[B]Nobody asked for it but we keep getting it.[/B]

Don't expect FDev to custom build the game for you.

Of course I would love to get access to atmos planets, but I also understand very well how much work goes into that.
You can't compare this with the cartoonish approach of NMS. NMS doesn't have convincing planets, or ecosystems, NMS doesn't have convincing atmospheric entry or whether systems etc. etc. etc. The NMS approach is fine for what NMS is, but it would be terrible for Elite Dangerous.

Spaceleg would be great too, I would love it, but it should not be a priority at all. Adding spacelegs is like creating a whole new game. First we need satisfying core mechanics for exploration, asteroid mining, planetary mining etc. etc.

Carriers are a multiplayer thing. I have nothing to say about that as I do not care about multiplayer stuff whatsoever.

I completely agree about a good NPC crew mechanic. I think this should have been implemented before the multiplayer crew stuff. I believe this should be a priority now. NPC crews have always been part of the Elite universe. Bigger ships should not even be able to take off without sufficient crew, or they should have limited functionality.

I am against scrapping Powerplay. I like a lot of the stuff Powerplay adds to the game, but it needs work. I do believe that Powerplay mechanics should be used to enable players to create their own personal narrative. Using Powerplay only for a simplistic multiplayer landgrabbing mechanic is a waste of incredible potential. Powerplay could add incredible depth to the personal experience. I hope FDev recognizes they have something very promising here and I hope they use that potential.
Killing Powerplay completely would be a horrible mistake.

Player to player trade/donate function. I don't care about that. I can imagine the problems this might cause, but perhaps this could be resolved. I don't really care though.

please dont get me wrong i dont want the game build to my standards. it needs to be build to our standards. all those ideas are not just mine; they are from hundred of forum threads and Content creators that want the game to prosper. I keep using the no man sky example not comparing hte game mechanics but the polish of it. what i mean by that is that a small team outperformed the bigger team on maintaining/improving their game. and NMS might be cartoony but its heavy on the RNG for their planets and creature creation; elite uses RNG but they dont seem to get it right at all. Like you many say that space legs would be like creating a new game and i tell you that this is a lie. getting the flight model right is harder than getting space legs. walking/running cycles are standard in the videogame industry; there is even packages that sell you this very same cycles with code included.maybe the developers created the game with a code that makes space legs impossible, meanwhile others/future space games have this feature in-built. we need the developers to push their limits in order to improve. You told me that you dont care about multiplayer but yet you want to keep power-play that is a multiplayer feature, this to me is conflictive. Power play is obsolete it was meant for pvp but that is broken. thats why i rather elite have a realistic economy. Now you migth not care about improving the game as you stated that you dont care about multiplayer nor carriers when you should; after all elite is not a single player game. maybe you think the game is good as it is but many other dont think so otherwise the forums would be barren. there is even people designing the ships interiors and coming out with gameplay features videos. this is litteraly frontiers job and the community is doing it for them. i have read amazing ideas that can be done with the implementation or eliminations of simple game mechanics. on another point you said "Player to player trade/donate function. I don't care about that. I can imagine the problems this might cause" can you elaborate more about this?

Wow your lack of facts is noted. Elite has been out 34 Years. First elite was made in 1984. Let look how other games. CS. Been in Alpha for 4 years. NMS is kinda cartoonish.

Let look at it this way. Do you want the same junk as NMS After 20 Hours the Monsters seem to look the same? As the monsters, you have seen before? I rather have Frontier take their time. Make it look right.

Same thing. Do you want the company that does it right the first time? Not stuck in Alpha or Cartoonish?

What you can't do it your self. This game is about a player and Their ship. Not Civilization 5 where you run a country Or some older games like Master of Orian where you run a Galaxy of systems.

Wow you truely don't know what Elite about. It, not you're running a Plantation/country or base. That a different game. You are a single pilot in a vast galaxy

Well If you look at the current info. Eve full of bots and Gold mining. So don't hold your breath. eve online bot Please note that also includes Real Money Trading. Yes, I do know how to do Bots. It not hard. When you get a group of people it make it a hell alot easier. EVE+Bots Equals Gold sellers.

Hell no. You sound like you want bots in Elite Dangerous.

Can we say. GOLD SELLERS/Bots. Keep that in your mind. When you try to sell your idea.

1 im sorry is this the elite(1984) forum or Elite dangerous's(2014) forum, now ED has been out for 4+ years get your stuff in order boy. and yes SC is in alpha(i hate the game btw) but you can play it: walk,fly,land,take off, go into barren aplanet(with atmosphere). any more irrelevant excuses you want to add?

2 it took NMS 2 years to fix it with a small team; frontier having a bigger team hasn't done much in the atmo progression department after 4+ years. im talking about developer dedication and competence; get it?

3 im already bored to explain space legs and the is a new game excuse, thats whta frontier would love for people to think to charge you DLC which at this point people are already willing to pay for it.

4 if elite is about "player and Their ship" why do we have powerplay then? why care about allegiances or aliens? if what you where saying is true the only feature that should be optimist would be pvp and pve, and all dlc should be all about ships and commanders not thargoids, guardians, and superpowers. last time that i check Elite is a space Sim. so let us do space simulation. and btw all those base features is endgame content; you know... something that you and your friends can dedicate together. maybe you dont have people to play with.

5 i read you article and it has some solid point maybe eve economy is not such a good idea i have to dig deeper into this economy stuff. but i still dont see the problem of manufacturing modules and selling it to npcs or comanders. it should ease the let me fly 30 ly to get this 8A powerplant and you can have a home system where u can play with other. i think that powerplay is still garbage.

6 what is wrong with having needing other players and compensating them for their time?

7 the player to player transaction could be only by conditions, and we can add a cap on transactions from player to player or only between player squadrons .

1) As has been pointed out, modeling science based atmospherics is not a simple task. Now multiply it by thousands as you add various types of stars, planets and satellites to the mix.

2) As has also been pointed out, space legs is a whole new game grafted on top of the flying the space ship game we have. There needs to be some reason to do it otherwise it's wasted dev time.

3) And yet another entire game worth of programming to add on top of out flying a spaceship game, though this and spacelegs could work together.

4) No. If this was Eve in cockpits I'd never have bought it. Go play Eve.

5) No. Gold sellers. Nuff said.

This game is built around the premise you are a lone pilot out there trying to make your way in the galaxy. Your proposals would shift that to the players are the focus of the galaxy, changing the entire premise of the game. I do not want to play the game you propose, and I suspect many of those who have disagreed with you feel the same.

i already answer all this for the billion time.

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
There has been a lot of mudslinging in this thread from multiple users.

Please discuss the topic, not the poster. This is a polite request to all this stage.

(Also, before you all start replying to this post and accusing one another - a reminder that public discussion about moderation is not allowed on these forums)

Thanks.

There has been a lot of mudslinging in this thread from multiple users.

Please discuss the topic, not the poster. This is a polite request to all this stage.

(Also, before you all start replying to this post and accusing one another - a reminder that public discussion about moderation is not allowed on these forums)

Thanks.

Thank you, maybe we can all go back to talk about future request for the game. :)

Player to player trading/donating is just asking Elite to be filled with Gold Sellers

Oh my god, you're adorable.... you actually believe this don't you?

Let me demolish your point by explaining what OTHER factors are FAR greater at protecting this game then just not having a P2P (Player to Player) trading system.

1) ED isn't as popular as some of the other games you often find gold sellers in, like say WoW by several orders of magnitude

2) Elite isnt really an MMO, i know they as in Fdev like to think that, but given the fact this game has a hard time having more then 2 or 3 people in an instance before causing an instance crash. yeah, i dont think so.

3) Money in this game really isn't a consumable resource but rather more like experience points, what I mean is, having more money gives you access to better ships, better equipment, and the ability to have more of said equipment. Because there is very little loss when you sell your ships and equipment, if any, that's not considered a money sink, even player death only looses you a very SMALL amount in terms of percentage when it comes to the rebuy vs the total amount spend on the ship and equipment in the first place. The credits are essentially transformed into ships and equipment, and thus are apart of your total value, being killed doesnt really cause all that much loss and thus the time and effort to replace what you did lose isnt that much. (Gold farmers flourish in games where the Risk/Reward quotient is STEEP)

Secondly, the game play is twitch based gameplay, meaning based more on the player's skill, then equipment stats, meaning one unenginnered pulse laser is the same as another, so there is no grinding for the purposes of rerolling stats for the same gear item (think Gear Sets in more traditional MMOs, Gold farmers flourish is games where equipment stats and thus player performance is effected by RNGesus rather then player skill.)

in games like EvE online, if you explode, you lose everything, and to replace it you have to supply 100% of the cost. In games like WoW, gear's stats are determined by chance, and thus going after the same piece of gear by redoing a quest or raid, might give you a better stat version of the item, which is then sought after at a premium.

Thirdly, Money is easy to come by in this game, There are ALOT of money faucets in this game, and very little money sinks, and of the few that exist, the amount of money they can remove from the game economy is negligible. (Gold Farmers floriush in games where the effort to gain even basic resources is high, thus relying on player frustration to justify purchasing from them rather then go through the seemingly larger effort of getting it themselves)

Fourthly, the in game economy is not really affected all that much if at all by player interaction, a pulse laser will cost the same most anywhere, except the few places a particular gear item is on discount, but even then those discounts are not based on anything the player base is doing. (Prices are for the most part fixed, thus gold farmers cannot flood or stifle markets to their advantage)

Fifthly, and this is a BIG one, the game inputs would be extremely hard if not impossible to automate, finding resources, killing NPCs, etc, is based very much on the RNG, which means there would be no real way to create a mass produceable, mass repeatable process to brute force grind, money or resources. How gold farmers work is by brute force and en masse, a predictable, repeatable, automatable series of game inputs to amass resources. YOU CANNOT DO THIS IN ELITE.

All these factors are barriers to profit for gold farmers, and thus gold farmers don't consider this game as a viable canidate for farming. In short, The classic farming models don't work in a twitch based game like this. THERE IS NO PROFIT TO BE HAD.

This has nothing to do with the fact that players can't trade amongst themselves. That is a ridiculous belief to have, and yes, that indictement even runs up to the top of the ladder with David Braban and the dev team for building a game without a player to player trade system on THAT basis alone.

Not having a basic feature that is normal for practically any multiplayer game because of some irrational fear is precisely why this game continues to fall short on even the most basic of expectations. And continuing to peddle it as some rational justification only serves to further create excuses for further failure of vision.

Last edited:

Lestat

Banned
1 im sorry is this the elite(1984) forum or Elite dangerous's(2014) forum, now ED has been out for 4+ years get your stuff in order boy. and yes SC is in alpha(i hate the game btw) but you can play it: walk,fly,land,take off, go into barren aplanet(with atmosphere). any more irrelevant excuses you want to add?
Thing is Elite has a 34-year history with David Braben the CEO of Frontier. You might not like it but its facts. So stop trying to distort facts.

2 it took NMS 2 years to fix it with a small team; frontier having a bigger team hasn't done much in the atmo progression department after 4+ years. im talking about developer dedication and competence; get it?
Why not look at the other two games. NMS. If they slow down and do a better job of rendering and maybe go into fact-checking. The 3 planet moon size small medium large planet or lack of gravity changes does not give real depth to the game and the cartoonish feel is not a game I want to play. The only way people can make the game look better is using Mods.

Or in the case SC they are doing too much and it not getting off the ground. The game stutters like hell.

Now we have the game Elite Dangerous. With Frontier 34 years of history working on Elite. Here a few things your not monitoring. Look at Jurassic World also made by Frontier Look at the Graphics vs NMS. We can also look at Planet Coaster. Look at the Graphics vs NMS. What I hoping is they will use the two games to make below to make Elite Better. Like planet atmosphere.

[video=youtube;SlPExTouNeo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlPExTouNeo[/video]

Then we have Planet Coaster [video=youtube;5sPZmn7D3NM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sPZmn7D3NM"]Planet Coaster[/video]

3 im already bored to explain space legs and the is a new game excuse, thats whta frontier would love for people to think to charge you DLC which at this point people are already willing to pay for it.
It comes back to. Do you want it done right or be like Star Citizen and have problems? My old system was Midrange on SC. My game was so jerky I deleted it. With my Current build with an i7 8750 6 core laptop, 512 SSD Nvidia 1070 8gb ram listed below, I'm able to run it on 30fps or over. They still need to work on it. If we look at Planet Coaster we can see people walking around. How do we know they are not using those same games in Combat and Walking for Elite Dangerous?

