FD Pleas PLease Please FIX THE BLOODY MISSIONS

Yes i am here to moan and groan.

So bored with doing delivery missions passenger and cargo.

I have no choice every other mission on offer is bugged to the point i am losing the will to live.

Pirate missions go get some gems of some dude in a T9 with god knows how much leather and fish on board and the 4 tonnes of gems.

35 hatch breaker limpets and NO GEMS DROP jump out restock with limpets find the mission SS 25 Limpets later he drops 1 tonne of Gems.

Back out to restock limpets, mission fails because i ran out of tome even though in the Missions panel it says i had 2 days to do it.

Same crap with hunt pirate missions hundreds of pirates scanning me from the faction needed but no MISSION TARGET tag on them so it doesn't count towards the progress.

Its just soul destroying FDEV, why can't you code this to work? Is it cos people stopped sending you free pizzas and you dont give a damn anymore?

Fix your game.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is pretty bad. They've all worked in some form or other in the past too.

I've completed every kind at least once in the past.

Massacre missions are broken exactly as described.

Piracy missions technically "work" but are really really stupid. Don't bother taking one that asks for more than low single digits of cargo or you have next to no chance getting it. It will also bug out a load of you try to do it with another commander around.

Salvage missions work. They should really remove the pointless timer though now they have the specific location for the signal source, or reduce the max time waiting for the signal to appear to less than a minute, or, well, add a mechanic in there.

I wish they would just make assassination missions all wing missions, and just mark the difficulty level by telling you what ship the target was "last seen in" and what his wing mates "normally fly" instantly adding a tonne of varying difficulty wing missions.

The specific instancing issues with wing assassination missions pushed me to the edge of throwing the towel in. I just don't do them any more as a means of preserving my sanity.

It's my biggest wish for this game - that they spend more time on QA and fixing bugs.

Yeah, any mission with a level of complexity beyond take a to b seems to be a nightmare.

Delivery / cargo and data delivery seem to be the only really reliable missions in the game, everything else has a good chance to be bugged, broken or just a total nonsense.

Wing assassination missions? Forget it....just don't bother, hours and hours wasted trying to get them to work.

Nothing in Beyond about missions though...better get your mining setup sorted...oh and we get squadrons which considering the utter mess of wings and instancing should be solid addition :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Back out to restock limpets, mission fails because i ran out of tome even though in the Missions panel it says i had 2 days to do it.

09e6e5640bba82714de555ccaf07b197.jpg

I too often run out of tome.

(But seriously, fix those missions.)

Last edited:
Why the hell would they wanna do that, when they can just focus their efforts on making player adversity the focus of the game?

"ED Arena" is the future here, missions are just a placeholder in their eyes.

You get a sword, the other person gets a sword, and you fight to the death... over and over and over (and over) again.

What, that doesn't sound "fun"? :p

You're right on all complaints but this. The pirating missions have a small timed window, just like assassination missions. Usually 2-3hrs from when you accept the mission, it is very clearly stated in the description... The other time is when, at latest, it has to be handed in to the agent.

Yeah, any mission with a level of complexity beyond take a to b seems to be a nightmare.

Delivery / cargo and data delivery seem to be the only really reliable missions in the game, everything else has a good chance to be bugged, broken or just a total nonsense.

Wing assassination missions? Forget it....just don't bother, hours and hours wasted trying to get them to work.

Nothing in Beyond about missions though...better get your mining setup sorted...oh and we get squadrons which considering the utter mess of wings and instancing should be solid addition :rolleyes:

Wing assassinations always work fine for me.

Actually they work pretty flawlessly (compared to some other kind of missions, that is). Easy credits and juicy mats.

Just solo them, to avoid the annoyance of the "cannot drop into the wingmate's wake" bug (although they may have fixed that to a certain extent lately, according to my experiences). You can still share the mission once the target is dead, to give your wingmates some free credits and mats.

The only major problem is that sometimes the RNG-based mission USS takes way too long to appear, but this is a common problem in various kind of missions.

Oh, and there are a few immersion-breaking situations thanks to the non-persistent nature of the mission target NPCs (sometimes they wake out seconds before you could finally kill them, and you can meet them again half a minute later in SC, flying a whole new ship surrounded by whole new wingmates).

Last edited:
Actually they work pretty flawlessly (compared to some other kind of missions, that is). Easy credits and juicy mats.

Just solo them, to avoid the annoyance of the "cannot drop into the wingmate's wake" bug (although they may have fixed that to a certain extent lately, according to my experiences). You can still share the mission once the target is dead, to give your wingmates some free credits and mats.

