Dinosaurs T-Rex Lost World Buck/JP3 Skin

Your Feature Request / Idea
I seem to be on a T-Rex kick but i just found this AMAZING image on the reddit forums which perfectly details one of i think the single most wanted skins for the T-Rex:

gm122ewsflr11.png

Please Frontier, PLEASE add this skin.. maybe make this the Rex's Wetland pattern as it currently doesn't have one?

Link to the original reddit post - https://www.reddit.com/r/jurassicworldevo/comments/9jmzud/the_lost_world_trex_buck_skin/

The same user, Evanus, who is also on these forums made another image this time with the actual JP3 skin here, im including it as i already put that in the title:

clytbxkwwlp11.png

Perhaps this one can be Woodland Pattern?

Please, Frontier, these skins would punch the appeal of the Rex through the roof! I would honestly even pay for them if i had to!

Addendum! Evanuss has just created a skin for the original T-Rex from JP itself, which is something I've advocated for before. Could this skin perhaps replace the current plain brown one? If not, just being another skin somehow. I personally think the scars might be too much issue on some grounds but if theyre also added they would certainly make the animal very distinct! The shadows around the eyes and the stripes are imperative i think, however! What a gorgeous and iconic skin! Please Frontier, find a way to put this in as it looks so much better than just the dull unpatterned brown of the current rex.

su27u45yglq11.png

And another addition, the Lost World Female Rex!
gp2w82u03tq11.png

Last edited:
David that looks awesome frontier should definitely add this skin...

Give the thread a rate if you think so and are allowed to :p But i couldnt agree more. This skin alone would make me play the game again and again and again XD

How do you give star rating? Maybe I’m not allowed though I don’t know how u rate

It should be on the greenish bar above the top post on the page, though i think your account needs to have made a few posts before you can do that. It's among hte options to the right and says Rate Thread. If you dont see it then i guess you need to make more posts :p

It should be on the greenish bar above the top post on the page, though i think your account needs to have made a few posts before you can do that. It's among hte options to the right and says Rate Thread. If you dont see it then i guess you need to make more posts :p
Done it bro all good you got a 5 ��

Yeah good on you mate, Evanus great skin cobber! Send some sort of official thing to frontier like on visitor welcome I wrote to moderators and had a chat with them ended up with 60 views

Dude this looks fantastic! Frontier: please add this in game and let us keep 2 rexes in a pen! That way we could have this one with this skin as a "male" and a dull brown one for a "female" that way its like real birds....males are brighter and females are more dull. Come on, Frontier!

Dude this looks fantastic! Frontier: please add this in game and let us keep 2 rexes in a pen! That way we could have this one with this skin as a "male" and a dull brown one for a "female" that way its like real birds....males are brighter and females are more dull. Come on, Frontier!
savage mate... males brighter females DULLER is that skin (I mean Dino skin) and burn at the same time?

Updated with Evanus' recent actual JP3 skin and adjusted recommendation on which pattern could suit which skin! God these things are so beautiful!

Thanks again :D I might make more T-rex skins soon(ish)

Awesome man! We can keep expanding this thread if you do, but i suggest you make a thread for each dino species you're doing skins for, to showcase em, you do great work! I hope Frontier takes this to heart, they're movie skins after all, it only makes sense they -should- be in the game, im honestly a bit put off that they aren't.

Totally agree with OP but, to keep the skin names from being too obvious, I would call the Lost World Buck skin "Wetland" (because of how naturally splotchy it is).
I agree that the JP3 should be Woodland though.

At the same time, I think the LW one is too dark/saturated (even when compared to the film version).
umWwVIo.jpg

I'm aware that the old film grain mutes some of the colors but, its not as dark as it appears in fan-made (especially not in broad daylight).
I'm referring to the topside portion; not the underbelly. The underbelly should be tinted slightly darker though.

Last edited:
Totally agree with OP but, to keep the skin names from being too obvious, I would call the Lost World Buck skin "Wetland" (because of how naturally splotchy it is).
I agree that the JP3 should be Woodland though.

Oh you're right, its Wetland, not Woodland, doi. I'll change that.

As for the saturation and contrast, you are right about them not being completely accurate but honestly? I kindof prefer it. Lords know we need more colour in this game and the JP3 one does the job of being the muted one, so why not have a very vivid one?

Top Bottom