24 Hours from now, we will witness the future of Exploration

Jenner

I wish I was English like my hero Tj.
In 24 hours I'll be at work.

And then instead of going home to play, I'll be heading to the airport for a weekend trip to Omaha.

*cries*

Ya'll have fun. *hmph*

I’ll miss this livestream, just like I’ve missed all the rest because I’ll be at work, keeping the internet safe from users. Maybe I’ll look for the dead stream when I get home, maybe I’ll just waita for the beta (only rhymes in the US, they can’t pronounce beta correctly over there ;)).

Thing is, from deadstreams I’ve seen in the past those guys play worse than the average newbie so the only way I’ll know if the new changes are good or suck is to do it myself.

I'm excited but also reserved. It generally every single thing I've wanted that has been put in has been watered down to a level it became tedious or boring for me. I'm hoping its exciting, rewarding and fascinating at the same time. Without being a grind. There are only so many beige planets with mixes of different materials you can look at. Time to add some spice to the galaxy.

For example I just read a very interesting article last night about how our solar system if far from the norm based on the Kepler information. I've said the stellar forge is dead wrong for the last 3 years now because of just that fact. Kepler planets are far more bizarre than we ever imagined. I think our galaxy is far more bizarre than they dreamed up. I hope they are changing that. If they do I'll be very happy.

For reference

https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/observations/our-solar-system-is-even-stranger-than-we-thought/

Jenner

I'm excited but also reserved. It generally every single thing I've wanted that has been put in has been watered down to a level it became tedious or boring for me. I'm hoping its exciting, rewarding and fascinating at the same time. Without being a grind. There are only so many beige planets with mixes of different materials you can look at. Time to add some spice to the galaxy.

For example I just read a very interesting article last night about how our solar system if far from the norm based on the Kepler information. I've said the stellar forge is dead wrong for the last 3 years now because of just that fact. Kepler planets are far more bizarre than we ever imagined. I think our galaxy is far more bizarre than they dreamed up. I hope they are changing that. If they do I'll be very happy.

For reference

https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/observations/our-solar-system-is-even-stranger-than-we-thought/

Adding spice to the game I'm all for, but I think we differ on what 'spice' is.
New and cool things to discover and interact with - spice.
A more accurate stellar forge - nice, but not exactly a game changer.

Adding spice to the game I'm all for, but I think we differ on what 'spice' is.
New and cool things to discover and interact with - spice.
A more accurate stellar forge - nice, but not exactly a game changer.

Science fiction becomes science fact. I'm no talking about breaking the laws of physics. But there can be configurations of planets beyond our wildest dreams due to collisions and perturbations, rogue planets etc.

Not to mention the lack of life in this galaxy is utterly demoralizing and statistically unrealistic.

How about finding 2 gas giants in the process of colliding? Or two stars? Or two planets POST collision? DREAM UP some things that will blow our mind. A little clouds and lightning is expected and hardly impressive. BLOW OUR MINDS.

A reminder of the full schedule:

The Chapter Four content reveal livestreams will be on the following dates:
  • Exploration, Codex and Visual Improvements – 18 October (19:00 BST)
  • BGS and Scenario Interactions – 25 October (19:00 BST)
  • Squadrons – 30 October (19:00 GMT)
  • Mining – 01 November (19:00 GMT)
  • The Ships – 8 November (19:00 GMT)

We're getting Codex and Visuals tomorrow night as well. I'd be surprised if this stream is just one hour long.

Last edited:
I’ll miss this livestream, just like I’ve missed all the rest because I’ll be at work, keeping the internet safe from users. Maybe I’ll look for the dead stream when I get home, maybe I’ll just waita for the beta (only rhymes in the US, they can’t pronounce beta correctly over there ;)).

Thing is, from deadstreams I’ve seen in the past those guys play worse than the average newbie so the only way I’ll know if the new changes are good or suck is to do it myself.

What does "beta" rhyme with over there? Feta?

Why do I get the feeling that this Exploration update will add more combat ships and aliens to shoot at?

Jenner

What does "beta" rhyme with over there? Feta?

'orange'

Science fiction becomes science fact. I'm no talking about breaking the laws of physics. But there can be configurations of planets beyond our wildest dreams due to collisions and perturbations, rogue planets etc.

Not to mention the lack of life in this galaxy is utterly demoralizing and statistically unrealistic.

How about finding 2 gas giants in the process of colliding? Or two stars? Or two planets POST collision? DREAM UP some things that will blow our mind. A little clouds and lightning is expected and hardly impressive. BLOW OUR MINDS.

Heh! Ok, I admit those sound awesome and I'd love to see stuff like that in the game. :D

Tomorrow the Elite galaxy will converge to one point in space and time.

Tomorrow the Frontier building will be a singularity.

Tomorrow we will see the Alpha and the Omega.

Tomorrow we will cross the Event Horizons.

Tomorrow is BEYOND

Tomorrow the Elite galaxy will converge to one point in space and time.

Tomorrow the Frontier building will be a singularity.

Tomorrow we will see the Alpha and the Omega.

Tomorrow we will cross the Event Horizons.

Tomorrow is BEYOND

Vomited in my mouth reading that. But I'm excited to see what's in the store over the next several weeks, mostly the exploration stuff tomorrow. Just, don't do any more "poetry" please. Thanks.

Vomited in my mouth reading that. But I'm excited to see what's in the store over the next several weeks, mostly the exploration stuff tomorrow. Just, don't do any more "poetry" please. Thanks.

The Vorgons are reputed to recite far worse

Better not overhype yourself. I wonder if there's enough new content to discover, not just fancy tools.

That is what is worrying me ... the ice planets improvements were taken out ... no news of much else apart from lightning clouds

Akaliel is afraid of what he got inside

Akaliel fights everyday not to listen that voice

Akaliel's soul dies everyday

Tomorrow Akaliel's soul will break through

Tomorrow Akaliel will born

For Akaliel's soul tomorrow is BEYOND

This will be a hit or miss.

The exploration and mining update can resurrect Elite from the graveyard or don't.

I'm excited but so did I in the past with other updates like Multicrew and they were just crap.

So, tomorrow we will see what kind of game FD wants Elite to be.

Top Bottom