SDC Presents: Operation Overlawd

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.

ryan_m

Banned
What happened?

Less than 48 hours ago, a plan that was put into motion months ago finally came to fruition. The BGS of the notorious carebear group, Mobius, was put into turmoil to the point that it was abandoned. Finally, this corner of the bubble would be free of control from these people. But, how could this be? I thought that Mobius was more than 20k strong? Who could have possibly done this?

Who did it?

The eminently successful SDC masterfully organized this attack with multiple other well-known groups (who are free to reveal yourselves in the comments).

The plan was originally conceived by Supreme Allied Commander in Elite, Harry Potter, to strike at the very core of our enemy.

But Why?

Many are aware of the near-constant dunking SDC has delivered to Mobius over the last 4 years, culminating in multiple extremely successful operations testing their defenses and then overwhelming them.

There were many motivations for this attack:

• Schmobius' behavior during a charity drive for a fellow Elite player who lost his home in a fire.

• The incredible salt from solo/PG carebears over the proposed Powerplay changes. (There are actually people in that thread threatening to sue FDev, btw.)

The main goal of this operation was to make a point about why Powerplay needs to be open-only. It is ridiculous that unseen players can work to undermine and disrupt in Powerplay without the other side ever having a chance to see them and defend themselves, so we thought this would be a perfect demonstration of that principle, only in reverse.

How?

All BGS work was done in the SDC private group (Open) by our coalition. We knew that this was the one place that Mobius couldn't touch us. Obviously, since we are so outnumbered we HAD to do it from the safety of Open, knowing that Mobius would stop at nothing (except leaving PG) to stop us.

Result

Complete, overwhelming Allied victory.

Last edited by a moderator:
to strike at the very core of our enemy

facepalm.gif

well, there it is, the most pathetic thing i'll witness this week.

Last edited:
Uhm... this sounds like a massive own goal.

So, you've proved that you can easily defeat a massive PG PvE group by playing exclusively in open... so PP doesn't need to become Open Only.

Is that the general message of this post? I'm confused.

Indeed. Think it was meant for the Focused Feedback thread for PowerPlay instead of GD lol

Oops! "Quick, rewrite!!!!"

ryan_m

Banned

So, you've proved that you can easily defeat a massive PG PvE group by playing exclusively in open... so PP doesn't need to become Open Only.

You are confused. They assumed that we would have also been in PG/solo, which is where most BGS work happens. They didn't think to look in Open for us. They ended up handicapping themselves because of this. If this were Powerplay in open-only, they would have easily seen us and figured it out, allowing them to oppose us and estimate our strength a bit better. Instead, they had no idea who it was until we claimed it.

ryan_m

Banned
Not sure why some people think the mobius Privat Group and the Mobius Minor Faction are the same. thats like saying everybody in Open supports the same PMF.

We're not confused at all, but they rep the 20k+ number at every opportunity to prove a point, so we've accepted their premise.

No that misses the point. This proves that 20k of pilots could have come to open and easily defeated the enemy (regardless of instancing). And maybe demonstrates that open would inspire true team play. I'm not an SDC member btw. I have tried PP for the last 4 weeks and joined a group that plays open only, it is fun, it's a thrill and the strength of a team is special. The concept of PP is made farcical by open/closed/solo modes. It should be in open (or single mode only for the carebears if that's what they want) so the rules of it actually make sense. I'm looking forward to it going open only as it would give ED a very exciting new challenge. I remember the clans and hours of strategising we did when counterstrike came out, PP in open is as exciting as that. Not being open is like counterstrike without allowing the opposition on your server, pointless and no fun.

We're not confused at all, but they rep the 20k+ number at every opportunity to prove a point, so we've accepted their premise.
Again, the PG, and the in game group are 2 separate things.

How could you not know this about your proclaimed enemy?

I know, I know, it's a thread to generate salt.

Oh well, as long as you had fun!

Last edited:
I am a member of the Mobius PG... never even knew there was a minor faction called Mobius in the game.

Ive only heard about it from other people like SDC, literally havent seen anyone in Mobius take about it on PS4, in game or the Community. I dont think most people that join even care.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom