The Guardian Research Division

Jeez, I can't add the last article to the second OP...

I've hit my 100,000 character limit, just like the first page :(

I've linked it instead - not as great, but at least it's reachable.

ok guys...either im going guardian loopy....or maybe im not......so closer to ngc 3199 i noticed something its always in the backdrop, Whats better still is all the sites iv been to the keyhole shape either points towards it, or the double sites point inwards towards it when its somewhat higher, the sites with just the hole the nebula is directly above...........

Now heres where its even more interesting, slowly the closer i get there is a bright star cluster appearing that has maybe about 15 or more stars that are also slowly shifting as i move between ruin sites into resembling shapes of the ruin sights.

I may be loopy but this is one huge coincidence or not?? images below of such site and backdrop (double keyhole shape pointing toward but also direct to the backdrop)

I am not asking anyone to follow this up, it may be just a wild coincidence but i am heading that way and will report if i find anything or the coincidence gets bigger

https://imgur.com/a/5Tvd61o

https://imgur.com/a/4tKFxfE

ok guys...either im going guardian loopy....or maybe im not......so closer to ngc 3199 i noticed something its always in the backdrop, Whats better still is all the sites iv been to the keyhole shape either points towards it, or the double sites point inwards towards it when its somewhat higher, the sites with just the hole the nebula is directly above...........

Now heres where its even more interesting, slowly the closer i get there is a bright star cluster appearing that has maybe about 15 or more stars that are also slowly shifting as i move between ruin sites into resembling shapes of the ruin sights.

I may be loopy but this is one huge coincidence or not?? images below of such site and backdrop (double keyhole shape pointing toward but also direct to the backdrop)

I am not asking anyone to follow this up, it may be just a wild coincidence but i am heading that way and will report if i find anything or the coincidence gets bigger

https://imgur.com/a/5Tvd61o

https://imgur.com/a/4tKFxfE

Appolagies for not seeing your post sooner mate, I've took a break from Elite for a while because of burn-out.

I think it may be a co-incidence... however, that cluster of 15 or so stars is highly interesting!

On another note...

I've submitted to Frontier an actual Minor Faction: The Guardian Research Division (of course!)

I'll know within a week if it is setup - the location is: Synuefe YM-H D11-84

It's a quiet little system with only a Colony on the one planet. I'm hoping to expand it, if Frontier allow its creation to begin with, to the nearby star systems. The location is ideal, as it is only 118.58ly from Synuefe XR-H D11-102, and 185.03ly from Meene (where Ram Tah is located).

I tried applying to be in the nearby system with another ground base that has a Shipyard, but the application won't allow it (despite it not clearly belonging to a player faction... so... who knows) - so I've had to settle for YM-H system adjacent to it - but, it does allow room for theorizing/hypothesizing, since the Star is F-Class, and the water world is terraformable - it is also hot, at 365k - so for RP purposes, it would be great to expand on this in the future (such as testing fauna/flora in those temps since the Guardian home world was hot).

However, it does have scenic water worlds - and one day, maybe through a weekly event, I may even be able to get a High Tech space station built. One can dream.

For now, we'll wait and see - it would be cool to run our own little faction out of the main bubble and very near the Guardian ruins and Structures :)
LYYrB6D.jpg

Last edited:
sdfsdffdssdfsf

EEPHAILLS AA-A H62 Nebula has no Brain Trees, so I think it is safe to say this nebula has no Ancient Ruins.

Picture below of triangulation (done on planets that should have brain trees but don't).

ZYuSzdI.jpg

I think it is risky to declare that certain nebulae are free of Guardians based on the lack of brain trees in three systems, since the sites in Skaudai Prai Hypoo and Prua Phoe sectors are all situated a short way outside the nebulae they are close to. At most you are ruling out systems within a certain distance of the nebulae.
Establishing a 'True Negative' is a very hard thing to do in ED and I salute you for even trying o7.

I think it is risky to declare that certain nebulae are free of Guardians based on the lack of brain trees in three systems, since the sites in Skaudai Prai Hypoo and Prua Phoe sectors are all situated a short way outside the nebulae they are close to. At most you are ruling out systems within a certain distance of the nebulae.
Establishing a 'True Negative' is a very hard thing to do in ED and I salute you for even trying o7.

Unfortunatley, when your surrounded by thousands of stars (maybe even 10,000s), it is a much better method of finding Ancient Ruins (there are always brain trees within 75ly of ancient ruins). Otherwise, I best find thousands of minutes to jump and search each star... and no way would anyone be willing to do that lol :D

Thanks for the support and salute though commander o7 :)

Chapter 3 Trailer Released!

Well, it looks like I'll be heading 20,000+ light years back towards the bubble...

[video=youtube;H832ra9bUIw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H832ra9bUIw[/video]

Here are some shots...

1Zt6bWz.jpg

tc4s1E2.jpg

evLP7ri.jpg

Cargo Test

Okay folks, we have around 11 days to gether these things and try out what they do (if we can come across any such Construct vessels etc);

1. Thargoid Sensor
  2. Thargoid Probe
  3. Unknown Link
  4. Relic
  5. Tablet
  6. Casket
  7. Orb
  8. Totem
  9. Urn

I would suggest not carrying both Thargoid and Guardian items in the same cargo hold, since it could potentially screw up results.

Also, I would suggest going in a combat ship, or a ship that has a good amount of shielding (with the Guardian Module Reinforcement Pack to boot, may prevent some measure of shut down, if any).

I'll probably test out the Guardian stuff, since I don't have the improved cargo racks to carry Thargoid stuff (and it is a pain to get).

Okay folks, we have around 11 days to gether these things and try out what they do (if we can come across any such Construct vessels etc);

1. Thargoid Sensor
  2. Thargoid Probe
  3. Unknown Link
  4. Relic
  5. Tablet
  6. Casket
  7. Orb
  8. Totem
  9. Urn

I would suggest not carrying both Thargoid and Guardian items in the same cargo hold, since it could potentially screw up results.

Also, I would suggest going in a combat ship, or a ship that has a good amount of shielding (with the Guardian Module Reinforcement Pack to boot, may prevent some measure of shut down, if any).

I'll probably test out the Guardian stuff, since I don't have the improved cargo racks to carry Thargoid stuff (and it is a pain to get).
I'll bring a sizable credit balance with a detailed description (in Guardian) of my intent. Hopefully I'll make off with a new ship and a rather unique crew member.

Gamescom stuff!

Link to new stuff (Guardian included): https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?p=6942432&viewfull=1#post6942432

Video of the reveal:

[video=youtube;3DJnDpmMiek]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DJnDpmMiek[/video]

THIS! Looks like an orbital space station - this would be amazing, since the space stations were spoken of by Ram Tah in the lore to support the connection of the Monolithic Network!

UPDATE: What we see in the video is explained as a Guardian "beacon" - likely to be quite a few of those scattered around - we can interact with them.

gBAONGH.png

TZF0rnx.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom