The Guardian Research Division

I'll get to the beacons when I get to them.

Added two more Brain Tree systems in the Theta Carinae cluster area. There's no discovered Ruins yet in this area. I tried going as far as the Dark Nebulae nearby and there's none there, so though the nebula is close by, it's not associated with it.

Greetings Commanders!

I have been reading this thread in order to become more educated and excited about the Guardians and the new beacons. Well, I have become more educated but not more excited. So I am posting to find out why viscerally the Guardians are so mesmerizing to you. Is it the puzzle aspect? How such a great civilization disappeared? Is it the possibility of the AI still existing? etc.

Personally, I find the Guardian's history to be quite tragic. Although they may be "alien", it seems to me that they are all too human in their inability to find a consensus or peace amongst themselves. Despite their technological achievements, erudition, and an entire galaxy to colonize, they still destroyed themselves.

I am a hopeless idealist. When I play ED I want to fantasize about being in a world with not only technological advancement, but also ethical advancement as well. (I do realize that the Guardians were millions of years ago.....) I would hope that we are not doomed to the same fate!

ty,

o7

Hello there Slange, welcome to the thread :)

You are right, I do find the Guardian storyline mesmerizing, in a way - could be a long story here, but part of it stems back to my childhood when Comet Hale-Bopp passed the earth. It got me thinking back in my teens, and made me wonder if there are any other people out there, or whether or not they were extinct. The thoughts of which made me picture massive broken domes on dead worlds, with personal belongings of extinct aliens collecting dust in the darkness - I was a nerdy and depressed back then, so escapism was awesome.

Roll on to when Man of Steel was released in 2013, and how many of the failed Kryptonians settlements looked when General Zod visited them, was a spooky reminder - roll on 2016, and the first Guardian Ruin was found - I was instantly hooked because of how personal I found it to be to me... though, I do wonder if the whole Guardian storyline was somehow inspired by Man of Steel, rather, Zack Snyder's vision... since both the Kryptons (for the most part) and Guardians are extinct species...

But yeah, that's it really :)

Hello there Slange, welcome to the thread :)

You are right, I do find the Guardian storyline mesmerizing, in a way - could be a long story here, but part of it stems back to my childhood when Comet Hale-Bopp passed the earth. It got me thinking back in my teens, and made me wonder if there are any other people out there, or whether or not they were extinct. The thoughts of which made me picture massive broken domes on dead worlds, with personal belongings of extinct aliens collecting dust in the darkness - I was a nerdy and depressed back then, so escapism was awesome.

Roll on to when Man of Steel was released in 2013, and how many of the failed Kryptonians settlements looked when General Zod visited them, was a spooky reminder - roll on 2016, and the first Guardian Ruin was found - I was instantly hooked because of how personal I found it to be to me... though, I do wonder if the whole Guardian storyline was somehow inspired by Man of Steel, rather, Zack Snyder's vision... since both the Kryptons (for the most part) and Guardians are extinct species...

But yeah, that's it really :)

Wonderful and interesting reply, Commander. Thank you. I am beginning to see why our points of view on the Guardians are so different. You appreciate them and I think I am judging them. It's hard for me to appreciate their lives and culture when all I can see is their extinction. Although I have no interest in obtaining the new Guardian Tech, I will probably pay hommage to a beacon at the very least. And there, I will ask myself, "How would Commander Dreamstate see this?"

o7

I am just wondering if this is new with 3.2... There is a new filter in the GalMap. You can now filter by Civilisation.

There is a system in the Synuefe region that is marked as Allegiance: Guardians. What's special about that system?

I am just wondering if this is new with 3.2... There is a new filter in the GalMap. You can now filter by Civilisation.

There is a system in the Synuefe region that is marked as Allegiance: Guardians. What's special about that system?

It came with 3.0.

Exact workings are still not 100% clear, but it seems to be as follows:

Ancient Ruins - systems were Ancient Ruins have been discovered and the data then turned in to UC show on Galmap.

Guardian Structure - some systems with Guardian Structures show on the Galmap, however what determines which ones appear is unclear.

E5KJn6F.jpg

StCCwKDh.png

The latest additional finds are those of the Guardian Beacons. They are huge, many hundreds of metres in size, and perhaps even comparable to many human space stations.

The biggest question, however, is what are they? What is there ultimate purpose, other than to send commnders to reap the benefits?

As of now, many commanders have worked out that charging the triad of energy pylons causes the beacon to, in effect, wake up (albeit rather fantastically). Once the data core has been scanned, it reveals the location of a nearby system (roughly within 100 light years), in which exists a new, undiscovered Guardian Structure.

These new Guardian Structures are slightly different in design than those that have already been found, and they will yield a new type of blueprint: the Guardian Vessel Blueprint. However, a commnder must present the unique structure and data core a new type of Ancient Relic, otherwise known as an Ancient Key. The Ancient Key can be found below the Guardian Beacon once it has been activated.

It is very different in terms of energy, as it freely spills - what is described as "ethereal" - or highly radiative energy. It shares its appearance with the Ancient Relic. I assume it must either be a more condensed power source, or a newer power source. If the latter is true, then it could be possible that the Guardian Beacons create new "batteries", which, in effect, is what the Ancient Relics are in how they are used and operated at the Guardian Structures.

How they do this could be a multitude of possibilities, such as solar energy collection; or, if it were truly exotic, harvesting energy from Witchspace...

What is even more interesting to me, is that these Beacons exist on the outskirts (or just outside) of the known Guardian Bubble that surrounds the Permit Locked Regor Sector. In a way, perhaps the Brain Trees were a forshadowing of what lay beyond the original bubble filled with Ancient Ruins and Guardian Structures. Perhaps their territory was much bigger than we had originally estimated?

That would make sense, since they were a space faring civilization that had expanded rapidly, with the potential to have expanded much further than we currently have within a few hundred years, during their Modern Era.

Perhaps these Beacons are also situated on the boundaries of their space in order to keep a watchful eye on Thargoid activity... perhaps it isn't us dabbling with Guardian Ruins or Structures that have awaken them, but the growing presence of Thargoids in Humanity's bubble... Are their sensors picking up something we know little about?

Could it be a coincidence that these Beacons, that slept soundly despite our tampering with their Ruins and Structures, suddenly spring into life when this deadly, new Interceptor shows itself? Maybe, just as the Guardians had fought them, that these Hydra Interceptor variants are the real menace heralding a storm that follows in their wake? I guess we will find out...

EU9G5jLh.jpg

Added the following video in the Guardians' Homeworld section on the second post of the main OP.

It could have been possible the Guardian homeworld once had a moon, but if their homeworld orbited a Gas Giant, the gravity may have torn their earth-like's moon apart, causing the massive cataclysm, thus giving them a ring around their world. They survived the extinction event from this, but it wiped out their moon in their ancient era... possibly... we just won't know until we get more lore or find their home system.

[video=youtube;qLEH_HbwkO8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLEH_HbwkO8[/video]

A general observation after having visited several different types of Guardian sites over the last couple of days (the new and older Guardian Structures and Ancient Ruins): there is a much more severe degradation in the materials and ruins at the new Guardian Structures. Whereas the Ancient Ruins are very well-preserved, the Guardian Structures show many damaged and destroyed obelisks and this is even more so at the new Guardian Structures, where the majority of the obelisks have been destroyed or damaged. This is despite them having stronger defences. The Guardian Beacons themselves also appear pristine and yet have no defences. This makes me wonder if the damage was caused by the Guardians themselves, damaging larger, more significant facilities and paying less attention to those on the fringes of their territory, perhaps?

I am at the Gnosis now and will stay on it at least through its foray through the Cone Sector. Is there anything you would like me to do to help further investigate and study the Guardians there? I am in a battle conda but also have exploring modules. I do mostly combat but can be trained.

I am at the Gnosis now and will stay on it at least through its foray through the Cone Sector. Is there anything you would like me to do to help further investigate and study the Guardians there? I am in a battle conda but also have exploring modules. I do mostly combat but can be trained.

Hey Slange, just keep an eye out for anything - search for the occasional Brain Tree site (see my brain tree section and panpiper's video I linked) on viable planets - and just keep an eye out on your left-hand panel for any contacts within 1000ls :)

You'll probably come across lots of Hydras, so good luck and god speed CMDR o7!

A general observation after having visited several different types of Guardian sites over the last couple of days (the new and older Guardian Structures and Ancient Ruins): there is a much more severe degradation in the materials and ruins at the new Guardian Structures. Whereas the Ancient Ruins are very well-preserved, the Guardian Structures show many damaged and destroyed obelisks and this is even more so at the new Guardian Structures, where the majority of the obelisks have been destroyed or damaged. This is despite them having stronger defences. The Guardian Beacons themselves also appear pristine and yet have no defences. This makes me wonder if the damage was caused by the Guardians themselves, damaging larger, more significant facilities and paying less attention to those on the fringes of their territory, perhaps?

It could be that the Guardian Structures we're coming across is where the Thargoid War took place (as the Beacons and new medium-sized Structures are closer to the Pleiades) - potentially, the Guardians beat back the Thargoids and then deployed the Sentinels to further Guard the sites that were damaged during that war...

Otherwise, the damage could certainly be from the Guardians themselves.

I'm wondering if the damage to the Obelisks is Caustic in nature, since they appear melted... but again, that could have been Guardian plasma weaponry, not caustic...

I'm hoping we learn more soon :)

Nice work, for sure!

Where did You get that background left and right from the face? Is it from the game?

Thanks, glad you like it ;) As for the background, yes it is. I took some shots during my travels to Guardian structures.
Thanks for the rep :) Appreciated o7

Top Bottom