Design a ship contest!

Come on Fdev, let’s one up the ad contest and have a ship contest. Let the community design the ship, and y’all can do whatever in the world ya want for internals and blah blah blah. I would post a really cool picture of a ship I’d like to see... but I’d fail at drawing a stick figure. ;) so yeah, that’s my idea

Don't need to. got my perfect ship Bright pink anaconda, pink weapons, pink engines, pink fighter with pink weapons and engines, pink flv.
She's named Pink Panther. Give me a wave as I pass you.

Ooo yes !!! Here’s mine!...

fV5J8XD.jpg

Flimley

Obviously you need to think in terms of the latest technologies available in the E: D universe, so without further ado, combining the pinnacle of engineering in terms of maneuvering, firepower and rule of cool, I present to you this:

XoY0Hxu.jpg

If this thread could speak it would be shouting... Infamy, Infamy!
They've all got it in fer me!.

I guess my ship could be a Cutter with a third pontoon on the top, and a shuttle bay for entering stations.

Last edited:
I'd like to see more ship designs where the glass of the cockpit isn't effectively the nosecone of the ship like it is for almost every ship in Elite.

E.g. Anaconda and FdL have cockpits that are pulled to center/rear of the ships, likewise with the Imperial Courier and in part the Eagle. Then we have the Vulture where you are sitting on the nose of the ship again, same with every Lakon ship. Luckily the Krait at least had an interesting design with the cockpit pulled back and under the ship much like the old Hindenburg balloon ships.

Can we have less of this:

s-l300.jpg

And more designs like Ana and FdL, or where the cockpits aren't supremely exposed to the front?

Also why not have some unique designs instead of the round-shaped toy duck looks (e.g. Adder and also in part the Krait is very rounded and "safe to use for ages 4 and under" like a toy).

E.g. the exploration ship in EVE

SOE_both.png

Or what about some ships that are vertical styled rather than horizontally flat? Like Myrmidon and Nightmare from EVE (and I am repeatedly using EVE, not because I want Elite to be EVE, but because they do have some unique and interesting ship designs there).

maxresdefault.jpg

I just find the rounded baby-friendly design looks to be boring, and the horizontally flat or phallic/pointy designs to be equally dull and stereotyped.

I would buy a vertical ship like Nightmare in a heartbeat. Likewise I'd love to see a non-combat ship (i.e. one more aimed towards exploration or mining) to have a more straight-up industrial or scientific look to the ship itself.

Obviously you need to think in terms of the latest technologies available in the E: D universe, so without further ado, combining the pinnacle of engineering in terms of maneuvering, firepower and rule of cool, I present to you this:

free floating Hardpoints, yep thats the new fancy stuff we need.

I'd like to see more ship designs where the glass of the cockpit isn't effectively the nosecone of the ship like it is for almost every ship in Elite.

E.g. Anaconda and FdL have cockpits that are pulled to center/rear of the ships, likewise with the Imperial Courier and in part the Eagle. Then we have the Vulture where you are sitting on the nose of the ship again, same with every Lakon ship. Luckily the Krait at least had an interesting design with the cockpit pulled back and under the ship much like the old Hindenburg balloon ships.

Can we have less of this:

And more designs like Ana and FdL, or where the cockpits aren't supremely exposed to the front?

Also why not have some unique designs instead of the round-shaped toy duck looks (e.g. Adder and also in part the Krait is very rounded and "safe to use for ages 4 and under" like a toy).

E.g. the exploration ship in EVE

Or what about some ships that are vertical styled rather than horizontally flat? Like Myrmidon and Nightmare from EVE (and I am repeatedly using EVE, not because I want Elite to be EVE, but because they do have some unique and interesting ship designs there).

I just find the rounded baby-friendly design looks to be boring, and the horizontally flat or phallic/pointy designs to be equally dull and stereotyped.

I would buy a vertical ship like Nightmare in a heartbeat. Likewise I'd love to see a non-combat ship (i.e. one more aimed towards exploration or mining) to have a more straight-up industrial or scientific look to the ship itself.

I agree 100%

i dont have time to design a ship. Im in hurry.
Just put spoiler on type-9 and add more engines and call it for example type-10 and for marketing purpose also add name guardian or defender, yea defender would do that.

Already exist you say?
Hmm.. then copy Aliancie ship and add for example hangar bay...

What do you expect? i need money for work!

Top Bottom