[Distant Worlds Expedition]The Explorer's Legacy (A suggestion about Lavian Brandy)

This has happened as planned. And for a hand-over at a race course, what could be more appropriate than a ship that already has the racing spoiler built in?

https://i.imgur.com/Fm3vQPw.png

The correct answer is "just about every other ship", of course. During the meeting, CMDRs May and Cometborne

https://i.imgur.com/vkJX6E0.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/YBR5nEN.png

observed a minute of silence in remembrance for Wanderlust, lost on a distant planet. After that, it was time for the big moment:

https://i.imgur.com/1MJiNSL.png

https://i.imgur.com/4oISSfA.png

Achievement is now on its way back to Beagle Point as part of the upcoming Beagle Point Expedition:

https://i.imgur.com/G1GimfI.png

Hey there~ thanks for the update. I've updated the table.

Thanks! Maybe we could have a little spoiler-ed section on the OP under lore for each commander to write a note if they wish or otherwise summarize what they did with the legacy?

Also yah, that would be me that forgot to abandon it, the first time I gave it away to Dr Kaii as I recall. Oops!

That sounds like a fantastic idea! Camaraderie has seen some interesting things in my custody, and continues to spread tipple and friendship out in the black.

That sounds like a fantastic idea! Camaraderie has seen some interesting things in my custody, and continues to spread tipple and friendship out in the black.

The best place for that kind of stuff where we could all enter information would be a wiki. Specifically the Elite Dangerous wiki.

Right, I have passed on the Endurance to CMDR Lost Raven. I'll have my own stories up once I gather up some pics.

....Wait ... my pics were on my old hard drive ... crap....

Captain's Log, A Retrospective.

It's been eight months since I took possession of the Endurance from CMDR Mad Max. One might expect that I took possession immediately out of the bubble, but circumstances necessitated that I take possession right before the third waypoint of the expedition. Below, I have posted a few pictures pre-Endurance.

unknown.png

This ... is an interesting photo. This is me taking possession of several Thargoid artifacts to perform some ... experiments during the expedition. They didn't amount to much in the end, but we'll see more of those much later.

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Pictures from the first waypoint. I don't have any pictures from the second waypoint, but that's fine.

Now, just because I didn't have the Endurance yet doesn't mean I didn't exhibit the traits of the Endurance. Every time I spotted a water world, ammonia world, or especially an Earth-like world, I went out of my way to scan it ... even if it was over 400,000 light-seconds away. It was actually an inconvenience for CMDR Mad Max, as he had to do most of the jumping to me when it came time to hand over the Endurance. Sorry Max! Some of these finds were worth it though.

unknown.png

A ringed volcanic world. I love these, they're so pretty!

unknown.png

unknown.png

A landable moon in close orbit to a terraformable water world. I actually spent a couple of nights here, as this location had a bunch of Jumponium materals, and I couldn't think of a more scenic place to mine them.

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

A series of ELWs I found on the way to the meetup. This last one was particularly gorgeous, and I wish that moon had been landable, it would have made such a beautiful place to do the transfer. Still, I found a nice enough place in that same system, and Max and I co-tagged the planet in memoriam of our encounter.

unknown.png

The planet where we did the transfer. We had ... a bit of a clipping issue. We should have chosen a planet without quicksand. :p

unknown.png

unknown.png

More shots of the planet where we did the transfer.

There were a few other interesting phenomena I discovered on the way up to the meetup, it wasn't all ELWs.

unknown.png

A ringed water world in a binary orbit with a ringed brown dwarf. Very cool.

unknown.png

This may be the most colorful gas giant I have ever seen.

unknown.png

I just really liked the canyons on this world.

Last edited:
Unlock bump for great justice.

Thank you for your help!

Captain's Log, A Retrospective.

It's been eight months since I took possession of the Endurance from CMDR Mad Max. One might expect that I took possession immediately out of the bubble, but circumstances necessitated that I take possession right before the third waypoint of the expedition. Below, I have posted a few pictures pre-Endurance.

