[Video] Challenger "review"

Yeah, I know that one and have read the forum rules. By those standards, we'd have to ban every video because of the profanity in either the comments sections of the videos and/or in the video itself because that could be considered avoiding the swear filter as well. Not only will the forum mods have to search through each video's comment section for swearing but the video/streamer as well because they could contain swearing (ohhhhhh, noes). Then 99% of the videos we use in the forums would violate forum rules whether or not the poster swore at all.

So be careful how badly you want to beat this horse because you might prevent yourself and everyone from posting anything from a public source in the FEAR of PROFANITY.

You are taking it to absolutely ridiculous levels.
Of course profanities in comments happen and there's nothing a creator can do about that. I also don't mind occasional light swearing as it kind of found its way into common language. That is absolutely fine and I believe nobody has any problems with it.
But a video which whole point is profanity and its humour is based on profanity only, has no place here and I am standing by that

I also don't mind occasional light swearing as it kind of found its way into common language. That is absolutely fine and I believe nobody has any problems with it.
But a video which whole point is profanity and its humour is based on profanity only, has no place here and I am standing by that

A very personal perspective: 'I don't mind...', 'I believe ...', 'has no place here'.

Your attempt to dictate what is or what is not socially offensive langauage according to your views, morals and ethics, I find rather offensive.
I believe everybody else will agree that they have no place here in this forum.
I don't mind light opinions being expressed but your comment is clearly based on a sense of humourless righteousness which somehow found its way into your common language.

I don't standby that.
:p:D

If a player is looking for a medium combat ship in the less than 35mil (before A rating every module) range, they have some nice choices. If it's a tough call between Gunship, Challenger, FAS, Dropship and cheiftain, than its addition is good for the game. Yes cosmetically the challenger is offensive but some people like ugly. Just look at the T -10 loyal followers. It seems balanced enough that choosing between challenger and something else might be a tough call for someone who isn't rich enough to buy them all. I think that adds variety and individuality to the choices people make, which is probably what the developers wanted to achieve.

Bunch of haters in here. The video does have information in it and if you're constantly distracted by curse words then you need to internalize that, it's a you problem. It's clearly exaggerated for entertainment purposes, if it doesn't entertain you, then watch something else. Let the moderators handle the infractions or feel free to sign up to be a volunteer moderator, otherwise move on with your lives.

....Exigeous, you don't need to ape Yamiks in any way to be great or get respect. You got that. Why not let him do his language thing whilst you remain a gentleman? Nice contrast.

Oh how hysterical I find it that the fact that there is adult language in a linked video would spark such discussion. Seriously? As for my language in no way did I "ape" Yamiks, I didn't write my lines to be like Yamiks, I wrote them the way I talk. Stop by my livestream sometime, while not trying to be intentionally offensive I talk like a sailor much of the time. It was actually a lot of fun to be more myself and less "teacher Exigeous". I've taught various things my entire life, music major in college so I taught lessons/high school, I've done technical training for a living and have been a Porsche and BMW racing instructor for about 10 years. So my "teacher voice" comes pretty naturally, that said it can get boring even for myself.

If someone finds the video offensive I'm not sure what to say, I guess I thought the vast majority of the Elite playerbase is over 18 - I know the demographics on my videos certainly are. And while you could argue Yamkis takes it a bit far that's his deal and the fact he as 46,000 subs seems to indicate he's getting something right.

Either way it was a lot of fun to work with him and to do a very different kind of review. As for the ship itself, which is really what we should be discussing isn't it, I don't think it's terrible but rather as I said don't understand why we have it. Was anyone asking for another medium biweave-hull tank ship? I've flown it a lot now for the video and while I certainly don't hate it I'd pick the Chieftain, FAS, FDL or even DBS/Viper/Vulture over it just about every time.

Thanks once again to Yamiks for inviting a Youtube noob like me to join him. I tell ya, you get a whole different perspective on this stuff once you spend 5+ hours a day creating content.

~X

Oh how hysterical I find it that the fact that there is adult language in a linked video would spark such discussion. Seriously? As for my language in no way did I "ape" Yamiks, I didn't write my lines to be like Yamiks, I wrote them the way I talk. Stop by my livestream sometime, while not trying to be intentionally offensive I talk like a sailor much of the time. It was actually a lot of fun to be more myself and less "teacher Exigeous". I've taught various things my entire life, music major in college so I taught lessons/high school, I've done technical training for a living and have been a Porsche and BMW racing instructor for about 10 years. So my "teacher voice" comes pretty naturally, that said it can get boring even for myself.

If someone finds the video offensive I'm not sure what to say, I guess I thought the vast majority of the Elite playerbase is over 18 - I know the demographics on my videos certainly are. And while you could argue Yamkis takes it a bit far that's his deal and the fact he as 46,000 subs seems to indicate he's getting something right.

Either way it was a lot of fun to work with him and to do a very different kind of review. As for the ship itself, which is really what we should be discussing isn't it, I don't think it's terrible but rather as I said don't understand why we have it. Was anyone asking for another medium biweave-hull tank ship? I've flown it a lot now for the video and while I certainly don't hate it I'd pick the Chieftain, FAS, FDL or even DBS/Viper/Vulture over it just about every time.

