is absolutely stunning.

Here's mine.

The only negative I could give it is the abysmal supercruise handling, but from what I understand all of the large ships handle that way (which is unfortunate and I think unnecessary, but that's an argument for a different thread).

Last edited:
T10 is an amazing PvP combat ship, so is the T9 actually. When flown FA off the thing is very capable. I'd prefer it over a cutter for pure combat.

Haven't done much PVP, but I'm a HUGE fan, conflict zones are amazing, just tanking 10 ships at once and laying down the LAW from one target to the next, it's one of my greatest experiences in Elite.

I'm an amateur Lakon-ologist, what would you like to know?

How does the overall defenses stack up against a Conda? I generally dont bother with armor tanks because module damage is expensive and doesn't regenerate over time. Plus I like flying ships as multiroles so stacking shield boosters is easier than H/MRPs.

The only negative I could give it is the abysmal supercruise handling, but from what I understand all of the large ships handle that way (which is unfortunate and I think unnecessary, but that's an argument for a different thread).

I'm exploring in mine and I've got used to the supercruise turning ... it's actually not as bad as you might expect.

The ship is great in canyon running, beautiful handling, confidence building. Not fast of course - for that you need a fighter.

How does the overall defenses stack up against a Conda? I generally dont bother with armor tanks because module damage is expensive and doesn't regenerate over time.
When I get home tonight, I'll do a side-by-side in Coriolis and we'll see the raw numbers. In my personal experience though, the Conda, while formidable and one of the best multi-role ships in the game, just can't put out enough firepower(fast enough) to get through both the shields and the hull of the T-10, before the T-10 can return the favor.

The Conda has a single Huge hardpoint, which is great, but the T-10 has an additional Large and another medium to boot. The Conda, even with distributor mods, it can't sustain max firepower without sacrificing shields, and once the Conda shields pop, so does the Conda. For the T-10, once the shields go, the fight is just getting started! From there, as long as you can stay within range of your opponent, it's usually GG.

Of course, it all depends on the builds, but when you're rigging a T-10 for raw survivability, and duct-taping on every weapon you can fit to it, it's a scary opponent to all of the big 3.

Last edited:
I'm a Type-10 fanboy, so I'll do my best to keep this short.

You have to go G5 Thrusters on this monster, it's an absolute requirement. Really, you need to engineer the hell out of it to realize its full, unstoppable, unassailable awesomeness.

In my current loadout(which I can't post because I'm at work), I'm running G5 engi mods all over the place and the grind really wasn't bad, had all the mats I needed in a single Saturday(took about 5 hours between SRV and USS hunting) for the core and optional modules, took another Saturday for utilities(8 Shield Boosters).

Even with G5 Dirty Drives, with Drag Drive modifiers, I still max out around 300m/s, but it's able to turn and rotate at 30 degrees/second, which is damn quick. Still drifts like a barge, but at least you can aim at your target while flying by them sideways. In my opinion, especially with a brick like the T-10, you'll never outrun anybody anyway and the ability to turn fast is much more desirable than anything else. Factor in the Resistance and Heavy Duty mods for the Shield gen, the same on the Hull Reinforcements, and it really doesn't matter how heavy this beast gets, you only get stronger the heavier you are(as long as you can still turn).

Ditto. Love my T10.

Plus I like flying ships as multiroles so stacking shield boosters is easier than H/MRPs.
The great thing about the T-10 is that you can have your cake and eat it too. You can run 8 Shield boosters, an 8A shield gen, a 7A shield cell bank, as well as 7!!! hull/module reinforcement packages.

I've actually found that the T-10 is a great multi-role ship as well, due to the sheer number of internal slots, hardpoints, and Utility slots. It can't jump as far as a conda but it can jump, it's an outstanding miner with great defenses, I love it for CG's, and nothing feels quite as good as canyon running in a ship as big as a building. I fell in love with it, HARD. Just keep in mind, like we talked about, you can't even begin to appreciate it until you've engineered it. The stock version is below-average at best.

Last edited:
Top Bottom