[Video] Challenger "review"

Good response. But how about trying the boat out for yourself? There seems to be a lot of different opinions about it. I enjoyed its agility and found it great for fighting scout thargoids. Others seem to dislike its driftiness. The video apparently calls it redundant, which tells me absolutely nothing. It would have been great to read what scenarios the Challenger was tested in. Unfortunately, the video did not come with a written summary.

:D S

Fair enough. My medium fleet is getting crowded with FGS, FDL, Chieftain, Krait, Python and Clipper. Each with its specialty and the FGS headed for the sales bin soon. I haven't heard of a compelling reason to spend time test flying the Challenger.

Boys getting excited shooting the poop together. Seemed a bit too self-indulgent, but to each their own. The energy is refreshing either way.

Cheers.

Pages and pages of thread high-jacking to muddle the OP post. Should not be surprised though. Moderators have made their position statement, yet people continue to debate their moral code.

You have a right to your opinion. Put it in YOUR POST and link it to this one for the love of god people. Five pages of what should be two. Offended, that's what the X, or stop button is for.

Jeesh!

Pages and pages of thread high-jacking to muddle the OP post. Should not be surprised though. Moderators have made their position statement, yet people continue to debate their moral code.

You have a right to your opinion. Put it in YOUR POST and link it to this one for the love of god people. Five pages of what should be two. Offended, that's what the X, or stop button is for.

Jeesh!

I'm really annoyed by people who engage in meta-criticism. ;) I'm also really annoyed by people who say "for the love of god"! :D

Jeesh!

I'm sorry if reading taxes you or open discussion of valid concerns gets you impatient, but just because a thread does not rigidly adhere to the "OP post", that does not equate to "hijacking". There was a perfectly valid and just point about the breaking of forum rules. In my view, this was the time to air these concerns. If you don't have anything meaningful or useful to contribute, then perhaps you should simply not bother.

Last edited:
Rather then going full on Snowflake could FDev employ Yamiks to do a COVAS for the game? I'd pay for that even if it does technically make my game 18 rated!

Rather then going full on Snowflake could FDev employ Yamiks to do a COVAS for the game? I'd pay for that even if it does technically make my game 18 rated!

You might be able to get around this by getting him to do a HCS voice pack.

Not sure if HCS needs FDs approval for the voice packs (either legally or just practically), though.

Yeah, let's go there. Let's have a bit of name-calling and condescension now. That's what we're missing here I think. Spice it up dudes!

Yeah, let's go there. Let's have a bit of name-calling and condescension now. That's what we're missing here I think. Spice it up dudes!

It has already been there. You think people don't see it and maybe you don't even mean it, but it's easily interpreted as condescending, if not veiled name calling. Again, if you're worried about forum rules, that's what the report post button is for.

users who insist on gleefully outraging others by posting such content. Certain users clearly enjoy driving a bus through the simple rules of decent behaviour. Users who flout the rules it sometimes seems do so with iconoclastic urges. And little in the way of true altruism or true sharing. Community members who are turned off by offensive content being posted should also be listened to, their views have merit.

Exigeous I don't listen to you to hear you demean what you have to say.

Yamiks, to you I offer a personal challenge. In the next video you make try and go the whole distance without once using that hateful word for the female genitalia. Or wishing anyone... and I mean anyone, to **** off. I know you can do it, I believe in you. Just show us it's possible. ;)

A lot of condescending assumptions you make here about other users, Exigeous, Yamiks and even moderators (who did listen and did respond, you just didn't like the response). You clearly had no idea who Exigeous is and you think Yamiks is incapable, just out to harass and annoy. Now, if that's just all your opinion, terrific, but don't turn around and act a victim simply because you didn't use crude language or open name calling. Chew on this stuff for a bit, I think you'll be able to see it, I believe in you.

It has already been there. You think people don't see it and maybe you don't even mean it, but it's easily interpreted as condescending, if not veiled name calling. Again, if you're worried about forum rules, that's what the report post button is for.

A lot of condescending assumptions you make here about other users, Exigeous, Yamiks and even moderators (who did listen and did respond, you just didn't like the response). You clearly had no idea who Exigeous is and you think Yamiks is incapable, just out to harass and annoy. Now, if that's just all your opinion, terrific, but don't turn around and act a victim simply because you didn't use crude language or open name calling. Chew on this stuff for a bit, I think you'll be able to see it, I believe in you.

No, that is not it at all, and how dare you make such suggestions to me.

EDIT: Don't call me a victim. Don't put words and attitudes into my mouth. And how do you even dare to bring "knowing who someone is" into this. Like if I had known that Exigeous swears in his live streams that would somehow mean I know he is? That I must be some unworthy outsider because I didn't?

I know of much as Exigeous and Yamiks as they choose to share in their productions, and some might say that those who make videos asking for likes, subscribers and Patreon donations, should be willing to listen to feedback from their consumers, whatever way it comes to them.

And that is what I am here buddy, and it is what you are. I have paid the same dues as you, flown the same ships, ground for the same materials. It's not like you are a member of some privileged little club, and I am some ditzy who's wandered in to spoil your ambience. The things I have said and the views I have shared are felt by many, I just chose to speak out.

No, I don't "know" Exigeous, and I don't "know" you. And you certainly do not know me. So use reason and civility in your words to me, or like I said to the above, simply do not bother.

Last edited:

EDIT: Don't call me a victim. Don't put words and attitudes into my mouth. And how do you even dare to bring "knowing who someone is" into this. Like if I had known that Exigeous swears in his live streams that would somehow mean I know he is? That I must be some unworthy outsider because I didn't?

I know of much as Exigeous and Yamiks as they choose to share in their productions, and some might say that those who make videos asking for likes, subscribers and Patreon donations, should be willing to listen to feedback from their consumers, whatever way it comes to them.

And that is what I am here buddy, and it is what you are. I have paid the same dues as you, flown the same ships, ground for the same materials. It's not like you are a member of some privileged little club, and I am some ditzy who's wandered in to spoil your ambience. The things I have said and the views I have shared are felt by many, I just chose to speak out.

No, I don't "know" Exigeous, and I don't "know" you. And you certainly do not know me. So use reason and civility in your words to me, or like I said to the above, simply do not bother.

Don't let them get to you.
For the whole time, they didn't get the point and that we don't have problems with the authors themselves but rather the lack of taste of the video.

And if there's one thing I find ridiculous it's the notion that we shouldn't discuss it. Well, apparently discussion forums are only for agreeing. Who'd have thought. :D

Now take that feeling you just had and think about how what you guys were saying, including those who basically removed validity from their review over language, might have affected them. All I did was interpreted the very words you used.

Don't let them get to you.
For the whole time, they didn't get the point and that we don't have problems with the authors themselves but rather the lack of taste of the video.

And if there's one thing I find ridiculous it's the notion that we shouldn't discuss it. Well, apparently discussion forums are only for agreeing. Who'd have thought. :D

Well, all you've done is complained that an R rated movie had R rated content. Did it help?

Last edited:
Aww people saying theres no point to this ship..

It gets FDL levels of DPS, FAS level of tank, and dances as well as it's sister ship.

But it has flimsy modules and its slow.

Personally I love the thing, It facemelts pretty much everything with the right loadout and you'll easily get big ships turning tail and running like wussies.

By far the most competant PvP ship Imo, and considering it's a hull tank, thats saying something.

Odds are yo can outdance FDL's enough so that you rarely eat massive amounts of flak, and it peels the shields off them very much faster than near on everything else.

Plus it's silky as all heck to fly.

Moreover. Why are people taking this review seriously? It's for humor and views. It contans no real infomation about the ship, no listing pro's and con's, nothing of any substance whatsoever. Seriously. Yamiks makes entertaining content, but a very small number of those "reviews" are accurate at all.

Last edited:
Aww people saying theres no point to this ship..

It gets FDL levels of DPS, FAS level of tank, and dances as well as it's sister ship.

But it has flimsy modules and its slow.

Personally I love the thing, It facemelts pretty much everything with the right loadout and you'll easily get big ships turning tail and running like wussies.

By far the most competant PvP ship Imo, and considering it's a hull tank, thats saying something.

Odds are yo can outdance FDL's enough so that you rarely eat massive amounts of flak, and it peels the shields off them very much faster than near on everything else.

Plus it's silky as all heck to fly.

Moreover. Why are people taking this review seriously? It's for humor and views. It contans no real infomation about the ship, no listing pro's and con's, nothing of any substance whatsoever. Seriously. Yamiks makes entertaining content, but a very small number of those "reviews" are accurate at all.

We are not taking it seriously. The only thing we are taking seriously is that it shouldn't have appeared on a family friendly forum. ;)

All this over a YouTube video. I subscribe to both Exigeous and Yamiks for different reasons. Both are top notch content providers. If you don't like their channel don't watch.

Exigeous and Yamiks please keep up the good work.

Poon

Top Bottom