The only major problem is that sometimes the RNG-based mission USS takes way too long to appear, but this is a common problem in various kind of missions.

Oh, and there are a few immersion-breaking situations thanks to the non-persistent nature of the mission target NPCs (sometimes they wake out seconds before you could finally kill them, and you can meet them again half a minute later in SC, flying a whole new ship surrounded by whole new wingmates).

Actually I play in Solo almost exclusively and assassination missions haven't been working for me at all. I lost 3 missions in a row due to expiring timers as I waited and searched and got nothing at the target planets (after scanning the nav beacons). Oddly the "enemy alert" folks showed up in their obligatory FdLs and were all treated fairly, but their employers never appeared. This seems recent though, because just a few weeks ago I was doing these missions without issue.

Agree with the OP. As others have pointed out, the "Massacre" missions have been bugged for months now. Very annoying to see such a prominent mission type bugged to the point of uselessness with no rush to fix it. I also find the salvage missions where enemy ships intercept you to be terribly implemented. Last time I took such a mission, it was always the same two ships jumping in at the same exact moment no matter how many times I did the instance. Why not some variety? Here is one area where some randomness would be a good thing!

When Frontier announced that "Beyond" would be all about polishing existing game content, it was stuff like this I was hoping would get some attention. Eh, maybe it will. I am hoping the new content for this month's content drop is so light because Frontier devoted most of their time to bug fixing and reconciling gameplay inconsistencies. Here's hoping June 28 arrives with a lengthy post from Frontier detailing a long list of fixed bugs! [yesnod]

They were better when we werent forced to go to the nav beacon, and just honked and got the target body..

I can honestly say I've never considered fitting a discovery scanner for solo'ing wing assassinations.

Actually I play in Solo almost exclusively and assassination missions haven't been working for me at all. I lost 3 missions in a row due to expiring timers as I waited and searched and got nothing at the target planets (after scanning the nav beacons). Oddly the "enemy alert" folks showed up in their obligatory FdLs and were all treated fairly, but their employers never appeared. This seems recent though, because just a few weeks ago I was doing these missions without issue.

They usually come with about 24 hours on the timer. I just drop into all the other USS's grabbing bonus stuff and the target never takes longer than about ten minutes. Even before they are due in the mission description timings. Hitting the other USS's means the RNG resets so you don't hang around in an unlucky instance.

Try not stacking them, I have a couple of stations at neighboring systems that both give wing assassinations in the others system. So I splat the target, land, claim the local bounty and the completed mission, repair and reload, get a new mission then jump across and repeat.

I never struggle to find the target and as long as you log out after the kill and before accepting a new mission there are no timers to expire.

The mission timer on assinations is phoney mate, if you dont meet them at the time window they fail.

It would also be nice if navlock worked flawless.. like it did 2 years ago.

the target never takes longer than about ten minutes

It sounds an awful lot of time to spend circling idly around the target body, I never had to do it for more than 2-3 mins (which I think is still too much time to do nothing).. or you meant ten minutes total (including the time spent in other non-mission signal sources)?

Last edited:
Just want to say thanks to the OP for making this post (have some rep).

It is exactly for reasons like this that i have not even started to play ED seriously yet, and i've been here from the start. Still waiting for all this kind of stuff to be put right.....i'm very patient (and have plenty of other games to keep me covered while Frontier fix ED).

verminstar

Banned
Wing assassinations always work fine for me.

Sorry stigster, but wing assassination missions sometimes suffer the same issue the solo version suffers. Go to where the target is supposed to be in the system, gets spammed with upto 20 mission markers fer a mission ye dont actually have to collect loot or visit that unkillable T9 with the unmissable once in a lifetime offer.

Seems to work a bit like this...feel free to say Im wrong with a counter argument cos yer not gonna like this...

Hey Frontier, one of these missions pays too much and I dont feel this is how the game should be played...
Absolutely no problem Mr player, we all over that in days...

Hey Frontier, this mission is bugged and wastes time...Frontier? Hello? Anyone there?

Sounds about right fer frontier...doesnt it?

I got totally fed up with the mission boards couple weeks ago and stopped dding missions entirely on account of the bugs...some bugs like the massacre mission bugs have been reported to frontier fer almost a year and still...still they persist.

But the second someone moans about them paying too much, well then thats when they act. Put whatever excuse ye want to that stigs, cos that dont look good...that looks intentional but by all means, tell me Im wrong and then back it up to prove Im wrong otherwise...

Last edited:
Top Bottom