General Gameplay JP'93 (and Site-B'97-2001) Buildings Pack DLC

We happy!!!!!

We finally achieved (in part) what we wanted !!!! While it would be beautiful to see the Ford Explorer (maybe they didn't get the rights or something else) but we have the JP Classic. Hopefully more news and suspicions are revealed as the weeks go by.

** OLD POST:
Your Feature Request / Idea
Ford Explorer Tour, Visitor Center, Fences, Gates, Hatchery. Laboratory from Site-B, Visitor Center from Site-B, Aviary, Skins for iconics dinosaurs from the franchise.

giphy.gif

It has been a year since I made this request, all the rumors seem to be true, let's make this topic a more important one and publish all our ideas. We have until November or December for some idea to come true in this 1993 DLC.

More than 7 thousand visits to this topic!!!

Last edited:
Was about to post the same suggestion. It has been brought up earlier by others but can't be repeated enough.

If you're like me you grew up with the first JP, and the same can be said about other forum members. A JP93 plus Lost World DLC is the feature I'd like to see the most. I find the Jurassic World look to be too sterile and bland.

Besides the aforementioned features suggested by the OP, I'd like to see the vehicles from Lost World as well. Mercedes SUV's, Harvesters, the RV, etc. Harvesters could be deployed to catch smaller escaped assets, and the RV could be used for scientific purposes. The High Hide would also be a nice addition.

Was about to post the same suggestion. It has been brought up earlier by others but can't be repeated enough.

If you're like me you grew up with the first JP, and the same can be said about other forum members. A JP93 plus Lost World DLC is the feature I'd like to see the most. I find the Jurassic World look to be too sterile and bland.

Besides the aforementioned features suggested by the OP, I'd like to see the vehicles from Lost World as well. Mercedes SUV's, Harvesters, the RV, etc. Harvesters could be deployed to catch smaller escaped assets, and the RV could be used for scientific purposes. The High Hide would also be a nice addition.

Yes of course, I think this is one of the greatest wishes of every fan, to relive the first park, those beautiful Ford Explorer of the basic tour, the visitor center and the ruins of what was once the greatest mystery within the franchise, the Site-B.

How I would love to see the TLW Jeeps again and see the JP3 Aviary maybe in some DLC next to "flying dinosaurs".

mike-woods-1-4.jpg

mike-woods-1291916-228087397398242-7849873300798113547-o.jpg

If Park Drive does get added to the game, there need to be two major differences to its onscreen predecessor; the ride's new ability to safely travel through herbivore enclosures, giving visitors unrestricted views of the park's gentle giants. For the carnivores (and potentially dangerous herbivores, such as Triceratops), the tour vehicles can travel on specially constructed embankments overlooking the fences of the park's more dangerous dinosaurs.

I think the same, I think we all want these buildings. In fact, when I started playing JWE and unlocked Isla Sorna, I thought that I was really going to see the whole island with its dilapidated buildings that we could possibly have repaired and used (maybe in this instance we could have added the workers' camp and the laboratory as buildings that could bring you different missions and new research). I think I was naive to think about all these things, and when the time came to discover that none of that had been taken into account was a great disappointment to me, I think that marked a turning point in wanting to continue playing the game. It may really have been very dreamy to think about all these things, but I'm really a fan of the saga and would love to see all this intertwined with the new trilogy. Returning to the issue in particular, yes, I would like to see those vehicles and buildings of JP and The Lost World.

5 stars!

I actually typed up a more in-depth run-down as to how this idea would play out almost a hundred pages back in the Wish List thread.​
Prequel Missions​
ObYZEOG.jpg
Having spent the entire day playing the game on Mantaceros, I'm already under the impression that the entire game is set post-Jurassic World so the game probably still has plenty of surprises for me but, in the off-chance that this idea isn't already in the game, I'll pitch these ideas I had for post-Nublar content.

While this game does offer the ability to create our dream dinosaur park on all 5 of the islands, what if there was a New Game+ situation where players could make THE Dream Park?

