The Gnosis Isn't Going To The Cone Sector, And Was Never Going To.

As we know the gnosis is run by a player group, and the players who run it were taking it to the cone sector and frontier locked the one system it was going to. And when the player group asked to go anyway, Fdev, instead of simply denying the request, decided to get it hyperdicted. Fdev never was going to allow the gnosis to enter the cone sector. It’s just not gonna happen, sure, maybe there’ll be a CG out there or something to repair the gnosis. But it’s highly highly unlikely it’ll ever get to the cone sector. Hey, I could be wrong, I hope I am, but it’s just not gonna happen

It was never meant to get there. Regions in ED are locked for a reason.

Cannon insisted. FD instead of saying simply no for design reasons, choose way to weave story into lore, because they felt getting accused of God mode was getting bored.

Cannon insisted. FD instead of saying simply no for design reasons, choose way to weave story into lore, because they felt getting accused of God mode was getting bored.

Like drugs, Just say no.

so they decided to PUNISH Canonn for their insolence?

....along with 11000 other players who got caught up in the hype.

• Like (+1)
Reactions: Imo
Punish? They created first real time attack on station in game! It was amazing!

Punish? Please. After bug fixes I might try to reach Gnosis and help.

People were already doing that by themselves. The ship itself isnt being attacked. I was doing this for monthes just luring thargoids to stations, and while Im glad Fdev is getting on board with that, again, this isnt anything we havent seen before.

People were already doing that by themselves. The ship itself isnt being attacked. I was doing this for monthes just luring thargoids to stations, and while Im glad Fdev is getting on board with that, again, this isnt anything we havent seen before.

First time it is directed by FD and designed as part of the game. And yes, they are not attacking ship yet. I hope they add that in future.

At any rate; The demand from when attacked stations were introduced, about players not getting to get there and try to do something until *after* the deed had been done, has been met, to some degree. Maybe player defensive action statistics will inform how things unfold...

Haven't had an opportunity to play yet: Did the news also suggest a non-violent interaction alternative; Luring inter-magpie-ceptors away by dangling meta alloy foil in front of them, or was that just flavour text/no more than a three minute respite?

Either way, I guess the news have been conveyed, that the Thargoids really don't want us to go to the Cone sector...

At any rate; The demand from when attacked stations were introduced, about players not getting to get there and try to do something until *after* the deed had been done, has been met, to some degree. Maybe player defensive action statistics will inform how things unfold...

Haven't had an opportunity to play yet: Did the news also suggest a non-violent interaction alternative; Luring inter-magpie-ceptors away by dangling meta alloy foil in front of them, or was that just flavour text/no more than a three minute respite?

Either way, I guess the news have been conveyed, that the Thargoids really don't want us to go to the Cone sector...

No it hasmt, the attack already happend, the Gnosis is already disabled. During downtime. As usual.

Scouts dont care about Mats, so no. Same Xeno stuff but now they spawn at the ship.

In fact, we could do LESS About it, because unlike stations we couldnt kill thargoids in surrounding NHSS to stop it.

You know how we can target other ships as soon as they spawn in the hangar, before the landing-pad is raised to the deck?

Presumably, NPCs have the same ability.
As soon as you hit the "Launch" button, your ship would be bombarded and it's systems would be out before you could get off the pad.
If you were lucky you could reboot and get into the air before being destroyed.
My Annie had 1,500mj shields and 2,200 integrity and I made it off the pad wit 17% hull remaining.

So, no.

There wasn't any opportunity for anything other than pew-pew.

I suppose that after the initial attack it might be possible to go fetch MAs to "lure" the 'goids away.
Not really sure why that'd be required, though, unless the goids are designed to go away once they've been fed enough MAs.

Don't really care. Not there any more. Not interested.

I'll choose, for now, to differentiate between "disabled" and "wrecked", and think of the scouts as the vanguard, waiting for the larger ships to come and do the actual pummeling.

Whether this is misguided, we'll see, I guess.

You know how we can target other ships as soon as they spawn in the hangar, before the landing-pad is raised to the deck?

Presumably, NPCs have the same ability.
As soon as you hit the "Launch" button, your ship would be bombarded and it's systems would be out before you could get off the pad.
My Annie had 1,500mj shields and 2,200 integrity and I made it off the pad wit 17% hull remaining.

So, no.

There wasn't any opportunity for anything other than pew-pew.

I suppose that after the initial attack it might be possible to go fetch MAs to "lure" the 'goids away.
Not really sure why that'd be required, though, unless the goids are designed to go away once they've been fed enough MAs.

Don't really care. Not there any more. Not interested.

I was getting spammed with Caustic missile before even leaving the pad. Not even trying tonleave the pad, I was just sitting on the oad and they were shooting at me XD.

I'll choose, for now, to differentiate between "disabled" and "wrecked", and think of the scouts as the vanguard, waiting for the larger ships to come and do the actual pummeling.

Whether this is misguided, we'll see, I guess.

This already happened, they big guns came in, took out the Gnosis, and left the scouts to picknon the remains.

Actually before Fdev changed it, the Big guns were still there, wrecking Players as soon as they took off.

That bad, huh? Guess I'll leave the computer be and bide my time, then. :p

Punish? They created first real time attack on station in game! It was amazing!

Punish? Please. After bug fixes I might try to reach Gnosis and help.

I'll have to take your word for it since I was unable to even log in to enjoy this "amazing" content, due to repeated technical issues with the blasted login server

Because programming your AI Thargoid fleet to interdict a player controlled asset to attack it with an infinite supply of respawns is... NOT god mode?

What?

Where is this interpretation of events coming from? The systems they were trying to jump to were not initially locked, only surrounded by locked systems, and weren't locked until after the jump was publicized if I'm recalling events correctly. Additionally there isn't anything to suggest FDev denied the request and had their hand forced by Canonn "insisting" on anything. In fact, FDev's own wording suggested Canonn didn't know of this outcome or the intent to prevent them from reaching the systems for future narrative reasons.

Top Bottom