Do I lose my credits if I do a "Clear Save"?

[hotas] I have a decent amount of credit but am thinking of doing a "Clear Save" to start my ranking over. If I do a "clear save" do I just lose my ships (I would start by selling them all) or do I lose all of my credits too and start over with just 1000?

Upon clearing your save, you will be as if you just had bought Elite: Dangerous and was about to start playing for the very first time. Use with caution.

Yes, everything is gone, except your knowledge you have gained of course.;)I've cleared my save on many occasion, it's quite refreshing starting with nothing and slowly working you way back up again. For me it's not so much the destination, more about the journey.:cool:

verminstar

Banned
Yes but if I recall, a word to support has worked fer others who wished to reset their standings but keep their assets when migrating from one platform to another. I know yer not switching platforms, thats not what yer referring to but just pointing out that its certainly possible. But that was some time ago, things may have changed but fer sure I know ye would need to deal with support directly.

Yes but if I recall, a word to support has worked fer others who wished to reset their standings but keep their assets when migrating from one platform to another. I know yer not switching platforms, thats not what yer referring to but just pointing out that its certainly possible. But that was some time ago, things may have changed but fer sure I know ye would need to deal with support directly.

They are not going to do that, unless you can convince them it was an accident. And then they will just reset you to what you had before.

They are not going to do that, unless you can convince them it was an accident. And then they will just reset you to what you had before.

They reset the combat ranks of players who couldn't handle the NPC's after an upgrade, so if someone asked nicely I could see them saying yes.

When you clear your save, you only get to keep your name. The rest is completely removed. Its as if you just bought the game.

What about your frontier store purchases? I’m thinking of doing the same but would prefer NOT to lose the stuff I bought with my hard earned!

Imagine the grind starting all over.

If you want a fresh start why not purchase another ED and start another account, so you still have what you worked for, and can also start anew.

I loved ED more than any other game I'd ever played, until I discovered their nerf hammer and unfixed bugs, and what I saw from making my own bug reports.

Now I hate the game, and just want to finish up my last 68% in combat to become triple elite.

I hope they do something great for the game by that time.

So between us we got most of it but nobody got first discoveries as something that is not wiped. My comprehensive(?) list:

Reset save removes:
Ranks, stored ships, credits, current ship, faction rep and local rep. It clears statistics such as hours played, it clears exploration data to view systems and pretty much everything else like fighter pilots etc.
It also clears Holo-Me saves.

It does NOT remove:
Store purchases (although you won't own the ships to put paintjobs etc on).
Game settings (graphics etc).
Friends list. Even changing your Cmdr name you will still have your list, they just see you as a new name now.
First Discoveries. You can't see the systems anymore unless you re-visit them, however, your tag on planets/stars etc is eternal!
Anything out of game like voice control etc obv not affected
Knowledge and experience etc.

Let me know if I missed anything.
I second Aaron Ts point. I have my primary acc I will never reset and a secondary that I bought for £15 in a sale. I've reset the 2nd account over 30 times so far iirc because I use it for roleplay under different cmdr names. Never normally get past an Asp E in credit/ship value and hardly ever engineer.

Last edited:
I cleared my save about a year ago after I had grinded up to Anaconda the hard way i.e. no Robigo runs etc. I just wanted to have a clean start. Even though I have now passed Anaconda in my new save I sometimes regret destroying my initial commander. As stated in other replies you will lose everything.

So do not clear your save! :)

Just buy another copy of ED and start over there.

Instead of "save clear" aka total wipe you can perform "unofficial soft reset". Pick a small ship, not necessarily Sidewinder, it may be Adder, Viper, Cobra - case is something small. Sell all the rest, stored modules included. This way you will reduce your assets, reset your progress without affecting your credit balance.

Instead of "save clear" aka total wipe you can perform "unofficial soft reset". Pick a small ship, not necessarily Sidewinder, it may be Adder, Viper, Cobra - case is something small. Sell all the rest, stored modules included. This way you will reduce your assets, reset your progress without affecting your credit balance.

I like that idea.

Maybe even set a goal of one month so you do not go crazy, and take a small ship and go somewhere else, and do stuff you have not done since the early days, keep it simple, and have fun, and not worry about credits, rank etc...

Top Bottom