Scenario A: Site B
NbHsHw7.jpg
The year is 1989. You take on the role of an unnamed InGen associate that was appointed to aid John Hammond in making his dinosaur park a reality.
Your mission is to set up operations on the island of Isla Sorna complete with Living Quarters for the works (a possible add-on feature), Research Centers, Creation Labs, Expedition Centers, and holding pens for all the animals that will be shipped to the main island (Isla Nublar).

You will have to excavate fossils based on records of real-world dig sites from 1993 and earlier dates.
You could stick to the known InGen list of dinosaurs or you could go to town by breeding whatever the heck you dig up.

This scenario will probably be a bit unorthodox when compared to the vanilla game mechanics since you'll probably have to rely on contracts and mineral sales for extra income due to the absence of guests.

Speaking of contracts, instead of the associates featured in the game, you would get the following...​

John Hammond in place of Cabot Finch. While no one can truly replace the late, great, Richard Attenborough, he could be voiced by either his brother (David Attenborough) or someone that convincingly sounds like John Hammond.

John Arnold in the Head of Security role (with Samuel Jackson reprising his role if you guys can afford him)

Robert Muldoon playing the help tips role similar to what Owen does in the vanilla game.

Ed Regis for Head of Entertainment (that guy with the hat that drove the jeep in the first half of JP). He could probably be voiced by anyone since he didn't have any dialogue in the film.

Young Henry Wu as Head of Science (voiced by a young person obviously).

Dennis Nedry (voiced by Wayne Knight) would take Wu's place as the antagonizing character. Instead of being bitter all the time (like Wu was) he could be smug and full of himself like he was in the original movie. Granted, any sabotage that occurs will probably be him but, he'll predictably accuse other people and get away with it (because we already know what happens).

Scenario B: Isla Nublar​
1NbBF1b.jpg
After finishing Scenario A, the player would be moved to the main island where they would be tasked by John Hammond to build his park.
There would be a series of missions and contracts that involve building the locations from the original park as well as locations that were either in the film or the novel (which is where the other wish list request comes into play).

The player would have to follow through with all of these tasks while also staying on their toes to overcome chaotic events like tropical storms, corporate rivals, unruly dinosaurs (like the Big One), and maintaining plenty of counter-measures to prevent the events of the first film from happening (the incident).

Scenario C and D: San Diego and Orlando​
IOed8lA.jpg
These scenarios are hit-or-miss as they could imply that the off-site locations would become realities after the success of the Jurassic Park.
Ergo, an alternate time line. In the film lore, a park was to be built in both San Diego and Orlando if Nublar turned out to be a success (the Orlando park was a tie-in to the now defunct ride in Universal Studios: Florida that's actually mentioned in ride's narrative).

Scenario E: The Legacy Continues​
uLgGcS1.jpg
The time of the game skips back to near present-day.
John Hammond has sadly passed away and he left the park in the ownership of the player instead of his nephew, Peter Ludlow (who is still alive in this timeline). Imagine this as an alternate timeline tailored specifically for an expansion pack that could potentially be the mother of all expansion packs.

The player is tasked with upgrading the original park (the game would load the player's original park layout and assets) with modernized features from the base game in conjunction to the classic Jurassic Park features (i.e. no Visitor Center ruins).
The divisions would then feature a mix of new and old with older John Arnold still as head of Security, Henry Wu (not as an antagonist) as the head of Science, and Isaac Clement as the head of Entertainment.

The player would even be able to research new content and even breed the JP3 Spinosaurus and the Indominus Rex as risky contracts from Wu (even if they do go against Hammond's vision).