This ... is an interesting photo. This is me taking possession of several Thargoid artifacts to perform some ... experiments during the expedition. They didn't amount to much in the end, but we'll see more of those much later.

Pictures from the first waypoint. I don't have any pictures from the second waypoint, but that's fine.

Now, just because I didn't have the Endurance yet doesn't mean I didn't exhibit the traits of the Endurance. Every time I spotted a water world, ammonia world, or especially an Earth-like world, I went out of my way to scan it ... even if it was over 400,000 light-seconds away. It was actually an inconvenience for CMDR Mad Max, as he had to do most of the jumping to me when it came time to hand over the Endurance. Sorry Max! Some of these finds were worth it though.

A ringed volcanic world. I love these, they're so pretty!

A landable moon in close orbit to a terraformable water world. I actually spent a couple of nights here, as this location had a bunch of Jumponium materals, and I couldn't think of a more scenic place to mine them.

A series of ELWs I found on the way to the meetup. This last one was particularly gorgeous, and I wish that moon had been landable, it would have made such a beautiful place to do the transfer. Still, I found a nice enough place in that same system, and Max and I co-tagged the planet in memoriam of our encounter.

The planet where we did the transfer. We had ... a bit of a clipping issue. We should have chosen a planet without quicksand. :p

More shots of the planet where we did the transfer.

There were a few other interesting phenomena I discovered on the way up to the meetup, it wasn't all ELWs.

A ringed water world in a binary orbit with a ringed brown dwarf. Very cool.

This may be the most colorful gas giant I have ever seen.

I just really liked the canyons on this world.
Oh these are some awesome images! It's been a while since we had a transfer of a legacy. Glad to see it happen. ^^

It's unlocked! Hooray!

I was thinking... We have 4 new legacies from the Enigma Expedition. Do we want to roll them into this thread, so that there's a one-stop source of information about them? I think it would be a good idea.

The initial post for them is here.

In a nutshell, they're 2 units of meta-alloys and 2 guardian relics that were carried as part of the Enigma Expedition.

Community went to CMDR Graytest and Unity to CMDR Plaster. I'm carrying Hope and Cmdr May was carrying Encouragement, but it was lost to a game bug while she was trying to transfer it in space to another ship.

From May:
"as far as mine goes, I haven't played since then but i'm thinking we may just want to let it be, it does give some additional lore to the project and the way the ancient urn suddenly started flying away on its own, while glitchy, could be some mysterious in-universe factor"

Last edited:
hey Satsuma. sorry for the long reply but yes, I will do this! I've been travelling and doing convention stuff but I will make sure the records are stored here.

Heya folks looking to check in on the current legacy holders. How are you? Will you be able to make it back in time for Distant Worlds 2? I would very much like to see that happen. Let me know if that's possible.

I've transferred Hope to (my alt) Cmdr Setoh Aliapoh, as no one was available to take it when I came back to the bubble to re-engineer. I'll be picking it back up for DW2.

Last edited:
If anyone is around the bubble and would like to part from one of the legacies, I'm up for bringing one back to Beagle Point.
My ship is ready for the trip and currently parked near brooks point in Pallaeni.

Hope is back in my possession. There's been talk of a meetup with CMDR Dove Enigma, and since I received Hope from him, it's only fitting I try to visit him with it. I'd be happy to transfer it to another commander at some point in the journey, though.

Hey guys I've got 24 Centauri Mega Gin from Hutton Orbital in my hold that I've taken with me for the DW2 expedition. If anyone would be interested in starting legacy items for DW2 let me know!

Hmmmm... As head of the Distant Worlds 2 Science Department, I'll be responsible for inspecting the mega gin to ensure quality. Because this is a scientific endeavor, I'll need samples of the mega gin at every waypoint, to ensure that cosmic rays don't degrade it. In addition, one ton of mega gin should be orbited around Sagittarius A* and then recovered as part of the TGGP - Trans-Galactic Gimlet Project.

Seriously, though, I think it's a good idea. :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom