Patch Notes Update Update 3.1.2

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Isn't anyone expecting anything good out of the patch? You're all so negative. It's almost as if there is a pattern to the updates with a long history or something.

This is the forums you get piled on for saying anything positive about anything.

you know what....this is bang on the money, and is exactly why i feel FD are right to try to keep control of (what little) economy the game has.

Saving up credits to unlock stuff IS fun and is a large part of the reason why i have played up till now........ making those credits come to fast removes any sense of achievement (for me, i accept others differ).

This game has no real sandbox economy not sure what you are on about, credits have no value outside of the numbers on your rebuy screen.

Oooooh ... patch notes!

Let me just grab a coffee.

Right ... (settles down to read)

T1ZG.gif
452a9b5e50aec42457440afa0a78dddadf1dcb8e_hq.gif

Credit are stupidly easy to get anyway. Anyone having issues getting credits even with the "nerfs" really needs to learn how the game works.

As to unlocks, all it does is unlock ships.
If credits are so easy to get, then why does FDev rush to fix any high payouts before they even touch game breaking bugs?

True but running out of things to unlock removes the fun, after 3 years I am still having fun and still have stuff to unlock.

Your problem is with the depth of content not unlocking the 35 ships in the game.

Nerfing credits does nothing but force players to find the next exploit, did you hear anyone complain about missions payouts in the last 2 months?

Last edited:
True but running out of things to unlock removes the fun, after 3 years I am still having fun and still have stuff to unlock.

You've been playing the game for three years and haven't unlocked everything by now? You need to git gud!

PS> Only teasing you >.<

When will an update make "Cyclops finally able to be a little more solo friendly?" I hate that the only way to reasonably kill one is while in a wing. As it stands the routine is currently 1. Encounter Cyclops 2. Success, or failure 3. Jump out, hobble back and refit. It's kind of annoying. Would more love the scenario of, 1. Encounter Cyclops 2. Defeat Cyclops and 3. have a chance at still having enough integrity/ ammo left for another encounter. They are part of the Elite Dangerous story, not a component proprietary to co-op multiplay. If making them 15-20% easier means 20% less bounty, so be it...fair enough.

Would also love for Guardian modules (namely hull, module and shield reinforcements) to have a real effect against Thargoids. Currently, I can't tell a difference between standard 5D module, and Guardian 5D module.

Last edited:
not sure what you are on about, credits have no value outside of the numbers on your rebuy screen.

what i said does not seem rocket science, what dont you understand.?

like you said... unlocking stuff IS fun....... To me unlocking stuff includes the saving up for it, getting a ship and being able to afford to go from E rated, to D to C rated yada yada yada.

making money too easy to come by removes the fun (for some of us) because within a few hrs you can afford what ever you want and can essentially sidestep unlocking any interim stuff and go right to A rated everything (aside from a few edge cases such as armour or 7/8A rated gear for the big ships)

as it stands now E rated gear may as well not exist........ D rated is lightweight but cheap as dirt.... there is a small use case for B rated i suppose (more hardwearing than A rated iirc) but for the most part...... D or A is all your really need now.

When will an update make "Cyclops finally able to be a little more solo friendly?" I hate that the only way to reasonably kill one is while in a wing. As it stands the routine is currently 1. Encounter Cyclops 2. Success, or failure 3. Jump out, hobble back and refit. It's kind of annoying. Would more love the scenario of, 1. Encounter Cyclops 2. Defeat Cyclops and 3. have a chance at still having enough integrity/ ammo left for another encounter. They are part of the Elite Dangerous story, not a component proprietary to co-op multiplay. If making them 25% easier means 25% less bounty, so be it...fair enough.

Would also love for Guardian modules (namely hull, module and shield reinforcements) to have a real effect against Thargoids. Currently, I can't tell a difference between standard 5D module, and Guardian 5D module.

it is fair enough that they are hard as nails imo.... the issue is with the lack of npc wingmates. IF we ever get that and they work properly then it will be working as it should. it would be a shame if they were made simple so lone wolves could kill them easily (and i say that as someone who is largely a lone wolf)

Last edited:
If credits are so easy to get, then why does FDev rush to fix any high payouts before they even touch game breaking bugs?

i'm not sure about now, but last time i played (1 year ago) the credits is damn difficult to get since there is no partially submitting kind of system for sourcing product, also it would be great if the donation works the same way too, it'll be helpful to CMDRs taking small ships with less than 100s when they try to increase reputation to unlock more mission. I was really surprised when i saw this method when I decided to play again last weekend

Those wing mission were god-sent to me though considering I'm a solo player, plus now there is a good reason to try convince my friend to play along.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom