Lockdown Questions (Lave - Brandy for Didi Vatermann)

Greetings CMDR's,

Lave has been on lockdown most recently since July 28th. Its been 7 days, and 7 solid days of BH grind (aprox 300 bounties per day). Lave Radio (controlling faction) is at 64% + and above 60% for three days. I would have thought that the lockdown would have ended by now. Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

1.) Does controlling faction influence have a bearing on lockdown length (IE does raising it and keeping it high shorten lockdown)
2.) When doses the BGS update minor faction states, I heard this was 15:00 in game time though I doubt this is correct based on my observations.
3.) on 31st the faction report states: lockdown, pending civil unrest, then boom expected. Once this message appears do we know how long the current status will last?

Apologies for ignorance on my part. I have ready quite a bit about the faction states prior to posting this. I know the lockdown is a minimum of 3 days and a maximum of 14 days. Somehow I figured with all the BH action and high influence for controlling faction that it would have been over already.

Just my luck I saved my Federal Corvette's shield boosters for last and attempted to get brandy on the 28th (day lockdown started)..... Hoping I can finish out my build prior to leaving for vacation next thursday. Until then I will be plugging away at my combat rank heh.

Any help is appreciated!

Hi Bob,

Here are some answers.

1) No. States are largely independent from influence, though the type of transactions matter. Bounty hunting is indeed the right approach, but you're up against opposition where the other side is increasing lockdown "points" while you are reducing it with the bounty drops. You can shorten states through conflict, but with LRN only in one system, that is not really an option (unless you want to give your opponents, us, a real opportunity to re-take the system). So, I am afraid it is grind out the bounties until Lockdown ends

2) At the tick time, currently roughly 16:00-16:30 UTC, right before influences change

3) See 1) - states need to work themselves out (unless interrupted by conflicts)

Good luck!

Last edited:
Hi Bob,

Here are some answers.

1) No. States are largely independent from influence, though the type of transactions matter. Bounty hunting is indeed the right approach, but you're up against opposition where the other side is increasing lockdown "points" while you are reducing it with the bounty drops. You can shorten states through conflict, but with LRN only in one system, that is not really an option (unless you want to give your opponents, us, a real opportunity to re-take the system). So, I am afraid it is grind out the bounties until Lockdown ends

2) At the tick time, currently roughly 16:00-16:30 UTC, right before influences change

3) See 1) - states need to work themselves out (unless interrupted by conflicts)

Good luck!

Thanks for the answers, one more question though: What is the current conflict about? I have heard two stories: 1) players mad about current state of shield boosters are "blockading" game content as a protest 2) LRN being Independent has attempted to wrest control from a historically / lore based Alliance system. Alliance player org's are pushing back to return to their control.

Either way not having access to Didi is really putting a cramp in my style lol. Id be willing to trade Painite or w/e to get some brandy, setup almost completed on my vette and I am one of those annoying "completionist" types hehe.

It's probably even slower than just buying the stuff, but some installations (Civilian or Tourist might be the best bet) occasionally have rare alcohol in their cargo holds. Some of it might be Lavian Brandy, and then you could steal that.

Thanks for the answers, one more question though: What is the current conflict about? I have heard two stories: 1) players mad about current state of shield boosters are "blockading" game content as a protest 2) LRN being Independent has attempted to wrest control from a historically / lore based Alliance system. Alliance player org's are pushing back to return to their control.

Either way not having access to Didi is really putting a cramp in my style lol. Id be willing to trade Painite or w/e to get some brandy, setup almost completed on my vette and I am one of those annoying "completionist" types hehe.

It is 2.

EIC has Lavian brandy available. https://eicgaming.com/trading-post/

Thanks for the answers, one more question though: What is the current conflict about?

Lave was Alliance for roughly 50 years prior to the game's release in the lore. Lave Radio has an in game player faction (Lave Radio Network [LRN]). This is the only system our player faction has a presence in. Our listeners decided they wanted to push the in game minor faction and took control of the system.

Some Alliance factions want to take the system back under Alliance control, which they are doing by pushing the bgs. They can't really make progress against LRN influence and so have resorted to murder which pushes us into Lockdown. Both sides have legitimate interests and are pursuing all avenues in game. At the end of the day, our player faction is only in Lave, so it's not like we have anywhere else to play. You should come to your own conclusions and get involved with a side if you feel strongly about the conflict.

o7

It is pretty sweet. We had a recent Lockdown and made tons of cash and materials attacking the 'Pirate Activity Detected' signal sources. Felt a lot like a War, to be honest.

Needless to say there's some fun to be had with this whole Lave party.

Make sure you enjoy your Brandy now because the lockdown is no more (for now). This has been a critical resources PSA.

I was there the second that the lockdown was over =P ran my brandy before they could take it away again. If I had to guess we have less than 24 hours total to run Brandy, so goodluck to all who need it. Just as an FYI to the Alliance player groups that keep doing this:

I have nothing against you personally (AEDC etc) but keeping such an important system in lockdown will just turn people against you. If there is a way to do this with war or an election I suggest that instead.

Last edited:
I was there the second that the lockdown was over =P ran my brandy before they could take it away again. If I had to guess we have less than 24 hours total to run Brandy, so goodluck to all who need it. Just as an FYI to the Alliance player groups that keep doing this:

At first Alliance was one of if not my favorite faction, this debacle has completely changed my mind. I will NEVER pledge alliance now, im not sure how involved with BGS I want to get but when I do it will be against the Alliance.

I hope this is what they were shooting for, because I am not alone. I think this event has rallied much support against the Alliance.

Hmm. But are you sure you know who's doing it?
Been several threads on this subject and it all seems pretty confused to me.

At first Alliance was one of if not my favorite faction, this debacle has completely changed my mind. I will NEVER pledge alliance now, im not sure how involved with BGS I want to get but when I do it will be against the Alliance.

I hope this is what they were shooting for, because I am not alone. I think this event has rallied much support against the Alliance.

For the record, you have a long time before lockdown kicks in again.
But thanks for being so aggressive towards us before understanding the whole story.

Hmm. But are you sure you know who's doing it?
Been several threads on this subject and it all seems pretty confused to me.

Not specifically to do with lave, but you can get a good indication of the players involved in creating the lockdown by looking at the bounty boards of the system/station in mind..

Not specifically to do with lave, but you can get a good indication of the players involved in creating the lockdown by looking at the bounty boards of the system/station in mind..

Yeh, I get that.
Unfortunately because of the amount of 'press' this has got, plenty of non-aligned pvp-ers will be involved by now.
(which is fine by me).

For the record, you have a long time before lockdown kicks in again.
But thanks for being so aggressive towards us before understanding the whole story.

A bit of a failed attempt to join the RP fun on my part. I think I understand the basis for this event and despite the annoyance of not being able to unlock Didi, I had fun clearing out the pirate activity zones. All in all it has shown me I like the degree of involvement players have in the BGS. I think I will get involved in the future, and perhaps I am being too harsh on the Alliance [big grin] I always lean toward the alliances archetype (new kid on the block / underdog faction)

As a newer player trying to find info on this was hard, my initial frustration was because it seemed blocking the ENG unlock was the intent not the symptom. I had no idea at the time about Lave, its history, or the current conflict. Now with more information on the issue I get it. This one was polarizing but I think it was good for BGS as it forced at least some people to pay attention and take action. I wish you luck with Lave, I hope Fdev does something so there is at least another way to get the ENG unlock mats so that people can play BGS and not draw the ire of random people.

07 and goodluck

A bit of a failed attempt to join the RP fun on my part. I think I understand the basis for this event and despite the annoyance of not being able to unlock Didi, I had fun clearing out the pirate activity zones. All in all it has shown me I like the degree of involvement players have in the BGS. I think I will get involved in the future, and perhaps I am being too harsh on the Alliance [big grin] I always lean toward the alliances archetype (new kid on the block / underdog faction)

As a newer player trying to find info on this was hard, my initial frustration was because it seemed blocking the ENG unlock was the intent not the symptom. I had no idea at the time about Lave, its history, or the current conflict. Now with more information on the issue I get it. This one was polarizing but I think it was good for BGS as it forced at least some people to pay attention and take action. I wish you luck with Lave, I hope Fdev does something so there is at least another way to get the ENG unlock mats so that people can play BGS and not draw the ire of random people.

07 and goodluck

A shared galaxy with many opposing view points will always trigger conflicts when there is no peaceful solution to be had.

Thank you for taking the time to look in to the issues, and I'm glad the combined activities of LRN and AEDC has highlighted the potential of BGS game play to yourself and many others.

Fly safe and have fun CMDR

I hope Fdev does something so there is at least another way to get the ENG unlock mats so that people can play BGS and not draw the ire of random people.
They have improved the situation in this respect in 3.0 and 3.1

3.0: because engineer mods are incremental work-your-way up, you can use Lei Cheung to get the shield boosters to level 3 and not have wasted any materials when you do unlock Vatermann - so it's less urgent to do that unlock if you want boosters at all.

3.1: lots more megaships and installations which can be raided for rares (including Brandy)

This could all be solved if Lave Radio Network would simply declare allegiance to the Alliance.

But they are just a bunch of dudes who stole a sidewinder and turned it into a radio station... at least that's what I heard :D
I understand why they would be independent, fits their narrative better.

Top Bottom