Thanks once again to Yamiks for inviting a Youtube noob like me to join him. I tell ya, you get a whole different perspective on this stuff once you spend 5+ hours a day creating content.

~X
Nobody said we find the video offensive. Quite the opposite. It's awesome.
I did however say that it is not suitable for this forum as per family-friendliness rules.

Rep' given for comparisons with old Brit' car manufacturers. [up]

I'm genuinely impressed that that somebody who isn't a Brit' has such an insightful grasp of just how crap our car industry was.

I almost hope that one day FDev will release a ship terrible enough to justify a comparison with the Allegro.

Nobody said we find the video offensive. Quite the opposite. It's awesome.
I did however say that it is not suitable for this forum as per family-friendliness rules.

Maybe click that report button and explain to the mod team why you think it breaks the rules and then let them decide. Would probably be more productive than arguing with other forum users. It's like arguing with your neighbors about the law when you have a team of lawyers you can just text your concern to instead.

Maybe click that report button and explain to the mod team why you think it breaks the rules and then let them decide. Would probably be more productive than arguing with other forum users. It's like arguing with your neighbors about the law when you have a team of lawyers you can just text your concern to instead.

Well said - hysterical to me that a post about a ship review turns in to a few pages of discussion over "dirty words".

Regardless it was a lot of fun to work with Yamiks and I appreciate him including me in the group.

~X

~X

Well CMDR, it doesn't quite add up to me that you find this outcome 'hysterical', to me it seems like a clearly predictable outcome. As usual. Why should this be? Perhaps because there are people in our community with concern about this issue, perhaps you and Yamiks just don't care about that. Just to be clear. I am over 18 and on occasion will swear like the proverbial trooper. I am not usually offended by such language, (until it is hugely overdone and seems like more of a fetish.) I like you and always enjoy learning from you, could be I'm just used to your teacher voice. I like and respect Yamiks, I would do so even more if he showed the least willingness to compromise and conciliate, instead of shouting '**** off' in our faces every go*da*ned time. Here on this forum, the rule and the style is gentlemanly and family friendly, and personally I'm cool with that. And so should you be. And so should Yamiks.

Well CMDR, it doesn't quite add up to me that you find this outcome 'hysterical', to me it seems like a clearly predictable outcome. As usual. Why should this be? Perhaps because there are people in our community with concern about this issue, perhaps you and Yamiks just don't care about that. Just to be clear. I am over 18 and on occasion will swear like the proverbial trooper. I am not usually offended by such language, (until it is hugely overdone and seems like more of a fetish.) I like you and always enjoy learning from you, could be I'm just used to your teacher voice. I like and respect Yamiks, I would do so even more if he showed the least willingness to compromise and conciliate, instead of shouting '**** off' in our faces every go*da*ned time. Here on this forum, the rule and the style is gentlemanly and family friendly, and personally I'm cool with that. And so should you be. And so should Yamiks.

Do you often predict that you'll be disparaged or discouraged by people over having fun? Probably not, right? Just doing your own thing, having fun, whatever that fun is to you. Content creation is entertainment and it's also an art form. Some people do it in a very classroom style education format, while others choose to take comical or crude formats. If it isn't your jam, it isn't your jam and it's quite easy to just not watch things you don't want to watch. The video has some crude language, as per usual with Yamiks, but it doesn't take away from the points made about the topics he covers. If it does, I again ask you to internalize that because the information is still there, you're just blocking yourself off because you don't appreciate some choice words. Trying to turn the world into your workplace or a family friendly environment just isn't going to work, it's up to you to enforce your own bubble, not nauseatingly argue that it should all be Disney World.

Do you often predict that you'll be disparaged or discouraged by people over having fun? Probably not, right? Just doing your own thing, having fun, whatever that fun is to you. Content creation is entertainment and it's also an art form. Some people do it in a very classroom style education format, while others choose to take comical or crude formats. If it isn't your jam, it isn't your jam and it's quite easy to just not watch things you don't want to watch. The video has some crude language, as per usual with Yamiks, but it doesn't take away from the points made about the topics he covers. If it does, I again ask you to internalize that because the information is still there, you're just blocking yourself off because you don't appreciate some choice words. Trying to turn the world into your workplace or a family friendly environment just isn't going to work, it's up to you to enforce your own bubble, not nauseatingly argue that it should all be Disney World.

The video breaks forum rules, bubble boy. That's all we're saying. We're not arguing against the points Yamiks makes, nor we are offended by his content.

Ooooh another youtube "review" I don't need to watch, thank you! Sometimes it seems like youtube is akin to a good, old-fashioned cable-TV package, except the programming is randomly scrambled so finding anything actually useful is nigh-impossible. That being said, there is a market for Yamiks style of content creation and while I'm not part of that market, I'm glad some are.

I like my Challenger, find it a refreshingly agile medium-sized ship that can withstand getting a beating. Haven't tried the multi-role aspect of it (tend to bumble about on my own, the location and time zone of New Zealand are not great for P2P fun times). But is the criticism really that you can't get turreted MCs for it? Try using it what it is meant for, fighting aliens: The AX multicannons come in turreted varieties I believe.

:D S

Top Bottom