4 if elite is about "player and Their ship" why do we have powerplay then? why care about allegiances or aliens? if what you where saying is true the only feature that should be optimist would be pvp and pve, and all dlc should be all about ships and commanders not thargoids, guardians, and superpowers. last time that i check Elite is a space Sim. so let us do space simulation. and btw all those base features is endgame content; you know... something that you and your friends can dedicate together. maybe you dont have people to play with.
See Thargoid Been in Elite when it first came out in 1984. So they have a history. I really don't play Powerplay. So you are going to have to ask about that. I might buy a third account to be in power play. Yes, I have 2 accounts already.

5 i read you article and it has some solid point maybe eve economy is not such a good idea i have to dig deeper into this economy stuff. but i still dont see the problem of manufacturing modules and selling it to npcs or comanders. it should ease the let me fly 30 ly to get this 8A powerplant and you can have a home system where u can play with other. i think that powerplay is still garbage.
I do know about bots because I deal with them with Cryptocurrency Trading bots and in the older games I use to play I would have the bots farm for hours for me. If your idea was I can point out how Bots can be used to hurt the game.

6 what is wrong with having needing other players and compensating them for their time?

7 the player to player transaction could be only by conditions, and we can add a cap on transactions from player to player or only between player squadrons .
I really don't want to have to repeat about Gold sellers/Bots. I know how they work and how they make money. Any transactions caps can be avoided using multiple accounts.

Last edited:
Thing is Elite has a 34-year history with David Braben the CEO of Frontier. You might not like it but its facts. So stop trying to distort facts.

Why not look at the other two games. NMS. If they slow down and do a better job of rendering and maybe go into fact-checking. The 3 planet moon size small medium large planet or lack of gravity changes does not give real depth to the game and the cartoonish feel is not a game I want to play. The only way people can make the game look better is using Mods.

Or in the case SC they are doing too much and it not getting off the ground. The game stutters like hell.

Now we have the game Elite Dangerous. With Frontier 34 years of history working on Elite. Here a few things your not monitoring. Look at Jurassic World also made by Frontier Look at the Graphics vs NMS. We can also look at Planet Coaster. Look at the Graphics vs NMS. What I hoping is they will use the two games to make below to make Elite Better. Like planet atmosphere.

Then we have Planet Coaster

It comes back to. Do you want it done right or be like Star Citizen and have problems? My old system was Midrange on SC. My game was so jerky I deleted it. With my Current build with an i7 8750 6 core laptop, 512 SSD Nvidia 1070 8gb ram listed below, I'm able to run it on 30fps or over. They still need to work on it. If we look at Planet Coaster we can see people walking around. How do we know they are not using those same games in Combat and Walking for Elite Dangerous?

See Thargoid Been in Elite when it first came out in 1984. So they have a history. I really don't play Powerplay. So you are going to have to ask about that. I might buy a third account to be in power play. Yes, I have 2 accounts already.

I do know about bots because I deal with them with Cryptocurrency Trading bots and in the older games I use to play I would have the bots farm for hours for me. If your idea was I can point out how Bots can be used to hurt the game.

I really don't want to have to repeat about Gold sellers/Bots. I know how they work and how they make money. Any transactions caps can be avoided using multiple accounts.

1 i know about elite and all its history but this is an Elite dangerous Forum; elite, Fronteir: elite II, and Frontier: first encounter are different games complete separated to it. and i came to this thread to suggest features to improve Elite dangerous, not the rest. So no my friend i'm not distorting facts. therefore i wont stop saying that this game is 4+ years.

2 im aware of the games that they develop but this begs the question: are they putting elite in the back burner or JWE and PC are the back burner. By the way that frontier is developing it seem that they are going to slow. they could start by adding an atmosphere to a barren planet. wish is rumored to be release like this but we keep getting more bugs and bots(guardians). i dont remember seeing a big group of people asking for this features.