I wouldn't even be mad if I had to pay for these scenarios as DLC because it would probably be the greatest piece of fan-service the JP community could ever get ♥

Last edited:
I think the same, I think we all want these buildings. In fact, when I started playing JWE and unlocked Isla Sorna, I thought that I was really going to see the whole island with its dilapidated buildings that we could possibly have repaired and used (maybe in this instance we could have added the workers' camp and the laboratory as buildings that could bring you different missions and new research). I think I was naive to think about all these things, and when the time came to discover that none of that had been taken into account was a great disappointment to me, I think that marked a turning point in wanting to continue playing the game. It may really have been very dreamy to think about all these things, but I'm really a fan of the saga and would love to see all this intertwined with the new trilogy. Returning to the issue in particular, yes, I would like to see those vehicles and buildings of JP and The Lost World.

5 stars!

Agreed. The existing Sorna was a pretty big letdown. It was just a bigger map with a different shape and some starter dinos. Without even implementing the correct foliage, its has nothing to call itself Sorna aside from its name.

5 stars!

I must mention that I also thought of something similar, but the dream is pessimistic because I never expect much from a game of which I am a fan of a movie, so I resigned myself to wait for what comes and try to play and have fun.

But as the saying goes in my country.

"It's never too late for something"

Seems to be one of the most, if not the most, popular request on this forum. I'm sure that Frontier has taken note.

A DLC like this would really carry the game for quite a while.

Seems to be one of the most, if not the most, popular request on this forum. I'm sure that Frontier has taken note.

A DLC like this would really carry the game for quite a while.

Yep. I've also 5-starred this BUT I'm not buying a DLC such as this until the rest of the game is finished and polished. Don't really think the time has come for this yet, sadly.

No one going to address the proposal I brought up on page 1?

What you present is interesting and i wouldnt mind going all the way back to the past and playing some different sides of the events that transpired and the like. It might be a bit of a tall order for some of these things, but not impossible, would just take a fair bit of time, tho that would be mostly in the map creation, bucketloads of building assets etc and obviously scripting. The one hiccup i find in your proposal is using certain characters that unfortunately there seem to be some licensing issues like John Arnold etc, as theres apparently a reason why his image in the InGen database is only his hand and not his face, so that sort of stuff might prove to be some trouble.

Ultimately while i would like to see scenarios like this and i think they will beautifully vary the things you can do in the game as well as add new content and visual themes, realistically first things first is seeing the base game be improved and perfected, obviously. When it comes to bonus content, i do agree with most of what you said. My one gripe might be the Sand Diego thing, as i always hated how small that park looked, not like something that could house massive animals that need lots of territory, but seeing as we never actually saw the real thing, i guess Frontier can be somewhat liberal with the space we get.

The way i see your idea working with this suggestion, and honestly the best way this suggestion could be brought into the game is if each of these scenarios came with their own... well i suppose "Park Skins", which would include different models for all buildings (maybe even fences, i do love me the tougher looking fences in the older JP movies), as WELL as as you mention different voice packs. As you suggest, original characters should go back and reprise their roles in some way, replacing Owen, Claire and the rest of the JWE cast. Since there arent that many voice lines in there right now in general i dont think this would be a tall order. Perhaps in the original JP scenario and the Site B breeding facility set up you suggest, John Hammond can take the role of the financial and ratings advisor, where Finch is now, but in the San Diego one, it would instead be Peter Ludlow, who would be much less friendly.

So to further this, all of these "Park Skins", buildings and voiceover packs, should be things you would be able to choose while starting a Challenge mode and/or the potential Sandbox Mode, separate from the campaign. Perhaps you would be able to change these also while ingame in these modes, from the settings screen where you currently change the time of day.

This is all heaploads of assets tho, so while id like to see these happen, or at least, stuff like them, id put it off for a year or two till the game is more rounded as i said above, and then we get them one at a time.

Last edited:
I don't like "Jurassic World" movies. Only good from thoose movies it's a new dinosaurs for the game. And style of buildings from this movies like "meeeeh?" Nothing original, I see that style in "modern art" gallery. But if we have DLC with buildungs from original "Jurassic Park" - hell yeah! Just... Where is this picture with Fry when I need it?

Top Bottom