3 regarding the bots i will admit that im not very informed in this matter but bots should not be a deterrent to stop progress, lets do stuff and if it gets damaged lets fix it. not trying is worst than not doing at all.

4 i would like to retract my "cap transaction" comment and add a player to player lend system.

step 1) 2 players (pA) (pB) will trade lets say: a powerplant that belongs to pA is "lend" to pB. the powerplant will have an icon indicating the "lend" status

step 2) pB cant sell it nor trade it [except to (pA)]

step 3)only upgrading the module to G5 can erase the "lend" icon

this could be a solution. what you think?

Oh my god, you're adorable.... you actually believe this don't you?

Let me demolish your point by explaining what OTHER factors are FAR greater at protecting this game then just not having a P2P (Player to Player) trading system.

1) ED isn't as popular as some of the other games you often find gold sellers in, like say WoW by several orders of magnitude

2) Elite isnt really an MMO, i know they as in Fdev like to think that, but given the fact this game has a hard time having more then 2 or 3 people in an instance before causing an instance crash. yeah, i dont think so.

3) Money in this game really isn't a consumable resource but rather more like experience points, what I mean is, having more money gives you access to better ships, better equipment, and the ability to have more of said equipment. Because there is very little loss when you sell your ships and equipment, if any, that's not considered a money sink, even player death only looses you a very SMALL amount in terms of percentage when it comes to the rebuy vs the total amount spend on the ship and equipment in the first place. The credits are essentially transformed into ships and equipment, and thus are apart of your total value, being killed doesnt really cause all that much loss and thus the time and effort to replace what you did lose isnt that much. (Gold farmers flourish in games where the Risk/Reward quotient is STEEP)

Secondly, the game play is twitch based gameplay, meaning based more on the player's skill, then equipment stats, meaning one unenginnered pulse laser is the same as another, so there is no grinding for the purposes of rerolling stats for the same gear item (think Gear Sets in more traditional MMOs, Gold farmers flourish is games where equipment stats and thus player performance is effected by RNGesus rather then player skill.)

in games like EvE online, if you explode, you lose everything, and to replace it you have to supply 100% of the cost. In games like WoW, gear's stats are determined by chance, and thus going after the same piece of gear by redoing a quest or raid, might give you a better stat version of the item, which is then sought after at a premium.

Thirdly, Money is easy to come by in this game, There are ALOT of money faucets in this game, and very little money sinks, and of the few that exist, the amount of money they can remove from the game economy is negligible. (Gold Farmers floriush in games where the effort to gain even basic resources is high, thus relying on player frustration to justify purchasing from them rather then go through the seemingly larger effort of getting it themselves)

Fourthly, the in game economy is not really affected all that much if at all by player interaction, a pulse laser will cost the same most anywhere, except the few places a particular gear item is on discount, but even then those discounts are not based on anything the player base is doing. (Prices are for the most part fixed, thus gold farmers cannot flood or stifle markets to their advantage)

Fifthly, and this is a BIG one, the game inputs would be extremely hard if not impossible to automate, finding resources, killing NPCs, etc, is based very much on the RNG, which means there would be no real way to create a mass produceable, mass repeatable process to brute force grind, money or resources. How gold farmers work is by brute force and en masse, a predictable, repeatable, automatable series of game inputs to amass resources. YOU CANNOT DO THIS IN ELITE.

All these factors are barriers to profit for gold farmers, and thus gold farmers don't consider this game as a viable canidate for farming. In short, The classic farming models don't work in a twitch based game like this. THERE IS NO PROFIT TO BE HAD.

This has nothing to do with the fact that players can't trade amongst themselves. That is a ridiculous belief to have, and yes, that indictement even runs up to the top of the ladder with David Braban and the dev team for building a game without a player to player trade system on THAT basis alone.

Not having a basic feature that is normal for practically any multiplayer game because of some irrational fear is precisely why this game continues to fall short on even the most basic of expectations. And continuing to peddle it as some rational justification only serves to further create excuses for further failure of vision.

thank you for your input this really explains a LOT i entirely agree with you, maybe the other payers will understand that P2P trading can be done. again thank you for your lengthy explanation.

Rep+++++

1 atmo planets; I am slightly not agree about rising system requirements just to see clouds, godrays and whatever else related to air.

2 space legs; I am happy with current space station reception, I do not want spend time walking station to visit contacts; I do not want walk planets spending hours travelling from A to B; it is a space simulator and I want to return to pew pew as fast as possible.

3 crew. I do not need base. My ship is my home in the game. I do not want economic related activities.

4 explorer finds resource rich system Actually I did not quite get why you can't play this scenario now with friends.

5 add player to player trade/donate function. We have such activities already as missions from factions. I can use my imagination and easily pretend that I am doing a mission for real player. This changes nothing actually.

I have a feeling that the game is perfect.[noob]

+INFINITE

I don't grind, for me there isn't any.

Now lets deal with this, atmospheric planets in NMS.

The average size of a planet in NMS is 70km radius, yes you read that right, seventy kilometers. You can walk, yes walk, not drive or fly around one in about 12 hours. Do you understand the difference between simulating weather and atmospheric effects for a body 70kmin radius compared to bodies 7,000km+ radius? NMS is basically a toy to make you think you are playing a space game, and that's fine if that's what you want, but don't lets compare something that doesn't even try to be a realistic space sim to ED, the difference between the two is enormous in both scale and intentions.

I have played standard MMO's that have larger maps, and NMS essentially only has to do it a few times then hit copy/paste because the planets only consist of 5 types, whereas ED bodies properties are determined by a huge number of factors that can lead to thousands of different types of planets. The stellar forge generates a galaxy as realistic it is possible to do with current gaming technology, it's basically cutting edge gaming simulation territory so lets not draw comparisons, it's not fair to either game.

Saying NMS did it therefore it must be easy shows no understanding of the problems involved.

+INF

1) As has been pointed out, modeling science based atmospherics is not a simple task. Now multiply it by thousands as you add various types of stars, planets and satellites to the mix.

2) As has also been pointed out, space legs is a whole new game grafted on top of the flying the space ship game we have. There needs to be some reason to do it otherwise it's wasted dev time.

3) And yet another entire game worth of programming to add on top of out flying a spaceship game, though this and spacelegs could work together.

4) No. If this was Eve in cockpits I'd never have bought it. Go play Eve.

5) No. Gold sellers. Nuff said.

This game is built around the premise you are a lone pilot out there trying to make your way in the galaxy. Your proposals would shift that to the players are the focus of the galaxy, changing the entire premise of the game. I do not want to play the game you propose, and I suspect many of those who have disagreed with you feel the same.

+ INF

Lestat

Banned
1 i know about elite and all its history but this is an Elite dangerous Forum; elite, Fronteir: elite II, and Frontier: first encounter are different games complete separated to it. and i came to this thread to suggest features to improve Elite dangerous, not the rest. So no my friend i'm not distorting facts. therefore i wont stop saying that this game is 4+ years.
For us older crowd who are older than 45. We factor in the whole Elite Franchise because we played all the games. We are not going to be narrow-minded. So stop trying to change our views. Because will not change our views. So stop with your 4 year.

2 im aware of the games that they develop but this begs the question: are they putting elite in the back burner or JWE and PC are the back burner. By the way that frontier is developing it seem that they are going to slow. they could start by adding an atmosphere to a barren planet. wish is rumored to be release like this but we keep getting more bugs and bots(guardians). i dont remember seeing a big group of people asking for this features.
I think they have a bigger plan. Let look at Planet Coaster. it looks like you can walk around. If they do the same in the Jurassic world game. It could have combat with Dinosaurs. We need more info. But it a hope.

We can look at both games The plant life and atmosphere of both games. They look great. Frontier is going to do their research. Like, ask Scientists questions.

1 What Elements and gasses could change what planet animal, Plant looks?

2 How will gravity affect Animal Plants looks?

3 We already got an idea Thergoid is not a ship but a type of life form. Could their be more space life form?

4 What about Tempature of planets. How can that affect Plants and Animals.

Question is dose NMS have any of this?

3 regarding the bots i will admit that im not very informed in this matter but bots should not be a deterrent to stop progress, lets do stuff and if it gets damaged lets fix it. not trying is worst than not doing at all.
All you can do with bots is trick them with Captcha.

4 i would like to retract my "cap transaction" comment and add a player to player lend system.

step 1) 2 players (pA) (pB) will trade lets say: a powerplant that belongs to pA is "lend" to pB. the powerplant will have an icon indicating the "lend" status

step 2) pB cant sell it nor trade it [except to (pA)]

step 3)only upgrading the module to G5 can erase the "lend" icon

this could be a solution. what you think?
I think it something Frontier might look at.

About the "spacelegs" it would be fun but it is not mandatory. I would be satisfied if I just would be able to walk around my ship.

IMHO if you feel that ED is too "grindy". I think it is because you are trying to rush to the biggest ships/equipment available. (That was also my mistake in the beginning.)
Being able to build a base is not something I am interested in. I what I would like is some sort of VIP star port in some systems where you can buy a landing pad where "only you" can land. With some privileges, like free fuel or something similar. Of course you will only be able to buy such VIP landing pad if you have a max rep/influance with ruling party.
In Power play there should be more than 5 ranks to make it easier to start doing it with lower merits required to rank up in the lower ranks. For me now it is to overwhelming. it goes from 10 to 100(?) It should be something more like 1-5-10-50-100-500-...

Why would anyone wish to land on a planet with an atmosphere? What's the point of playing a space sim in the first place. Then just go play FSX or something instead. Its like buying a Ferrari but instead of driving it you would rather walk.

Last edited:

Lestat

Banned
About the "spacelegs" it would be fun but it is not mandatory. I would be satisfied if I just would be able to walk around my ship.
A lot of people agree with you.

IMHO if you feel that ED is too "grindy". I think it is because you are trying to rush to the biggest ships/equipment available. (That was also my mistake in the beginning.)
A little common sense goes a long way. I do agree with you.

Being able to build a base is not something I am interested in. I what I would like is some sort of VIP star port in some systems where you can buy a landing pad where "only you" can land. With some privileges, like free fuel or something similar. Of course you will only be able to buy such VIP landing pad if you have a max rep/influance with ruling party.
When you get to Elite in one of Trade/Combat/Exploration. You are able to go to Founders world. You are able to get Ships at a lower cost. It should Most of the upgrades.

In Power play there should be more than 5 ranks to make it easier to start doing it with lower merits required to rank up in the lower ranks. For me now it is to overwhelming. it goes from 10 to 100(?) It should be something more like 1-5-10-50-100-500-...
Mostly Explored on one Account and Trading on another account so Not sure.

Why would anyone wish to land on a planet with an atmosphere? What's the point of playing a space sim in the first place. Then just go play FSX or something instead. Its like buying a Ferrari but instead of driving it you would rather walk.
The point I can make rather has them do it right. When they atmosphere vs other games which is random and make no sense.

they refused my application, they said that im too ambitious and the staff didn't feel like working for the following months. Rigth now they have the interns doing ship kits(more spoilers) and Mr. Braben is having a Beer with Mr. Roberts on The lounge.

Me too, I got turned down because of my seeming objectivity, advanced listening skills and a refusal to join a uncritical back slapping boys own culture. ;)

Still I think I'm great... Still.

Lestat

Banned
A lot of people agree with you.

A little common sense goes a long way. I do agree with you.

When you get to Elite in one of Trade/Combat/Exploration. You are able to go to Founders world. You are able to get Ships at a lower cost. It should Most of the upgrades.

Mostly Explored on one Account and Trading on another account so Not sure.

The point I can make. I rather have them do it right when they atmosphere vs other games which is random and make no sense.

For us older crowd who are older than 45. We factor in the whole Elite Franchise because we played all the games. We are not going to be narrow-minded. So stop trying to change our views. Because will not change our views. So stop with your 4 year.

Bro its irrelevant, i know you care about the elite franchise in general which it is 20+ years old and that's fine but is not about being narrow minded is about development time and release. In this instance we are talking about ED, released in 2014 and its development. This has nothing to do with ignoring the other games; they are irrelevant to this thread completely and im not trying to change your mind. put it this way Assassin Creed Odyssey was released on 2018 i wouldn't say that the game is 11y/o i woulds say that the franchise is 11y/o but AC 1 is irrelevant in the development aspect to AC odyssey. the only thing in common is the story.

Top Bottom